The Student Room Group

Computer Science at Manchester?

Good morrow my fellow intellectuals,

I am currently predicted AEU in my A Levels (Dance, Chemistry, Computer Science) and I am looking to apply for Manchester university.

Despite my numerous attempts at calmly reasoning with the admissions staff (letter, angrier letter, even angrier letter written in red ink, getting my rich parents' law firm to sue them), they still refuse to accept me. Apparently, those frivolous nincompoops require 3 A*s from me.

My grades are a tad below average but I truly believe that with enough perseverance I will be able to raise them to their ridiculous prerequisites. Due to my intellectual superiority (came 2nd in my primary school's annual spelling test), I will be taking my A-Levels in exactly 1 month, 2 days, 4 hours, 27 minutes and 39 seconds.

I am aware this is much earlier than most students. However, I am willing to put in the effort and will take on any suggestions that are offered to me.

How can I get 3 A*s in 1 month? Thank you!

Xoxo
Reply 1
Original post by signup-gui-hater
Good morrow my fellow intellectuals,

I am currently predicted AEU in my A Levels (Dance, Chemistry, Computer Science) and I am looking to apply for Manchester university.

Despite my numerous attempts at calmly reasoning with the admissions staff (letter, angrier letter, even angrier letter written in red ink, getting my rich parents' law firm to sue them), they still refuse to accept me. Apparently, those frivolous nincompoops require 3 A*s from me.

My grades are a tad below average but I truly believe that with enough perseverance I will be able to raise them to their ridiculous prerequisites. Due to my intellectual superiority (came 2nd in my primary school's annual spelling test), I will be taking my A-Levels in exactly 1 month, 2 days, 4 hours, 27 minutes and 39 seconds.

I am aware this is much earlier than most students. However, I am willing to put in the effort and will take on any suggestions that are offered to me.

How can I get 3 A*s in 1 month? Thank you!

Xoxo

There are parts of this make me believe this is not a real post, given the hyperbolic nature of some of your sentences.

But, assuming it is, your best bet is applying for an integrated foundation year for computer science, which requires AAA, which is more achieveable than 3 A*s.

Given your limited predicted grades, you wouldn't get accepted if you applied right now for the Foundation Year - as you have to be within 2 predicted grades to get accepted.

So, your best bet is sitting your exams, getting your exam results, then apply for a foundation year once you have sat your exams and received the grades AAA. If you don't manage to achieve that, then Manchester isn't for you, I'm afraid.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending