The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Interview on the 17th at 14:00!
So relieved!
Reply 461
Original post by Atham
So how do you confirm attendance? Do you do it through UCAS?

yes
Original post by EmBem03
Interview on the 17th at 14:00!
So relieved!

Did you hear just now? :smile:
Does anyone know if they definitely tell you if they've been rejected without interview? It would be quite cruel to just leave us dwelling on it.
Original post by clairebear6
Did you hear just now? :smile:

No, track was updated at 19:47 but I was at work so didn't get to check it!
Original post by Rambo_Jambo
Does anyone know if they definitely tell you if they've been rejected without interview? It would be quite cruel to just leave us dwelling on it.

My advisor at Edinburgh uni warned me last year that Glasgow don't let you know if you've been rejected until very late (she had students in the past who were waiting to hear from Glasgow), and sure enough last year I didn't find out I had been rejected before interview until like the end of February :frown: so damn cruel :frown: But I'm sure there's still time for you to get an interview!
Does that mean they're interviewing less people than normal if they've cut it down to three interview dates?
Reply 467
The initial acknowledgment email we received said interviews will be held from the 14th-18th, so there are probably still more interviews to go out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Barely
The initial acknowledgment email we received said interviews will be held from the 14th-18th, so there are probably still more interviews to go out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I thought, but it says on their website now that they're interviewing on the 14th,15th 17th so I think that if there's any more going out it'll just be for the 17th!
Original post by rachel_roar
me!!! have you heard from glasgow yet?

no not yet :frown: are you getting interviewed at glasgow or at kl?
Original post by Rambo_Jambo

They left it really late to reject me last year. It's because they still have interviews in February. At the open day I was told if you don't get a December interview you could still get one in February...I dont know if this is depending on how the December ones go. So I'm assuming it will be after then again but don't give up. I'm hoping there's still a few sneaky interview slots left haha. Hope you get one!
Reply 471
Original post by amazingusername
no not yet :frown: are you getting interviewed at glasgow or at kl?

I m international toooo!! studying in the uk.... but still waiting for interview invitation
Original post by Atham
So how do you confirm attendance? Do you do it through UCAS?

I don't think you need to, this is from the Glasgow website:

"Any applicant who cannot attend an interview should notify us immediately. There is no need to notify us if you will be attending your interview, unless specifically asked by the Admissions Administrator. "
Reply 473
Got my interview.

15th at 5:30!

Over the moon, but am supposed to be out of the country that week.

Will have to phone and check if it's okay to switch dates.

If not, ill just Have to cancel my trip, which would be a shame but still worth it.
Reply 474
Original post by tutuwai
I m international toooo!! studying in the uk.... but still waiting for interview invitation

I'm the same, international but with a Scottish degree - is there a chance they're sending more interviews out today? I don't know whether it's worth calling admissions to ask, or just wait
do they interview international students at a later date?
Original post by sorfinaghazali
do they interview international students at a later date?

No idea... anyone here getting interviewed at Kuala Lumpur?
Original post by Giuit92
I'm the same, international but with a Scottish degree - is there a chance they're sending more interviews out today? I don't know whether it's worth calling admissions to ask, or just wait

I would just wait. I know it's painful waiting but really what is phoning going to achieve? it will just annoy them if anything :frown:
Reply 478
Original post by hollyt93
I would just wait. I know it's painful waiting but really what is phoning going to achieve? it will just annoy them if anything :frown:

so any international got interview?
Original post by MrStealYourOffer
Congrats!! What are the dates for those who just got interviews?

Mines got for the 17th :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending