The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Costie Livs in Cardiff as a Muslim

Hey guys, I'm due to enrol at Cardiff University this coming September. I've never been to Cardiff before so I'm not sure how my living costs will add up compared to London (especially for Asian groceries which tend to be pricey). I should probably also mention that I'm a Muslim, and I'm not sure how close-knit the Muslim community there is. Halal meat tends to be marginally more expensive here in London, but it's widely available. What's the situation like in Cardiff?
Original post by Abz3900
Hey guys, I'm due to enrol at Cardiff University this coming September. I've never been to Cardiff before so I'm not sure how my living costs will add up compared to London (especially for Asian groceries which tend to be pricey). I should probably also mention that I'm a Muslim, and I'm not sure how close-knit the Muslim community there is. Halal meat tends to be marginally more expensive here in London, but it's widely available. What's the situation like in Cardiff?

Hi there,

Current Cardiff Uni student!

Cardiff is one of the most affordable cities in the UK. After comparing uni in Cardiff vs London, my rent is almost half as well as general groceries, coffee etc being much cheaper! I'm vegetarian so I'm not aware of the costs of meat, however, I find food in Cardiff generally to be relatively affordable.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions :smile:

Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Abz3900

heyy me too!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending