Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How on Earth do all you people know what you want to do at Uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I have been told that I'm doing C1,C2,S1,C3,C4,D1 for Maths and FP1,M1,M2,FP2,FP3 and M3 for Further Maths.I am being taught Core 1 and Mechanics 1 up until chirstmas and the other 4 modules after-I'm a little bit annoyed the Further Maths teacher isn't jumping straight into Complex Numbers because I love them.

Out of the applied modules Mechanics looks the best followed by Statistics then followed by Decision-Mechanics will probably be the best modules for me because I'm doing Physics AS so there will be some crossover between Physics and Mechanics Modules.

How can you think Decision looks cool?-most of it doesn't even look like Maths.
    My Further Maths teacher started us off with complex numbers straight away! (Including the induction day)
    They're pretty cool, but it can get rather confusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    chemical engineering
    Oh, okay, you should be fine then - if you were going to study straight physics, they might have required you to take the mechanics modules, but chemical engineering should be okay without. But yeah, it must be annoying nonetheless...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliss)
    My Further Maths teacher started us off with complex numbers straight away! (Including the induction day)
    They're pretty cool, but it can get rather confusing
    You would think they'd teach us Further Pure 1 first but maybe my lecturer thought it was best to get the class understanding Mechanics because I only did it in my Physics Unit 2 and not my Maths GCSE considering we are doing Mechanics 1 and 2 in AS Further Maths we really need to understand the basics of Mechanics straight away with Mechanics 1.Does anyone know if Mechanics 2 leads on from Mechanics 1?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guuuuys and ladieeeees! Don't think I've posted yet on this thread! Just wanted to say good luck to you all doing A Levels and I wish you all have a very productive and successful year. Work hard and you'll see the outcome be in your fortunes! Started today at a sixth form college that is only in it's 2nd year but have done really well! Taking Biology, Chemistry, Geography and French which I couldn't do at my old school's sixth form -_-. Sad thing is I start from 8:20 and finish at 4:00, it's like a proper school so I have no free periods at all in the week urrrgh oh vells lol.

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhhhhh first day of school :eek: I want to crawl back in my bed

ReputationRep:
    Since starting college a couple of days ago, I have literally no free time! The workload is hitting me hard right now ...I guess I'll have to get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Yeah I know that feeling!
    I've only been at sixth form for two days and I'm even tired before I walk past the school gates.
    Yep I went to college last year and was only in 2 mornings a week. Gone from that to 42 hours at sixth form for a fortnight. I need to get used to it haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiecat)
    Oh, okay, you should be fine then - if you were going to study straight physics, they might have required you to take the mechanics modules, but chemical engineering should be okay without. But yeah, it must be annoying nonetheless...
    yeah but i still want to do well in physics and m1 would help, s1 doesn't really help with anything im doing. i might just take m1 externally this year as well instead of next year, doing 4 modules this year if i can cope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyThereHarry)
    Since starting college a couple of days ago, I have literally no free time! The workload is hitting me hard right now ...I guess I'll have to get used to it.
    homework?

ReputationRep:
    In doing psychology English language and French :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyThereHarry)
    Not the workload but I agree... Waking up, get home later than usual... Shower... Then I have like no time in the day it seems...

I hate that :emo:

Thankfully we have the weekend now :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Day off today :cool:; officially starting lessons on Monday...with Biology. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Cool

ReputationRep:
    I don't start till Tuesday! Although induction is on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    OMG Just got my timetable & I have Wednesday completely off. Wooo hoo !

I would prefer having a Monday off no one likes going in first day back of the week.
    Strangely I do have a few free periods but my lessons are so cramped in together fml.

Anyone bothering to do Duke of Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    I was going to try out Duke of Edinburgh to be honest, you think its worth it?

ReputationRep:
    These early morning are already taking their toll on me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SufyaanPrime)
    In doing psychology English language and French :dontknow:
    Which exam board for English?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Back from Sixth Form, today was ok! I firstly had Double Spanish which was fantastic. I love Spanish and the lesson was enjoyable (although I need to practice being more spontaneous in conversation.) I think I might do the homework we got now because it's not really too bad.

After that was a free and then English Language. I have to say, I preferred it in yesterday's lesson because it felt more productive. Today didn't feel like we'd really learnt anything new. And then finally was Double French! I felt tired so I think the teacher kept wondering if I understood/was keeping up, but I was ok with it all. French grammar is so much harder than Spanish so I think this weekend I really need to get practising on some more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.