The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DazzleLight
Has anyone applied for student finance yet? I just tried to do it and when asked if I'm behind with repayments I clicked yes and it wouldn't let me go further... so if I haven't started repayments does that mean I'm not behind?

You are not behind in payments. You havent even started yet so how could you fall behind??
Original post by DazzleLight
Has anyone applied for student finance yet? I just tried to do it and when asked if I'm behind with repayments I clicked yes and it wouldn't let me go further... so if I haven't started repayments does that mean I'm not behind?

You are not behind on payments if you haven't started paying back yet. 'Behind on payments' refers typically to unsecured loans where you've failed to make at least the minimum payments before the due date. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by JackFalls
You are not behind on payments if you haven't started paying back yet. 'Behind on payments' refers typically to unsecured loans where you've failed to make at least the minimum payments before the due date. Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you, I wasn't sure if behind on payments meant still having part/all of your loan to pay back but I guess not :smile::smile:
Hi, was looking for some input with regards to the pros and cons of the GEM course vs the undergrad course, so if any of you have some spare time and fancy sharing some views I would really appreciate it :smile:.

I made a separate thread so as not to hijack this one:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3984159&p=63775421#post63775421

(hope that works)

I warn you, it is unnecessarily waffly, probably could have summarised it in one sentence, but if you do venture over- thank you!
Hi guys, those who managed to do some consultant shadowing, did you have any issues with the hospitals HR department? Particularly insurance issues? The one I want to shadow at are a nightmare!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jamesandrew93
Hi guys, those who managed to do some consultant shadowing, did you have any issues with the hospitals HR department? Particularly insurance issues? The one I want to shadow at are a nightmare!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would advise trying going to consultants directly and avoid the HR department. You'd be amazed how often that works, they're usually ok to have you around in a clinic or something.
Original post by MJK91
I would advise trying going to consultants directly and avoid the HR department. You'd be amazed how often that works, they're usually ok to have you around in a clinic or something.

Well that's what I did, I asked the consultants directly and they're willing to take me on. They asked if I ran it past HR and I said I was on to it but now I've found myself in this ditch. The consultants aren't really aware if any paperwork is involved though, it's a bit of a grey area for them. What would your advice be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamesandrew93

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been fine so far! I contacted the consultants who have offered me a weeks placement in their department shadowing everyone in the department and doing clinic and ward rounds. I am just waiting on paperwork but the lady in charge has been away for two weeks, so I am expecting to hear soon. The consultants have been nothing but helpful so far!
I didn't have any problems when I did mine at a children's hosp in the Neurology department. Contacted HR directly for it and all I had to do was sign an honorary contract, maybe it varies between trusts
I know it's a tad early but who is applying for 2017 entry? :biggrin:
Original post by Ninja_R

I'm applying, are you?
Original post by tough2
I'm applying, are you?

I am indeed :O
Most likely me.. I'm on the waiting list for Nottingham but I'm not holding out too much hope... Was only my first application cycle though and I'm still finishing my degree so I think I can handle a year of HCA work ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ninja_R

I will be applying! There is a 2017 thread somewhere for gem of those thinking to apply somewhere! I'll link you to it when I'm next on the laptop!
Original post by Rich_JW95
Most likely me.. I'm on the waiting list for Nottingham but I'm not holding out too much hope... Was only my first application cycle though and I'm still finishing my degree so I think I can handle a year of HCA work ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is the waiting list for?
Original post by Ninja_R
I am indeed :O

How are you preparing for it? All three sections are hard but I particularly find section 2 really hard!
Original post by tough2
What is the waiting list for?

A place on the 2016-entry course - basically if enough people choose to study elsewhere or don't meet the conditions of their offer then I stand a chance of getting a place, so not a rejection but not a promise of a place either

Posted from TSR Mobile
A place on the 2016-entry course - basically if enough people choose to study elsewhere or don't meet the conditions of their offer then I stand a chance of getting a place, so not a rejection but not a promise of a place either

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you already took gamsat and had interview at Notts, what score did you get for gamsat?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tough2
So you already took gamsat and had interview at Notts, what score did you get for gamsat?

I have indeed, the whole joyous process! But of course I am looking at doing it again because the waiting list is not a guarantee

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have indeed, the whole joyous process! But of course I am looking at doing it again because the waiting list is not a guarantee

Posted from TSR Mobile

So does the Notts let's you apply again after the interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending