Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does halal meat taste better than non-halal meat? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Bacon is apparently (based on a consensus amongst most people I know) the best-tasting meat food there is. So non-halal it is.
    We have bacon as well but in the form of Turkey and other meats.. Not the same in taste obviously but great alternative!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssdizzy12)
    I will never understand people who say that
    Your saying talking to animal telling it your basically about to end its life and asking for gods blessing then slaughtering it is horrible but tasering, injecting or electrifying an animal isn't ? Lwal okAY
    People think its cruel because the animal's throat is slit without the animal's senses being reduced (normally by tasering, injecting, or electrifying the animal).

The animal normally feels more pain being killed for Halal meat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saxsan4)
    hallah meat is horrible to animals
    Not really. The animals are generally killed before they have their throats slit.

ReputationRep:
    People don't realise that Lamb and Cattle slaughtered in the UK are automatically Halal, so long as the food is not contaminated by Haraam foods (pig, wine etc) even if they aren't slaughtered by a Muslim person. The term 'Halal' as used in stores is merely a recognition that the store does not sell any Haraam foods. So a Halal subway does not sell bacon or ham, and a halal KFC doesn't either.

If you thought the food you eat that is labelled 'Halal' means it was slaughtered by a Muslim person, you are very mistaken.

Anyone who understands Arabic and reads Quran will know this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Souljer)
    In your opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ima white female and a none religious person, i am a student and almost all the takeaways near my uni are halal and on nights out thats usually where me and my friends end up, theres virtually zero difference haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack1066)
    People think its cruel because the animal's throat is slit without the animal's senses being reduced (normally by tasering, injecting, or electrifying the animal).

The animal normally feels more pain being killed for Halal meat
    so eating meat thats lost its senses before its dead is better than eating meat that has all its senses before its dead ?Plus do you think tasering fully kills the meat? Do you recon that all of it's organs have stopped working just through tasering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    People don't realise that Lamb and Cattle slaughtered in the UK are automatically Halal, so long as the food is not contaminated by Haraam foods (pig, wine etc) even if they aren't slaughtered by a Muslim person. The term 'Halal' as used in stores is merely a recognition that the store does not sell any Haraam foods. So a Halal subway does not sell bacon or ham, and a halal KFC doesn't either.

If you thought the food you eat that is labelled 'Halal' means it was slaughtered by a Muslim person, you are very mistaken.

Anyone who understands Arabic and reads Quran will know this.
    I once eat an apple which was halal, i was bloody livid, i demand all halal apples to be banned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    Not really. The animals are generally killed before they have their throats slit.
    Not true

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not true

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it is.

ReputationRep:
    For everyone thats says halal meat is horrible watch this video..

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=faa_1334605690

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssdizzy12)
    so eating meat thats lost its senses before its dead is better than eating meat that has all its senses before its dead ?Plus do you think tasering fully kills the meat? Do you recon that all of it's organs have stopped working just through tasering
    Its an empathy thing. People feel less comfortable eating meat that died in lots more pain compared to an animal that died feeling considerably less pain.

The animal is still alive after being tasered, though its senses are reduced so they won't feel as much pain when they are killed. Again, this is an issue of empathy for the consumer, not the taste.

ReputationRep:
    yes it is .

ReputationRep:
    All humans are equal, but some humans are allowed to legally torture animals and children.

ReputationRep:
    In your opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tastes the same tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    When it's haram but tastes so halal. :coma:
    Huh? Lol
    It tastes the same to me. Why would there be a difference in taste if it's just some words being read out.

ReputationRep:
    I have always been curious to know why muslims eat only halal meat. As in why is it considered more ethical exactly?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.