The Student Room Group

what happens if a muslim...

accidentally inhales smoke when a non muslim has a cigarette infront of muslim
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Nothing. :smile:

It is not their choice that someone else has decided to smoke cigarettes and opted to gamble on ruining their own lungs in this way.
The immediate-long term health risks associated with a healthy adult being exposed to second hand cigarette smoke in the air once in a while outside because a random stranger is smoking legally in a public place are miniscule.
Try not to worry.
Reply 2
Original post by hurtinguser
accidentally inhales smoke when a non muslim has a cigarette infront of muslim

I'm assuming you mean spiritually rather than medically.
Most things that are haram are mitigated in the contexts of necessity or intention.
For example, if you are starving to death and the only food is pork, eating it is not a sin. Similarly, if you are told your kofte is halal chicken but it accidentally contains pork, no sin incurred.
Reply 3
im muslim and this happened to me whilst i was waiting for parents and i moved away from the ppl
i wasnt sure to report it (as there were boys in my year who had friends come from another school) and was worrying if it would affect my lungs in anyway but i tried not inhaling it, or that i will get ghunna for it
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 4
im muslim and this happened to me whilst i was waiting for parents and i moved away from the ppl
i wasnt sure to report it (as there were boys in my year who had friends come from another school) and was worrying if it would affect my lungs in anyway but i tried not inhaling it, or that i will get ghunna for it

Nope, you are not sin as it was accidental and from the actions of others.
Reply 5
was worrying if it would affect my lungs in anyway

Passive smoking can cause a variety of heath problem. It does not matter what religion you are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending