The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Oh and welcome to all the newbies! Forgot to say that :colondollar:
Original post by PandaWho
Write him a letter/note?

I wrote my mum a note and put it in Her work bag along with a booklet on depression from mind. I woke up the next day to find shed written a note back and it was all good (she works nights) since then shes been brilliant and is one of the people who told me to push the dr about my paranoia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might try that, thanks :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Oh and welcome to all the newbies! Forgot to say that :colondollar:

:wavey:
Original post by Gingerbread101
:wavey:

I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd. Pleased to meet you :biggrin:
I miss her.. I don't care that she'd just hurt me again. It might be worth it for how happy I was inbetween

Posted from TSR Mobile
i wish i could go to my doctor about this, i need to but i cant.
Sleep is a good idea too if you can get to sleep :yes: Do what you can and try to make your surroundings so you can relax (so hide anything that stresses you out or whatever from view)

not panicky, just sad :emo: the only thing stressing me out is my head because it scares me sometimes

Go McDreamy :dance: :nutcase: :yeah:

Sorry you're not feeling great now though :sad:

thankoo :colondollar:

am gonna go to my doc in a week or so, gonna ask to increase sertraline again. scared about telling her too much and her overreacting or something though
I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd. Pleased to meet you :biggrin:

Haha, I'm Astrud :smile:
Everyone here is so nice, helpful and welcoming, you've all helped me already :redface:
You should take this time to relax, things will probably start to get busy once you start :smile:

Okay :smile: im relaxing with a nice candle lit and listening to my favourite singer :yep:
I can now rest the social work practical is now completed. Child psychology got got completed the other day on Wednesday and It got completed Sunday and Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Okay :smile: im relaxing with a nice candle lit and listening to my favourite singer :yep:

I love scented candles and music :yes: I'm glad you're relaxing :smile:
Not been avle to settle all night, now its stopping me from getting to sleep :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not been avle to settle all night, now its stopping me from getting to sleep :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

One way I sometimes find helps me get to sleep is to close my eyes and slowly count backwards from 300 in my head :smile:
I hope you get to sleep :yep:
Big achievements this week I have done so well for myself x

Posted from TSR Mobile
One way I sometimes find helps me get to sleep is to close my eyes and slowly count backwards from 300 in my head :smile:
I hope you get to sleep :yep:

Cant even get settled :frown: cant get comfy or anything! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's a mosquito somewhere in my room. I could hear it earlier. I can't hear it now. It's so stressful. Why won't they just leave me alone?! :cry:
Cant even get settled :frown: cant get comfy or anything! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

this is going to make me sound like such a nerd, but insted of counting sheep, find the nth term in your head. try to get too 1000 (like forexample, 2n-2) without falling asleep)
anxiety is getting totally out of hand. up until about a year ago I only suffered during flashbacks, now its basically every day. horrible. hands shake, hyperventilate, feel sick, chest pain, palpitations. the last time it was this bad was in February when I had a complete and utter massive breakdown
Original post by purple-duck
asked for Smiths' songs

To add to the Smiths love, I recommend "a rush and a push and the land is ours", "frankly, Mr. Shankly" and "half a person". Don't think anyone's mentioned those three yet.

Been listening to them all day after being reminded by others how good they are :tongue:
Reply 5619
Original post by Team_McDreamy
omg guys, i had to adult today. i had to mingle with distinguished researchers and talk to them about my dissertation and whether they'd be able to supervise the topics that i'm interested in AKA crazy social anxiety and attachment worries. i really really wanna work with my personal tutor because she does the kind of research I'm fascinated with, but i also worry because i know i'm far too attached to her and i'm scared she can see it and won't let me do the project i wanna do. have basically decided i want a psychiatry focussed dissertation though :biggrin: i'm thinking either medication focussed or therapy focussed. am genuinely shaking from having to talk to so many important people though.

That's great :woo:! And I'm happy you've decided on dissertation stuff - I hope whoever supervises you is great and that you can do the project you want to do!

Which one guys??
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1411762917.369194.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like A :smile:.

Latest