The Student Room Group

Unintentional 'Gap Year' After Graduating Medical School

Hi everyone,

I had to resit one of my exam papers during my final year of medical school last August. Fortunately, I passed and graduated last December. I'm currently in the process of applying for the UK Foundation Programme (UKFP), which doesn't start until August of this year. Since returning home after studying abroad, I have been working part-time jobs to fill my time and to earn some income. I was wondering for anyone else who is in a similar situation, what did you do or are currently doing until the UKFP begins?
Original post by anneroojohnson
Hi everyone,

I had to resit one of my exam papers during my final year of medical school last August. Fortunately, I passed and graduated last December. I'm currently in the process of applying for the UK Foundation Programme (UKFP), which doesn't start until August of this year. Since returning home after studying abroad, I have been working part-time jobs to fill my time and to earn some income. I was wondering for anyone else who is in a similar situation, what did you do or are currently doing until the UKFP begins?

I haven’t been in this situation but If you have a mentor at med school discuss with them. They may have some links to help you get a research project or something productive during your gap year. Otherwise have a think about what you’re interested in and send some emails.
You often don’t get a chance to have a break like this once you start working so I hope you have a lovely time. Slightly jealous 🥹

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending