The Student Room Group

Official AQA A2 Law June 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by KP.
what are everyones predictions for this exam?

Well tort (if you do it) Nuisance/rule in rylands appears every year on one scenario or the other...

So Q1. Nuisance (private and public) + ruling in rylands.
Q2. I'm guessing it'll be medical negligence vicarious liability and negligent misstament. My reasoning for this is that vicarious liability always seems to appear with nusicance and along with VL comes medical negligence...
Q3. Morality, BCI and Justice.
Reply 441
Plus justice has been up every year but 1..
Reply 442
How come people are ruling out fault coming up?
I would definitely remember the definitions, the examiners also really like it when you quote certain sections of the Act e.g. The definition of theft is to dishonestly(S.2) appropriate(S.3) property(S.4) belonging to another(S.5) with the intention to permanently deprive(S.6)
Original post by JPFM
How come people are ruling out fault coming up?

Anecdotal evidence and statistics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long does it take you folks to plan and write your concepts

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the exam I'll probably just jot down the different headings I'll talk about in the essay, which will probably take max 5 minutes. I'll probably do this before I even start Q1/Q2 as there's so much to remember.
If I only learnt morailty, but it never came up. Yet I still wrote it as an answer, would I get any marks for it at all?
Original post by CT-3451
If I only learnt morailty, but it never came up. Yet I still wrote it as an answer, would I get any marks for it at all?

I dont think so, I thought about doing that too :tongue: we are very desperate
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
I dont think so, I thought about doing that too :tongue: we are very desperate

I didn't realize how long it actually is, I doubt ill be able to remember two of these lol
Original post by CT-3451
I didn't realize how long it actually is, I doubt ill be able to remember two of these lol

agreed, its just stupid how this question is just based on memory and doesnt actually assess anything. What are you going to do? Are you going to risk it and just learn morality?
agreed, its just stupid how this question is just based on memory and doesnt actually assess anything. What are you going to do? Are you going to risk it and just learn morality?

Agreed, I just learn it word for word, I dont write plans or anything for it. I think ill probably just do morality, however if I can get it boxed off early doors, ill try to maybe learn half of another
Original post by CT-3451
Agreed, I just learn it word for word, I dont write plans or anything for it. I think ill probably just do morality, however if I can get it boxed off early doors, ill try to maybe learn half of another

How long do you reckon it'd take to learn?
How long do you reckon it'd take to learn?

I just asked another person in my class and he said 'an age', so Im guessing 2-3 hours probably, the essay Im learning is 6 pages so probably about 3 hours id say.
Out of morality, justice and fault, I think I'm only going to learn morality and fault. But people are saying justice is more likely even though it's come up in the past two exams?
Reply 455
My concepts essays are taking between 45-50 minutes to write + planning time (5 mins)

I get extra time though so it leaves me with 45 minutes for the other 2 questions...
Original post by CT-3451

I've managed to learn one already after a few hours so doing at least two in a day is possible.

Perhaps work on a 5-7 min plan for each paragraph that you can memorise rather than to memorise the essay itself. Along with that, deliver your essay as a speech and deliver it with conviction, as if you really have a passion for what you've written - standing, pacing around, body language, looking at audience. Repeat a few times and naturally you won't need to look back at essay, save for a few trigger words - make note of these in plan.

Also don't forget to account for time in the exam where may not remember things (cumulative 5 mins)

I managed to do this for my morality paper this morning (which is 1000 words split into 7 paragraphs, 4.5 pages written, 45 mins written for reference).

Posted from TSR Mobile
In tort when referencing cases is it okay to shorten them for example instead of writing Mahon v Osborne to just say, in the case of Mahon? Because I have just started revising there's no way I'm remembering all of this by tomorrow!
Reply 458
Original post by Jon1234321
Out of morality, justice and fault, I think I'm only going to learn morality and fault. But people are saying justice is more likely even though it's come up in the past two exams?

It's cause justice has only not appeared once... I can remember an examiner coming into our SF and saying the reason it keeps repeating is because people keep doing so badly on it :/
Reply 459
Original post by Paigewhitaker98
In tort when referencing cases is it okay to shorten them for example instead of writing Mahon v Osborne to just say, in the case of Mahon? Because I have just started revising there's no way I'm remembering all of this by tomorrow!

Yeah (Mahon)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending