Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)
    Hiya,

Yeah primary PGCE and it was sort of problem solving for the maths.

They gave us a sheet with info on and you had to fill out the questions using that info.

Just found out I got an offer so i'm over the moon.

Good luck with everything!
    Oh well done!! Hopefully I'll be the same next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alicep87)
    I don't suppose you know when/how we sort out all the financy & bursary bits do you?
    I don't I'm afraid as I'm doing the SD Salaried role. I believe the bursaries automatically get paid to your training provider when you start, it's not something that you have to 'apply' for as such. Sorry I couldn't be more help! I'm sure your training provider will be able to advise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Oh well done!! Hopefully I'll be the same next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much honestly, I really didn't think I had got it.

The best of luck to you! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice_R23)
    Sorry for late reply. I have an interview for Primary tomorrow. What about you? I have just been going through some of the practice numeracy and literacy online tests and refreshing myself on percentages/decimals/fractions. What other preparation have you done? x
    Hi Alice,

Did you find out if you got into St Mary's?

I was there yesterday and believe you were too? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryE5)
    I've applied to anglia Ruskin and Bedford. Had my interview for anglia Ruskin and got a conditional. My Bedford one is the day before bishop grotts. X
    Firstly congratulations on your offer I just heard I have an interview at Warwick next Wednesday and worrying about getting everything done for it As if you have interviews back to back! Hopefully preping for one willhelp with the other Good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky220692)
    After a long wait for references I finally have my first interview on 13th January at Birmingham City for secondary maths Has anyone heard from University of Birmingham or University of Nottingham as I have yet to have an acknowledgement (although my application was only processed on 20th December)? Also, just wondered how important it is to have passed the professional skills before interview? Is it ok to have just registered?
    I've had an interview and offer from the University of Nottingham but that was for secondary english, so I would imagine things would be different for your subject. good luck! it didn't matter that I hadn't passed the skills tests before my interview either, by the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crm)
    I've had an interview and offer from the University of Nottingham but that was for secondary english, so I would imagine things would be different for your subject. good luck! it didn't matter that I hadn't passed the skills tests before my interview either, by the way!
    Well done on getting a place! Thank you. Just wondering, how long did it take for you to hear that you had an interview and then how long until the offer?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Alice,

Did you find out if you got into St Mary's?

I was there yesterday and believe you were too? X
    Hiya, ye I got a place! Just seen that you did as well. Well done is St Mary's your first choice? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, ye I got a place! Just seen that you did as well. Well done is St Mary's your first choice? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I think i'm going to accept. The other 2 haven't even offered me an interview yet, and I found St Mary's and the lecturers so lovely! Is it yours? xx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think i'm going to accept. The other 2 haven't even offered me an interview yet, and I found St Mary's and the lecturers so lovely! Is it yours? xx
    Ye it's my first choice. I got an email from Kingston offering me an interview about half an hour before I heard from St Mary's but gonna accept St Marys as I really loved the uni. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hello , could anybody explain to me what the literacy task normally involves ? should i be studying bits for it it ? im really worried as im coming from ireland and fear i might get asked about something in the news in i know nothing about .( i am applying for a pgce in art and design in uwe )

ReputationRep:
    Ye it's my first choice. I got an email from Kingston offering me an interview about half an hour before I heard from St Mary's but gonna accept St Marys as I really loved the uni. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats! What was it about Kingston that you liked as im applying there but not visited yet :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamiic)
    I've now got interviews for all three choices - durham, Newcastle and sunderland!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've got Newcastle and Sunderland when are yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missR01)
    I've got Newcastle and Sunderland when are yours?
    I've got Newcastle on the 24th and Sunderland on the 29th what about you?
    I think the 5 min lesson type thing at Newcastle sounds tricky. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    This is a bit random but does anyone know an artist that I could use for a key stage one class revolving art work based on the seaside? Or do you think random pictures of sea side art will be ok ? (This is for just for a plan for my interview).. Just I'd prefer to look at a specific artist as it links into the curriculum but i don't know any lol! Any suggestions would be very helpful!!! If not I'll just go with random pic off google haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try looking at Terry Setch :-) Welsh artist who made pictures of the seaside by using paint and stuff that's been washed up on the beach x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snarfles)
    Try looking at Terry Setch :-) Welsh artist who made pictures of the seaside by using paint and stuff that's been washed up on the beach x
    Oh thank you. I just thought it would have been good for a PGCE task I needed to prepare but I had my interview today and left out the use of an artist and it was fine, but thanks a lot anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interview tomorrow with the University of Glasgow for PGDE Business, nerves beginning to set in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucibelleD)
    I've got Newcastle on the 24th and Sunderland on the 29th what about you?
    I think the 5 min lesson type thing at Newcastle sounds tricky. Good luck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFlTQbGYU6E

Might help for Newcastle if you haven't seen it, got shown it in a workshop I went to a few weeks ago.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh excellent! Well hopefully I will see you there in September.

I need to pass my Numeracy skills test, I did my Literacy last month!

Well done again hun xx

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let me know when you withdraw from your other 2 choices.

I'm scared lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.