The Student Room Group

Advanced Medicine Summer Schools

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm currently on the lookout for an opportunity to immerse myself in the UK medical practice through a summer school program lasting 3 to 5 weeks. During my search, I stumbled upon a website called Lite Regal Education International College (https://www.literegal.co.uk/summer-school/courses-ages-18-22/advanced-medicine/), and their advanced medicine course caught my eye.

The program appears to be a great fit for me as I'm in my 4th year and not interested in introductory or basic courses. I'm eager to gain hands-on experience and further my understanding of medicine in the UK context.

However, I'm a bit puzzled and would appreciate your insights. Can somebody confirm if this website is legitimate? It seems to function as an agency that facilitates placements at the University of London or Cambridge. What's raising eyebrows is the payment process, which oddly resembles the typical checkout experience on Amazon.

I'm a tad confused and would be extremely grateful if any of you could help me navigate through this uncertainty.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
Original post by tellesrot
Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm currently on the lookout for an opportunity to immerse myself in the UK medical practice through a summer school program lasting 3 to 5 weeks. During my search, I stumbled upon a website called Lite Regal Education International College (https://www.literegal.co.uk/summer-school/courses-ages-18-22/advanced-medicine/), and their advanced medicine course caught my eye.

The program appears to be a great fit for me as I'm in my 4th year and not interested in introductory or basic courses. I'm eager to gain hands-on experience and further my understanding of medicine in the UK context.

However, I'm a bit puzzled and would appreciate your insights. Can somebody confirm if this website is legitimate? It seems to function as an agency that facilitates placements at the University of London or Cambridge. What's raising eyebrows is the payment process, which oddly resembles the typical checkout experience on Amazon.

I'm a tad confused and would be extremely grateful if any of you could help me navigate through this uncertainty.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

Hi, if I was you I would get in touch with the universities directly and let them confirm that they’re working together with this company. They might be able to offer you such a placement directly (accommodation might not be included but that’s easily sorted). These ‘summer school’ companies are all extremely expensive and the actual quality of their offer can’t be checked unless you are actually getting there after you’ve paid. Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending