Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudiaelli)
    does anyone know what to say about primate behaviour?
    the advantages of social behavior in primates: Primate stick together in groups.

Primates give birth to few young at a time to enhance group protection and so it can receive better maternal care.

The young can the learn vital survival skills from members of the group.

Knowledge of food sources can be shared within the group.

Better chance of detecting and surviving predation as group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lychees)
    Can anyone tell me the ratio for linkage. Is it 9:3:3:1 and also can someonr explain what a dihybrid is
    Dihybrid is the inheritance of two genes. 9:3:3:1 is for a heterozygous dihybrid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctor_2_be)
    Yep, the sad thing is ill have to do the same thing tommorow night fory physics exam on thursday
    Same for me. I have one day to learn 50% of the whole A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WishIHadRevised)
    What's the difference between preservation and conservation?
    Conservation involves protections, management and sometimes reclamation of an ecosystem, preservation is just protecting the environment by leaving it basically untouched, not removing anything from the area and not adding to it

ReputationRep:
    For 2b iii) how do you find the expected value in the chi-squared table?

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/61493-q...nvironment.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samboosa0)
    For 2b iii) how do you find the expected value in the chi-squared table?

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/61493-q...nvironment.pdf
    Expected would be 25 each as a 1;1 ratio and 50 of them

ReputationRep:
    So I'm glad I'm not the only one in the same boat that doesn't have a clue. Nothing seems to be in this mush of a brain anymore. Hopefully tomorrow it will all just flood back into it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctor_2_be)
    Yep, the sad thing is ill have to do the same thing tommorow night fory physics exam on thursday
    That 's peak, especially it being physics *barfs* . But I had to do the same last night for my psychology exam today. Luckily tomorrow's my last exam , so what's one more sleepless night for an exam which even if you prepare and prepare may still end up flopping it. Is physics your last one?

ReputationRep:
    Yo, I need some help with the following

Can someone please explain to me the Power Stroke and The Sliding Filament Model?

Thanks

#LastMinute.com

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or is there a ridiculous amount of content thats absolutely boring, reckon i'll get 4 hours of sleep tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahem-)
    Expected would be 25 each as a 1;1 ratio and 50 of them
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEMathlete)
    :'( yes fcking bricking it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How UNprepared are you for it? Or is it just nerves?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahem-)
    is it just me or is there a ridiculous amount of content thats absolutely boring, reckon i'll get 4 hours of sleep tonight.
    get off tsr and start working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samboosa0)
    thanks!
    Sorry, the end part of my answer didnt make much sense lol meant to say as theres 50 all together,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hukdealz)
    get off tsr and start working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domcandrews)
    LMFAO,,,cheer you all up a bit aha https://www.youtube.com/embed/ID6KY1QBR5s
    Dude that was hilarious, certainly did cheer me up. Everyone needs to watch this to lighten their mood over this **** of an exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahem-)
    Sorry, the end part of my answer didnt make much sense lol meant to say as theres 50 all together,
    np i got it how do you calculate df (degrees of freedom) in that question? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amorrison)
    How UNprepared are you for it? Or is it just nerves?
    Her sympathetic nervous system is playing up. If she wants to calm down, her parasympathetic nervous system will need to be more dominant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mushyD)
    Feel free to ask
    idk what to ask cos idk what i need to know :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h4mz4)
    Yo, I need some help with the following

Can someone please explain to me the Power Stroke and The Sliding Filament Model?

Thanks

#LastMinute.com
    Muscle Contraction:

Action potential arrives at the neuromuscular junction which trigger vesicles containing neurotransmitter substance to fuse with pre synpatic membrane and diffuse across the synaptic space. the neurotransmitter substance then binds to receptors on the sacrolemma. This triggers opening of sodium ion channels which intiate action potential in the the muscle. the action potential travels down t-tubules which cause sarcoplamsic reticulum to release their store of calcium ions. the calcium ions then bind to troponine to expose the binding site on actin. myosin can now bind to actin and form a crosslink and ATP molecule is hydrolysed and powerstroke occurs. another ATP is hydrolysed and the myosin head is rest. this process repeats until it stop receiving stimulation.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.