The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MattFletcher
I know it's probably been asked before, but does anyone know the best (free) Organiser app where I can insert timetable, homeworks for these etc. Can be IOS or android.

I just did a quick android store search and found school schedule deluxe, it looks pretty good except due to all the information you need to enter (50 lesson periods, teachers, subjects) I started entering the details in, and on the first period I lost interest :redface:

Original post by sarahiscool
Guys you are all making me want to cry by saying how big the jump is, im so scared for when I start on Monday

You're probably more capable than you think but are just feeling a bit nervous, and you're here right? That itself shows interest in your education, you'll be fine!

Original post by Lucas.
Just finished watching ITV's documentary on Brian Clough that they aired a few years ago... Don't even know why I was watching it, but it was pretty damn good.

Are you an automobile fan?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4361
Original post by Glitch96
Are you an automobile fan?

No... Why? :tongue:
Reply 4362
Original post by Elm Tree
What are the notes about?

Just a bit of information on the life of Aristotle, comparing Aristotle to Plato, Aristotle's beliefs, Records from the antiquity, The signifiance of Aristotle in our culture, Aristotle: The Prime Mover, Common source & his argument & Eternal substance
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Have you got loads of friends though?:redface:

Made loads in the first few days so its okay I guess.
Fish, I know you're here somewhere. HL Maths has already ruined me.

Even the year 13 Further Maths people couldn't really help me with my homework.

Here's a question from it:

z^2=9i

Express this in the form x+iy or something... good luck.

IM SO CONFUSED/TIRED/WTF
One of my teachers today was telling me how disappointed school were with my year's results today, clearly I'm not part of a clever year group :colondollar:
Temperatures reached 117 degrees Celsius in London yesterday, as temperatures in the heatwave in London rocketed further that is expected to last for the next 2-3 weeks.I wonder whether the temperature rose further today.The extreme temperatures recorded on Fenchurch Street are expected to occur for the next 2-3 weeks so get down London if you love hot weather because its hotter than a sauna.
The weather fluctuates way too much, this morning it was raining and you could see your breath, by the end of the day I was sweating.

Original post by Lucas.
No... Why? :tongue:

You mentioned that program and it reminded me of a car video :tongue: watch it, i'd like to see what you think. Note that the male voice is Artyon Senna, voted as one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time and the last fatality in the sport (note the references from the female voice).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53c6o_cNPEo
Reply 4368
Original post by iJess
Just a bit of information on the life of Aristotle, comparing Aristotle to Plato, Aristotle's beliefs, Records from the antiquity, The signifiance of Aristotle in our culture, Aristotle: The Prime Mover, Common source & his argument & Eternal substance

We're doing about Plato first too. I'm loving it but maybe that has something to do with my teacher being amazing:cute:
Original post by pathosL
am i the only one without much of a workload and also not really feeling a big jump?

With some subjects - like geography and maths - I can see what you're saying, but I suppose they're breaking us in gently. Biology, on the other hand, did not break us in. At all. Though thankfully what we're studying isn't too bad, and it is actually really interesting.
Original post by Bude8
Fish, I know you're here somewhere. HL Maths has already ruined me.

Even the year 13 Further Maths people couldn't really help me with my homework.

Here's a question from it:

z^2=9i

Express this in the form x+iy or something... good luck.

IM SO CONFUSED/TIRED/WTF

z^2=9i z=(9i)^0.5 e^0.5(ln9i)=z
if e^ix=i then cosx=0 and sinx=1 so x=pi/2 ln9i=ln9+lni=ln9+pi/2
e^0.5(ln9+pi/2)=z=e^0.5ln9e^pi/4=(9^0.5)e^pi/4=3(sqrt(0.5)+isqrt(0.5)) because both cospi/4 and sinpi/4 equal sqrt(0.5) remember -3(sqrt(0.5)+isqrt(0.5)) is also a solution and sqrt(0.5) is normally wrote 1/sqrt(2)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4371
Just watched that educating Yorkshire....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4372
Original post by Katie97
We're doing about Plato first too. I'm loving it but maybe that has something to do with my teacher being amazing:cute:

Yeah my teacher is a bit boring just has slides and doesn't really explain them much, that's why I'm gonna do work outside lesson to help me along. The Philosophy is interesting, just shame my teacher doesn't seem to be lol
Original post by Dalek1099
z^2=9i z=(9i)^0.5 e^0.5(ln9i)=z
if e^ix=i then cosx=0 and sinx=1 so x=pi/2 ln9i=ln9+lni=ln9+pi/2
e^0.5(ln9+pi/2)=z=e^0.5ln9e^pi/4=(9^0.5)e^pi/4=3(sqrt(0.5)+isqrt(0.5)) because both cospi/4 and sinpi/4 equal sqrt(0.5) remember -3(sqrt(0.5)+isqrt(0.5)) is also a solution and sqrt(0.5) is normally wrote 1/sqrt(2)

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong
Original post by pathosL
yeah but i still want to do well in physics and m1 would help, s1 doesn't really help with anything im doing. i might just take m1 externally this year as well instead of next year, doing 4 modules this year if i can cope

Yeah, that's a good idea, but you might want to a) check with the exams office at your college first and b) give it a month to see how you're coping with the workload.
Reply 4375
Original post by Glitch96
You mentioned that program and it reminded me of a car video :tongue: watch it, i'd like to see what you think. Note that the male voice is Artyon Senna, voted as one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time and the last fatality in the sport (note the references from the female voice).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53c6o_cNPEo

Genuinely thoroughly enjoyed that! I have no interest in sport whatsoever, but there's just something that's so interesting about both what you showed me and the Brian Clough documentary...

If you've got a free 4 minutes, do you want to watch this?

That video just gets me stoked on... just life in general. :tongue:

Those guys aren't even that well known (although having said that, they are massive in their scene). They just saved up enough money in part time jobs so they could tour the world with their band. I want to be like those guys. :biggrin:
Reply 4376
Original post by iJess
Yeah my teacher is a bit boring just has slides and doesn't really explain them much, that's why I'm gonna do work outside lesson to help me along. The Philosophy is interesting, just shame my teacher doesn't seem to be lol

Sounds like the same with me and psychology. It sucks because a teacher makes or breaks a subject for me! Have you had an ethics lesson yet? Last years year 12 hated ethics so I'm not looking forward to it:erm: What other subjects do you take?
Monday can't come quick enough. 3 hours of History and 2 of Maths should be fun:smile:
Reply 4378
Original post by Georgiecat
With some subjects - like geography and maths - I can see what you're saying, but I suppose they're breaking us in gently. Biology, on the other hand, did not break us in. At all. Though thankfully what we're studying isn't too bad, and it is actually really interesting.

i found biology really easy tbh and maths was a little challenging
Reply 4379
Original post by Georgiecat
Yeah, that's a good idea, but you might want to a) check with the exams office at your college first and b) give it a month to see how you're coping with the workload.

yeah i have to finish c1 to do m1 anyway

Latest