Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yes and Justice, loyalty, disguise, madness and relationships

ReputationRep:
    I have a quick question. If I were to make a direct link between a play and the one I am studying (let us say, King Lear and Othello, for example) it would count as AO4- social context, yes? But if I were to make direct comparisons; e.g, Edmond and Iago and draw parallels within the two, would this be AO3 or AO4?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing King Lear and then Blake and Volpone for the comparison... haven't had a comparison lesson since the beginning of March so having to self-teach pretty much ... anyone else?

For King Lear, I'm praying that either roles of women/patriarchy, edmund, or morality come up! Knowing my luck it'll be boring Edgar.

ReputationRep:
    Really struggling with english revision, any tips on how to memorise quotes? Or do i just have to go over them everyday until the exam -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveesha)
    I'm studying King Lear and Blake/Tis Pity for comparison
    I'm doing Blake/Tis Pity too!

How are you revising? I'm finding Blake much harder than Tis Pity... So much to learn!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoelingua)
    I'm doing Blake/Tis Pity too!

How are you revising? I'm finding Blake much harder than Tis Pity... So much to learn!
    Ah my teacher told me not that many schools/colleges so those two together as they're so different! Not sure why she picked it for my school then

Well I've been revising King Lear this week so haven't done much of Tis Pity & Blake but I am going to try revising like this next week:

Character analysis (for Tis Pity) mindmaps with relevant quotes
    Blake poem mindmaps with annotations linking back to themes
    Prominent theme mindmaps
    Critics and context notes

I'm kinda clueless on how to revise tbh so I'm just going to try this and see how it works. I'm finding Blake hard too but Tis Pity is much longer!

How bout you? How are you thinking of revising?

ReputationRep:
    ATTENTION: everyone new thread for 2014 has been made carry on your discussions here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2645289

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any critical material for Blake or Webster? Or anything to do with them at all, general comparisons would be great D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo1996)
    Anyone got any critical material for Blake or Webster? Or anything to do with them at all, general comparisons would be great D:
    I made a post with some Blake ones, though there's a few Tis Pity critics too as that's what I'm studying - ignore those!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2645289&page=3

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know whether or not king lear was set in a gerontocratic society ( where men always rule)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, but call it a 'patriarchal' society. Hence why there's no Mrs Lear or Mrs Gloucester

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    im doing paradise lost book 9 by john milton and the white devil by john webster- i was wondering if anyone has any pre-made resources which i could use to get key quotes? I feel ok for the paradise lost bit but the white devil quotes seem to escape me?

ReputationRep:
    that would be A03 as it was an artistic choice the director made

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HighwayUnicorn)
    Does anyone want a The Rivals study pack I bought a few weeks ago? I could email it around to you guys later on tonight. It's been so helpful to me in looking at the major themes and studying the context and characters. If you're doing TR/WOB, it has a lot of points for you to compare with.
    yes please! [email protected] Thanks so much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.