Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls exam predictions watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    What was that section B( curley's wife)? What did they ask you to say? We didn't have a lit mock :/
    I didn't see the exam paper, I just saw a discussion. I presume it was section B because it asked about Curley's Wife's death in the barn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leopard923)
    That's true! It might be a repeat but a different passage.... I see what you are all saying about Carlson but there is very little... Curley seems possible?
    Yeah, it's obviously because Curley's Wife is a very important character. I think Curley is possible but the question will most likely ask about a theme. So if it asks about the american dream then you can talk about many characters (Candy, Curley, George). Worth revising Carlson anyway, that's what I'm doing but just don't prioritise him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    I didn't see the exam paper, I just saw a discussion. I presume it was section B because it asked about Curley's Wife's death in the barn
    Damn it, I did the same thing! I just thought it was death in general xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiara006)
    Did you do the exam in 2015? If you did, what did you write about her death as I feel that was quite a hard extract?
    I didn't. However, i analysed it, hope it helps

juxtaposition of impurity vs innocence when he describes Curley’s wife laying dead.
    As she lies in the hay she is "pretty and simple... sweet and young". Perhaps when she is no longer in the hands of men, we see a deeper side to her character; the real person with dreams, ambitions and disappointments that are hidden beneath the layers of make-up.

Living as the only women in a male society has caused her to behave "mean" acting like a "tart" and death is the only thing that frees her.

Steinbeck uses irony by making Curley's wife seem more alive when she is dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Damn it, I did the same thing! I just thought it was death in general xD
    you'd have a lot to say about death in general, that's for sure! I don't know the actual questions, only the fact that it asked about Curley's Wife's death. She can't come up this year.. surely??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    I didn't. However, i analysed it, hope it helps

juxtaposition of impurity vs innocence when he describes Curley’s wife laying dead.
    As she lies in the hay she is "pretty and simple... sweet and young". Perhaps when she is no longer in the hands of men, we see a deeper side to her character; the real person with dreams, ambitions and disappointments that are hidden beneath the layers of make-up.

Living as the only women in a male society has caused her to behave "mean" acting like a "tart" and death is the only thing that frees her.

Steinbeck uses irony by making Curley's wife seem more alive when she is dead.
    Thank you, these are really good interpretations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiara006)
    Thank you, these are really good interpretations!
    No problem

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.