Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Results: Retake and Remark information - 21 August 2014 Watch

ReputationRep:
    has anyone here ever had a math or statistics remark go up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemonpopsicle2)
    Did it go up or down by 17 UMS?
    Up!! I got the A* I deserved xD Twas a relieving moment ><

edit: i realise i didn't initially specify as i thought i already used the word 'up' in that sentence :') sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    Up!! I got the A* I deserved xD Twas a relieving moment ><

edit: i realise i didn't initially specify as i thought i already used the word 'up' in that sentence :') sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    WOW, brilliant outcome :-)

ReputationRep:
    I recently got my geography remark and even though I only needed 4 UMS (3 raw marks) more to get an A*, my whole paper ended up going by 17 UMS!!! It was insane. I'd say it's very likely your marks will go up IF you felt the exam went better than what was reflected in your grade. I'd also advise sending off a paper at a time to rule out the devastating risk of one paper going up, the other going down, and your overall mark staying the same :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What geography course was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgeboy989)
    What geography course was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OCR spec B

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OCR spec B

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Theres no chance my marks will heavily increase now, AQA Specification A :,(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimist)
    Just sent my AQA English lit papers off for remark since I was 2 UMS off an A*. Do you think I should get my history remarked? I was 8 UMS off an A* and it was because I got a C in the coursework...
    Hi, do you know the grade boundaries for history, English Lang and lit? It would also be really helpful to know the maximum ums for each unit

ReputationRep:

I got an A in english language GCSE, but my teacher and I expected me to get an A*. I don't need the higher grade, but it is something I would really like. My UMS score was 269, and an A* needed 270. An A is 240, so I would need to lose 30 points to get a B, which equates to losing 8 raw marks in the exam. I know I could lose the money, but that doesn't bother me, what would is if I got a B. Has anyone had any experience with this or do you if 8 marks is a lot f marks to drop?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I achieved an A in AQA GCSE French (full course) and the exams officer told me I am 5 raw marks off an A*. Considering that the writing and speaking components of the exam are a bit more subjective, do you think I should apply for a remark? I know that the read/listening are unlikely to change as they are more objectively or rigidly marked and it's an exam...So....what do people think? I was really disappointed with my A as I worked my ass off. My teacher even said she's a harsh marker but my home tutor for French was a native speaker who proofread it several times and said the writing was perfect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violetta23)
    I achieved an A in AQA GCSE French (full course) and the exams officer told me I am 5 raw marks off an A*. Considering that the writing and speaking components of the exam are a bit more subjective, do you think I should apply for a remark? I know that the read/listening are unlikely to change as they are more objectively or rigidly marked and it's an exam...So....what do people think? I was really disappointed with my A as I worked my ass off. My teacher even said she's a harsh marker but my home tutor for French was a native speaker who proofread it several times and said the writing was perfect?
    Remark the writing. I've known many cases where the writing has increased by two whole grades. It seems to be that these examiners mark only one piece and double the score, believing that the consistency in both pieces is the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KettleMan)
    Hi all

For my IGCSE History I was 1 mark off a C. I am therefore going to request a remark.

How likely do you think the grade will go up to a C? (I know it's hard to tell as you've not seen my paper lol)
    Remark successful. I now have a C in History.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KettleMan)
    Remark successful. I now have a C in History.
    congratz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Remark the writing. I've known many cases where the writing has increased by two whole grades. It seems to be that these examiners mark only one piece and double the score, believing that the consistency in both pieces is the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing is, she gave me 28/30 and 29/30 respectively, so even if I was awarded full marks for both, that would only give me 3 marks, and I need 2 more for an A*. Do you think my speaking could go up any more too, considering it's a bit more subjective?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone waiting on an AQA English Lit remark to come back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DustToDust)
    Anyone waiting on an AQA English Lit remark to come back?
    Yeah me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same! Which paper are you getting remarked? and what grade are you hoping for it to come out as?

ReputationRep:
    Same! Which paper are you getting remarked? and what grade are you hoping for it to come out as?
    I'm getting paper 1 done. I got a B and I'm hoping for an A. It was my only B so as you can imagine I'm pretty keen on getting it bumped up wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econam)
    I'm getting paper 1 done. I got a B and I'm hoping for an A. It was my only B so as you can imagine I'm pretty keen on getting it bumped up wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm having paper 1 done! I was 1 ums off an A* overall. Really hope you get your A!! My schools have started coming back today so I should have mine either tomorrow or next week:eek: Good luck

ReputationRep:
    That is ridiculous, speak to you school, they will probably complain to the exam board
    Thanks . But my school isnt like that :/ . Had i dropped a grade then maybe they would have took it further but i doubt they really care.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having paper 1 done! I was 1 ums off an A* overall. Really hope you get your A!! My schools have started coming back today so I should have mine either tomorrow or next week:eek: Good luck
    Thanks! Good luck to you as well, let me know how you get on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.