The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hydeman
Bacon is apparently (based on a consensus amongst most people I know) the best-tasting meat food there is. So non-halal it is. :biggrin:

We have bacon as well but in the form of Turkey and other meats.. Not the same in taste obviously but great alternative!
Original post by ssdizzy12
I will never understand people who say that
Your saying talking to animal telling it your basically about to end its life and asking for gods blessing then slaughtering it is horrible but tasering, injecting or electrifying an animal isn't ? Lwal okAY

People think its cruel because the animal's throat is slit without the animal's senses being reduced (normally by tasering, injecting, or electrifying the animal).

The animal normally feels more pain being killed for Halal meat
Original post by saxsan4
hallah meat is horrible to animals

Not really. The animals are generally killed before they have their throats slit.
People don't realise that Lamb and Cattle slaughtered in the UK are automatically Halal, so long as the food is not contaminated by Haraam foods (pig, wine etc) even if they aren't slaughtered by a Muslim person. The term 'Halal' as used in stores is merely a recognition that the store does not sell any Haraam foods. So a Halal subway does not sell bacon or ham, and a halal KFC doesn't either.

If you thought the food you eat that is labelled 'Halal' means it was slaughtered by a Muslim person, you are very mistaken.

Anyone who understands Arabic and reads Quran will know this.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Souljer
In your opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ima white female and a none religious person, i am a student and almost all the takeaways near my uni are halal and on nights out thats usually where me and my friends end up, theres virtually zero difference haha
Original post by Jack1066
People think its cruel because the animal's throat is slit without the animal's senses being reduced (normally by tasering, injecting, or electrifying the animal).

The animal normally feels more pain being killed for Halal meat

so eating meat thats lost its senses before its dead is better than eating meat that has all its senses before its dead ?Plus do you think tasering fully kills the meat? Do you recon that all of it's organs have stopped working just through tasering
Reply 26
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
People don't realise that Lamb and Cattle slaughtered in the UK are automatically Halal, so long as the food is not contaminated by Haraam foods (pig, wine etc) even if they aren't slaughtered by a Muslim person. The term 'Halal' as used in stores is merely a recognition that the store does not sell any Haraam foods. So a Halal subway does not sell bacon or ham, and a halal KFC doesn't either.

If you thought the food you eat that is labelled 'Halal' means it was slaughtered by a Muslim person, you are very mistaken.

Anyone who understands Arabic and reads Quran will know this.

I once eat an apple which was halal, i was bloody livid, i demand all halal apples to be banned.
Reply 27
Original post by United1892
Not really. The animals are generally killed before they have their throats slit.

Not true

Posted from TSR Mobile

it is.
For everyone thats says halal meat is horrible watch this video..

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=faa_1334605690
Original post by ssdizzy12
so eating meat thats lost its senses before its dead is better than eating meat that has all its senses before its dead ?Plus do you think tasering fully kills the meat? Do you recon that all of it's organs have stopped working just through tasering

Its an empathy thing. People feel less comfortable eating meat that died in lots more pain compared to an animal that died feeling considerably less pain.

The animal is still alive after being tasered, though its senses are reduced so they won't feel as much pain when they are killed. Again, this is an issue of empathy for the consumer, not the taste.
Reply 31
yes it is .
Reply 32
All humans are equal, but some humans are allowed to legally torture animals and children.
Original post by Souljer
In your opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tastes the same tbh.
Original post by So Instinct
When it's haram but tastes so halal. :coma:

Huh? Lol
It tastes the same to me. Why would there be a difference in taste if it's just some words being read out.
I have always been curious to know why muslims eat only halal meat. As in why is it considered more ethical exactly?
Reply 36
As opposed to non halal where all the little animal farms are tucked into bed before ol’farmer joe reads them a bed time story before there killed ?
I've found non-Halal butchers have much lower quality meat compared to Halal. I'm in NJ.
Halal is a way for Muslims to keep their job at the meat packing industry. Non Halaal meat is just fine. Middle finger to the desert cult.
Halal meat is awesome!

Latest