The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr234
Have you started any bridging work for further maths?:smile: I wanted to take it as an option but don't think il be able to handle the difficulty of the course:redface:

Bridging work? Further Maths is gonna be my b*tch:cool:. Jokes aside, no I haven't but I'm not worried because Maths is my strong point. Chemistry worries me.
Reply 3981
Original post by Red Fox
I wish I was a humanities person:frown:. I've just picked my strengths in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

Original post by Red Fox
Bridging work? Further Maths is gonna be my b*tch:cool:. Jokes aside, no I haven't but I'm not worried because Maths is my strong point. Chemistry worries me.

Woop I'm doing the same! And Chem is also my weakest one (which is why I'll be dropping it!)
Reply 3982
Original post by Jatz07
Anyone want to do dentistry on this thread??

What A-levels are you doing this year?
Jatz

I might do it, but doing maths, chem, bio and history, with GS. May also do AS further maths in second year, cause I can finish maths all next year.
Reply 3983
Original post by Red Fox
I wish I was a humanities person:frown:. I've just picked my strengths in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

You do? and I wish I was better at maths:colone:
Damn, you should be pleased that those fall under your strengths! Further maths is no joke:eek:
Reply 3984
Original post by Red Fox

Haha lol i am envious of people who are naturally gifted at maths!:colonhash: I'm the opposite, Chemistry is probably one of my strongest subjects! No doubt, it will probably be 10x harder at A-level!:tongue:
Original post by Cluck
Maybe his personal statement was really awful? :s-smilie:

Original post by Darnell LD97
Oh yeah I looked at this yesterday and I was shocked how 7 A* didn't even get him into Oxford, but its not that bad because he has a place at one of the best American unis.

He must have had a s*** interview! Perhaps a worse personality than Dalek :s-smilie:
Reply 3986
Original post by techno836
He must have had a s*** interview! Perhaps a worse personality than Dalek :s-smilie:

Ha lol! I think Dalek should read this article
Reply 3987

:giggle: Why so much hate for Dalek on this thread?
Original post by Tibbz2
Woop I'm doing the same! And Chem is also my weakest one (which is why I'll be dropping it!)

I may drop Chem after AS depending on what I get. If I scrape an A or get lower I will. If I get a comfortable A then I'll probably carry it on.

He still gor into stanford and thats amazing. Oxbridge only have the prestige which seperates it from other unis which give the same quality in a handful of courses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a123a
Ha lol! I think Dalek should read this article

He should.. But I think he'd rather go to America

Original post by sr234

I wouldn't say hate.. More like a mission to not make him arrogant :lol: :wink:
Reply 3991
Original post by sr234

Start a conversation with him, then you'll see why:rolleyes:
Original post by elixirs
You do? and I wish I was better at maths:colone:
Damn, you should be pleased that those fall under your strengths! Further maths is no joke:eek:

Haha I wish I could study things like History, Philosophy and Spanish alongside the sciences but obviously A-Levels are too time consuming for that to be realistic unless you are L'Evil Fish.
Original post by Jatz07
Anyone want to do dentistry on this thread??

What A-levels are you doing this year?
Jatz
Yep I've chosen Bio, Chem, English Lit and Psychology. How about you?
Reply 3994
Original post by Red Fox
I may drop Chem after AS depending on what I get. If I scrape an A or get lower I will. If I get a comfortable A then I'll probably carry it on.

True, if I find it interesting enough and not stupidly difficult I may consider keeping it... But I doubt I will, I was never amazing at it, and I heard the AS-A2 jump is killer
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
He still gor into stanford and thats amazing. Oxbridge only have the prestige which seperates it from other unis which give the same quality in a handful of courses

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whilst that is true I also believe American universities only do group interviews :smile:
Original post by sr234
Haha lol i am envious of people who are naturally gifted at maths!:colonhash: I'm the opposite, Chemistry is probably one of my strongest subjects! No doubt, it will probably be 10x harder at A-level!:tongue:
Chemistry is fun at times and I have a nice class for it next year. Looking forward to it. I think it's my banker for an A* at GCSE, if I don't get it I will jump off a cliff next Thursday.
Reply 3997
Original post by Tibbz2
What is 'enrichment'? Or is it different depending on the school?

I noticed along side out frees and lessons we also have 2 periods of enrichment every 2 weeks and 2 periods of General Studies or 'Statutory' Games, or something like that....

Anyone?
Original post by Tibbz2
True, if I find it interesting enough and not stupidly difficult I may consider keeping it... But I doubt I will, I was never amazing at it, and I heard the AS-A2 jump is killer

Yeah but the jump from AS to A2 seems bigger than GCSE to AS in most subjects. Anything's possible if you work hard enough.
Whilst that is true I also believe American universities only do group interviews :smile:

Are you talking about that guy that got 7 A*s but didn't get into Oxford?

Latest