Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepsi Cola :))
    I would say that your answer is correct - his verbis auditus is an ablative absolute and you have just translated it literally, so i think they will accept it How did you find it overall?
    ok cool thats what one of my friends said so i just wanted to check. I found it easy tbh. The first paper always is. I need to start learning my literature though...wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember how the translation part went? I have no idea how I did

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty certain that it is cruel because 'crudele' is not an adverb (it is a neuter adjective - cruel). 'crudeliter' on the other hand is an adverb (cruelly).
    Yeah you are right, I put cruelly prepared Realised I got it wrong after I talked to my friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crème brûlée)
    Does anyone remember how the translation part went? I have no idea how I did

I thought it was actually a bit easier than other translations. A lot of constructions though, but I think I did pretty well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igggy)
    ok cool thats what one of my friends said so i just wanted to check. I found it easy tbh. The first paper always is. I need to start learning my literature though...wbu?
    It thought it was easier than all the past papers! But the grade boundaries will probably be really high as a result and it may mean that Language 2 is harder than usual... What did you put for the question near the end about how Venus punished the married couple? Yeah I need to learn my Lit too!!

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys put as derivations, I got
    annual - something that happens every year
    trade - to hand something over in exchange for something else

ReputationRep:
    I had same as you. I thought it was quite easy, but yeh grade boundaries will be higher

ReputationRep:
    I accidentally but he for Venus, and "young men" instead of "young man". How many marks will I lose? How many marks is that question? Do you think 58 will be full UMS this year as it was really easy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesj477)
    What did you guys put as derivations, I got
    annual - something that happens every year
    trade - to hand something over in exchange for something else
    I put that as well! Although I thought "tradidit" meant "throw", but luckily trade was the only word I thought was similar to "tradidit", so I'm glad I put that

ReputationRep:
    Hi for the translation was it 'conditions' or 'condition' for the bit about how they accepted her condition(s)? Also what does ita mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crobby)
    Hi for the translation was it 'conditions' or 'condition' for the bit about how they accepted her condition(s)? Also what does ita mean?
    a) Condition I think but even if you write conditions it'll be a minor error
    b) so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nega166)
    b) so
    Do you remember what the latin was in the translation for 'condition' as I can't remember (was it 'modus'?). Thanks

ReputationRep:
    b) so
    for ita will I get away with 'so much' (they were loving Atalanta so much)? also can't remember what I put (condition or conditions) do you know what the latin sentence was? I think it had acciperent in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenlizzie100)
    Yeah, I also put "cruel plan".
    Also did anybody else finish ridiculously early?? I still had half an hour left when I'd finished :/
    I also finished in about half the time, but then I went back and checked it thoroughly and realised I'd made a few mistakes.

How did you find it?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    P.S. I also put 'cruel plan'! :P

ReputationRep:
    Do you remember what the latin was in the translation for 'condition' as I can't remember (was it 'modus'?). Thanks
    It was "condicionem" or something like that

(Original post by 14Abbott)
    for ita will I get away with 'so much' (they were loving Atalanta so much)? also can't remember what I put (condition or conditions) do you know what the latin sentence was? I think it had acciperent in it
    "They loved Atlanta so much that they accepted her condition" Yes you will get away with so much as it's correct lol

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Crobby)
    Hi is anyone as unprepared as me for Latin lang tomorrow? I find it so hard!
    (Original post by Banana00)
    I have it too!

Good luck
    (Original post by emunia123)
    Personally I think vocab is more important, as if you know the vocab you can try and bs the grammar
    (Original post by KSI0lajideBT)
    vocab is all just bs..... to many words
    (Original post by TeenPolyglot)
    I'm fairly prepared.

I'm just hoping that it's a straightforward paper, without too many irregular verbs, or random unknown words.

But I'm really ready. Even with no grammar or vocabulary revision tonight.
    (Original post by amarmalhotra1)
    i would revise vocab coz if you completely **** up a word thats a major error whereas a grammar mistake may only be a minor error in the translation and you dont really need to know any grammar for the comprehension things..
    (Original post by tmg1999)
    How did it go? how many marks will I lose for saying he instead of she for Venus?
    It depends in what context, did you do it for the whole thing, or just one question, or the translation.
    dw you got the correct translation apart from that, at most you'll drop one mark, but it might say accept he/she as it techinally could be either, u never know
    (Original post by fuzz13)
    I'd say could be a minor... really depends on the mark scheme! You know the first multiple choice about her being beautiful/marriage? What did you put?! I changed my mind from C to D but it wasn't an ablative of comparison so I'm really annoyed now.... :unimpressed:
    (Original post by Crème brûlée)
    Did she prepare a cruel plan or cruelly prepare a plan?
    (Original post by emunia123)
    i said cruel plan but really don't know
    I am pretty certain that it is cruel because 'crudele' is not an adverb (it is a neuter adjective - cruel). 'crudeliter' on the other hand is an adverb (cruelly).

hi. what made you want to take up latin? what resources, books, websites did you use? what can you do with doing latin? im curious.

ReputationRep:
    It thought it was easier than all the past papers! But the grade boundaries will probably be really high as a result and it may mean that Language 2 is harder than usual... What did you put for the question near the end about how Venus punished the married couple? Yeah I need to learn my Lit too!!
    I think I put that she punished them as the young man had not given her a gift or something like that...I made it a bit ambiguous and hoped i get the mark coz i wasn't sure. What did u put?

ReputationRep:
    It was "condicionem" or something like that

"They loved Atlanta so much that they accepted her condition" Yes you will get away with so much as it's correct lol
    Ita lliterally means 'to such an extent' but I'm pretty sure they'll accept so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    Spoiler:
    Show

hi. what made you want to take up latin? what resources, books, websites did you use? what can you do with doing latin? im curious.
    I took up Latin because i thought it would be an interesting subject to learn, it is the base of many other languages (i am bilingual so I could link it to both polish and english) plus I am also doing Spanish and they are both very similar. I am also very interested in roman history, which you do a lot of when studying latin for gcse, and am considering becoming a doctor- lots of latin terminology there.

I did it at school, so used the CGP books, and sites like quizlet to learn vocab. Also I read about Roman history and their life (often in fiction books, which can actually be very informative).

After learning Latin you can learn other languages easier, especially if you understand latin grammar (very hard, at least i think so)
    You can go into classics, it will help with history etc.
    Understand the meaning behind all the harry potter spells and random quotes everyone throws around
    Understand lots of the original meanings of words e.g. trade comes from trado which means hand over (really useless but still interesting for some people)

ReputationRep:
    What was the translation for 'in mediis silvis'? I put 'in the middle of the woods' but silvis isn't genitive, is it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.