The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4520
hello , could anybody explain to me what the literacy task normally involves ? should i be studying bits for it it ? im really worried as im coming from ireland and fear i might get asked about something in the news in i know nothing about .( i am applying for a pgce in art and design in uwe )
Original post by Alice_R23
Ye it's my first choice. I got an email from Kingston offering me an interview about half an hour before I heard from St Mary's but gonna accept St Marys as I really loved the uni. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! What was it about Kingston that you liked as im applying there but not visited yet :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4522
Original post by tamiic
I've now got interviews for all three choices - durham, Newcastle and sunderland!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got Newcastle and Sunderland :smile: when are yours?
Original post by missR01

I've got Newcastle on the 24th and Sunderland on the 29th what about you?
I think the 5 min lesson type thing at Newcastle sounds tricky. Good luck :smile:
Reply 4524
Original post by Fabay
This is a bit random but does anyone know an artist that I could use for a key stage one class revolving art work based on the seaside? Or do you think random pictures of sea side art will be ok ? (This is for just for a plan for my interview).. Just I'd prefer to look at a specific artist as it links into the curriculum but i don't know any lol! Any suggestions would be very helpful!!! If not I'll just go with random pic off google haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try looking at Terry Setch :-) Welsh artist who made pictures of the seaside by using paint and stuff that's been washed up on the beach x
Reply 4525
Original post by Snarfles
Try looking at Terry Setch :-) Welsh artist who made pictures of the seaside by using paint and stuff that's been washed up on the beach x

Oh thank you. I just thought it would have been good for a PGCE task I needed to prepare but I had my interview today and left out the use of an artist and it was fine, but thanks a lot anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4526
Interview tomorrow with the University of Glasgow for PGDE Business, nerves beginning to set in!
Original post by lucibelleD
I've got Newcastle on the 24th and Sunderland on the 29th what about you?
I think the 5 min lesson type thing at Newcastle sounds tricky. Good luck :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFlTQbGYU6E

Might help for Newcastle if you haven't seen it, got shown it in a workshop I went to a few weeks ago.
Ye it's my first choice. I got an email from Kingston offering me an interview about half an hour before I heard from St Mary's but gonna accept St Marys as I really loved the uni. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh excellent! Well hopefully I will see you there in September.

I need to pass my Numeracy skills test, I did my Literacy last month!

Well done again hun xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let me know when you withdraw from your other 2 choices.

I'm scared lol.
Got my final interview next Friday for a schools direct place through Manchester uni, I've got to do a 20 min teaching task with some students, a ten min presentation and a 30 min interview. So hard to get myself motivated when I already have an offer and there's only one available place for my subject which means I probably won't get it. Can't wait to get it all done so I can just accept a place and start looking forward to next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4531
Original post by missR01

Newcastle 23rd, sunderland 5th feb, you? the five min task for Newcastle seems daunting! I don't understand it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4532
Do you recall roughly how long it took them to get back to you after the interview?
Has anyone had an interview at Kingston yet? My email was so vague it's made me worry about it.
Has anyone got an interview at glos tomorrow? Primary PGCE? I'm nervous!!!
Reply 4535
Thank you, well done in yours too!
I know I was just glad they weren't on the same day. I have a friend who has got 3 days of interviews! X
Original post by KerryE5
Thank you, well done in yours too!
I know I was just glad they weren't on the same day. I have a friend who has got 3 days of interviews! X

In a way I'd prefer that! Because then I wouldn't have to do as much prep since you could prep for all three at once. Plus it gets them out of the way.
Just had an unsuccessful from Chester because they couldn't rearrange my interview...

That is fair enough but I must admit that despite understanding they must be very busy, I've not been impressed with my communicationa when I've been in contact... They overlooked the fact I specified a whole week I was unavailable and haven't responded since I enquired if an alternative date was possible on 23rd December!

Two interviews at my two top choices next week though, excited!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LaurieLee
Just had an unsuccessful from Chester because they couldn't rearrange my interview...

That is fair enough but I must admit that despite understanding they must be very busy, I've not been impressed with my communicationa when I've been in contact... They overlooked the fact I specified a whole week I was unavailable and haven't responded since I enquired if an alternative date was possible on 23rd December!

Two interviews at my two top choices next week though, excited!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is pretty bad communication and I wouldn't be impressed either. It must be annoying. I hope your other two interviews go well though! Good luck :smile:
Reply 4539
I had an interview yesterday and just got an offer! :woo:.

Latest

Trending

Trending