Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhoDaresWins)
    Hmmm looks like a few people messed up today.

I feel as if the scores are dropping.
    I wouldn't say messed up as that's quite negative and it might make people feel bad when they are otherwise happy with their score! (not saying that's your intention at all though just might want to think about wording), based on what UKCAT said scores drop later on so I guess now we'll just have to hope for low averages next month 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    If you are a partners applicant then Newcastle could still remain an option 😋 you'll just have to ring them and see! I really need to ring uni's up tomorrow and get my life together 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dont think i'd be part of that newcastle partners thing for i'm from ireland😊, but yeah same here, but its so much effortt😂😂

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say messed up as that's quite negative and it might make people feel bad when they are otherwise happy with their score! (not saying that's your intention at all though just might want to think about wording), based on what UKCAT said scores drop later on so I guess now we'll just have to hope for low averages next month 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh no I didn't intend to make people feel bad, just from what a few friends got who sat it today, I just feel as if its lowering!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise427)
    Dont think i'd be part of that newcastle partners thing for i'm from ireland😊, but yeah same here, but its so much effortt😂😂
    I need to write a list to bombard them with the right questions but I'm so busy at the minute with college and my PS and work that I'm just like hmmm maybe it can wait even though I know it can't 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh no I didn't intend to make people feel bad, just from what a few friends got who sat it today, I just feel as if its lowering!
    Yeah that's fair enough😋 I feel the same though! The averages need to drop just in my favour tbh as I feel I'm quite borderline for where I want!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I need to write a list to bombard them with the right questions but I'm so busy at the minute with college and my PS and work that I'm just like hmmm maybe it can wait even though I know it can't 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ugh same here😂 my school are looking my UCAS info with everything completed tomorrow so they can put a reference on, so i have lots of stuff to do tonight😂😂

ReputationRep:
    I got band 1 though. But I am honestly done with the UKCAT. I did things differently, yet still didn't get the score I wass hoping for. Going to try GAMSAT for March.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise427)
    Ugh same here😂 my school are looking my UCAS info with everything completed tomorrow so they can put a reference on, so i have lots of stuff to do tonight😂😂
    Oh dear 😂 good luck with getting everything finished 😋 I have 2 weeks yet but it's not helping me much 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's fair enough😋 I feel the same though! The averages need to drop just in my favour tbh as I feel I'm quite borderline for where I want!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I got 653.33, there were 3 years where I could have got in and 3 years I couldn't, I hope this year I can Lol

I get a WP flag (and I know you did too) but kinda sucks how it doesn't lower the cut off for us :/

Although my parents didn't go to uni.

ReputationRep:
    does the ukcat get marked differently later on in the examining period? what do you mean they lower later on, mines next week now I'm worried

ReputationRep:
    Hey for Manchester how do they look at your application if you have a WP flag (not WP plus)? Because I got 667 and I have one WP flag so I don't get how they take that into consideration if they don't lower the ukcat cut off? Lol sorry if this doesn't make sense !xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    does the ukcat get marked differently later on in the examining period? what do you mean they lower later on, mines next week now I'm worried
    Oh no I don't mean they HAVE to lower. Basically UKCAT on their website say those who sit it earlier TEND to do better but it doesn't mean for definite. Don't worry I'm sure you will do amazing it won't change your performance at all as everyone is marked the same!❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alevelz)
    Hey for Manchester how do they look at your application if you have a WP flag (not WP plus)? Because I got 667 and I have one WP flag so I don't get how they take that into consideration if they don't lower the ukcat cut off? Lol sorry if this doesn't make sense !xx
    Apparently they give it extra consideration so let's say you have few hobbies they would see you are flagged and that would help change their opinion of you. That's what I've read from the Manchester website anyway! I have 667 too! Shame they don't lower the cut off though I wish they did as I need it 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I got 653.33, there were 3 years where I could have got in and 3 years I couldn't, I hope this year I can Lol

I get a WP flag (and I know you did too) but kinda sucks how it doesn't lower the cut off for us :/

Although my parents didn't go to uni.
    Haha! see I make it for all years apart from 2013 (the dodgy year due to DA inflation) so although Manchester is a slight risk for me I don't think I'm being too crazy by applying just like neither are you! It's annoying because my high school massively underperforms but isn't on the list unfortunately probably as it takes a 3 year average I think 😭 so basically I'm so close to a WP+ flag 😭😭😭 whyyy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apparently they give it extra consideration so let's say you have few hobbies they would see you are flagged and that would help change their opinion of you. That's what I've read from the Manchester website anyway! I have 667 too! Shame they don't lower the cut off though I wish they did as I need it 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah if you have a WP flag they highlight you and then I'm pretty sure that they reconsider you later on iirc.

Also the interviewers will understand we come from a different background.

ReputationRep:
    Nah if you have a WP flag they highlight you and then I'm pretty sure that they reconsider you later on iirc.

Also the interviewers will understand we come from a different background.
    When you say reconsider later on what do you mean 😬 yeah that's what I was getting at when I was speaking about hobbies!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha! see I make it for all years apart from 2013 (the dodgy year due to DA inflation) so although Manchester is a slight risk for me I don't think I'm being too crazy by applying just like neither are you! It's annoying because my high school massively underperforms but isn't on the list unfortunately probably as it takes a 3 year average I think 😭 so basically I'm so close to a WP+ flag 😭😭😭 whyyy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kinda sucks for me, I went to a grammar school but I got in because I did extremely well in the entrance exams and got a bursary so my education was free.

Ugh I really wanted to do that Access to Medicine manchester programme or whatever it was but I couldn't because of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaby_xo)
    Can I ask if you did any mocks and what you were getting in them if you remember? I'm also applying to GEM and have sat the test before. I think I'm also going take the GAMSAT if the test does not go well but its not calming my nerves at all.
    I got 770 for VR, 650 for AR and 600 QR for Medify mocks. I wasn't giving it my all for QR during the mocks lol.

Anyway yeah. I am so over it and done with it. This is the second time and I only did slightly better. Maybe I'm more suited for the GAMSAT... so going to sit that in March.

ReputationRep:
    When you say reconsider later on what do you mean 😬 yeah that's what I was getting at when I was speaking about hobbies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At the end of the day you will most likely get an interview, I'm going to the open day on the 8th, I'll be applying before then but I'll know on that day to expect a rejection.

ReputationRep:
    did my ukcat today and was gutted got an average of 580.
    AR - 650
    QR - 620
    VR - 470

I didnt manage my time well and tbh VR was very hard because they were really complex and very long so done really bad in that.

I am applying to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee. I know there is very little chances but hopefully my academic grades pulls it up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.