Reply 5161
Original post by Youdontneedtokno
Is it possible to get an A in physics edexcel

module 1: secure b
module 2: high c
CA:A*
module 3: anticipating A *

please someone reply!

Depends on the UMS but I think an A is possible even if you only get an A in module 3. I'm no expert but that's what I would estimate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
Depends on the UMS but I think an A is possible even if you only get an A in module 3. I'm no expert but that's what I would estimate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? Thanks you made me feel better!
Reply 5163
Original post by Dalek1099
I am not too sure about this hypothesis because AQA seemed to mark the June 12 Unit 1 papers more slackly than the January 2012 Unit 1 papers.For example 1% of people got an A* in B1 in January but 10% got an A* in B1 in June, which seems fishy and the BBC did an article on it-http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-19599279.So I would expect the marking to be harsher because its the first sitting.

I find this stuff really annoying. Similar to last years English marking.
Original post by Dee737
Good Luck to everyone :smile: did anybody do OCR Geography A? or looking at starting AQA AS Geography in September?

I did OCR Geography A, but I'm totally not taking it for A level XD. I hated the coursework, and I felt the exams could've gone better :/ most people I see have done AQA geog at GCSE I think, how did you find the exams then ^^?
Reply 5165
It's the final countdown...
Reply 5166
Original post by Sulfur
It's the final countdown...

LOL. So glad I didn't waste all my +1's today. :laugh:
Reply 5167
2 days 12 hours 13 minutes for me.

I have no life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
2 days 12 hours 13 minutes for me.

I have no life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 days 11 hours 12 minutes for me :smile: lucky I get mine at 9am :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5169
Original post by gracey11
2 days 11 hours 12 minutes for me :smile: lucky I get mine at 9am :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky!

In a world where you can order pizza online and have it delivered quicker than an ambulance takes to arrive, I really don't see why we can't just get it all via a secure email or account or whatever. I appreciate this does happen with some boards but in 2013 this really should be universal by now...
Reply 5170
Original post by CD223
Lucky!

In a world where you can order pizza online and have it delivered quicker than an ambulance takes to arrive, I really don't see why we can't just get it all via a secure email or account or whatever. I appreciate this does happen with some boards but in 2013 this really should be universal by now...

i think it's just tradition
Pffft, half of the fun is opening the envelope in suspense. :tongue:
Reply 5172
Original post by pathosL
i think it's just tradition

Is it true that the individual subject teachers know your grade for that subject before you open your envelope? Ill be paying close attention to my teachers when I arrive if so...
Reply 5173
Original post by CD223
Is it true that the individual subject teachers know your grade for that subject before you open your envelope? Ill be paying close attention to my teachers when I arrive if so...

yup, your teachers known your ums and your results the day before :tongue: but obv they're not gonna remember everyones so that wouldn't be the best idea, and will all of our teachers even be there?
Hi fellow GCSE students! We don't have long to wait! Anyway, I've noticed but a continuing pattern when browsing the GCSE forums that amuses me; on the GCSE prediction threads, the majority of people say their predictions are '10 A*'s' etc... it just baffles me how everyone can have the same predictions! Personally, my predictions are 2 A* 6 A's 4 B's. Who else agrees everyone else seems to have A* predictions...? It's tiresome, yet amusing!
Reply 5175
Original post by Benathletics
Hi fellow GCSE students! We don't have long to wait! Anyway, I've noticed but a continuing pattern when browsing the GCSE forums that amuses me; on the GCSE prediction threads, the majority of people say their predictions are '10 A*'s' etc... it just baffles me how everyone can have the same predictions! Personally, my predictions are 2 A* 6 A's 4 B's. Who else agrees everyone else seems to have A* predictions...? It's tiresome, yet amusing!

Yeah all our predicted grades were made in Year 7! Everyone has mostly A's and A*'s and nobody is going to meet even half of them! :lol:
Original post by Red Fox
Ahhh AQA Geography, it's a decent course. I did it in Year 9 and 10. Got an A in population, tourism and urban environments then an A* in ecosystems, tectonic activity and rivers with an A in my rivers coursework. Got an A overall in it:smile:

Yes, I found it quite interesting. :smile: our coursework was on a town and it's decline. We went to Bangor and did a survey and studied the land use which I quite enjoyed! We did the same topics then? I quite enjoyed tourism surprisingly, and tectonics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Benathletics

I saw that pattern too:biggrin:

And I was hurt to get negged for most likely listing my predictions as including a few B's(I'll let you know I do not intend to get more than 1/2 B's:tongue:)
Original post by zed963
The maps one didn't go so well.

The one about population change and tourism was good.

I'm sure you will be absolutely fine :smile: we didn't have anything about maps. We just did 2 written exams and quite an intense controlled assessment! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molly648
Yes, I found it quite interesting. :smile: our coursework was on a town and it's decline. We went to Bangor and did a survey and studied the land use which I quite enjoyed! We did the same topics then? I quite enjoyed tourism surprisingly, and tectonics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found the human paper far more interesting. For my coursework we went to a river and took measurements on velocity of the water, depth and width of a river 20 times (every 20m). This day included tons of walking and getting wet, I was not amused:biggrin:

Latest