The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Here's what I done - Scenario 1:
Question 3 - burglary, theft and robbery. Discussed defence of duress but didn't apply due to it being self endused duress.

Question 4 - For the bricks. criminal damage - I however said he would not be guilty I said didn't fulfill mens rea and potential defence of prevention of crime. For the over 60 price I discusses Fraud by False Representing and Obtaining Services Dishonesty and said it would more than likely be fraud.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meganebaker
Yeah I hardly knew any cases for any topics to be honest! Well not the names anyway, just didn't have enough time to go over them. Yeah me too, you don't realise just how long is it until you have to write it down and apply it! I did fault, which I was really happy about. Otherwise I would have done morality too :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher went over cases a lot so they were pretty chiseled into my brain, haha. I know! Took me nearly two pages! I don't like fault very much. I just couldn't get my head around how the essay should be written.
Original post by KnitwearJunkie
I feel more comfortable with the cases and examples for those. Ah, that's alright then :smile: It was alright. I didn't particularly like that I had to write negligent out twice though! It's so long! What did you do for concepts? I'm so happy morality came up!
what conclusion did u come up to for this scenario on psychiatric harm??
Original post by hyenas.ma
Why did you do robbery i did criminal damage

Ow right i used the force to prove Burglary 91B, to show that he went on to commit GBH

Isnt robber Aggravated theft? But there was no theft in second part .... also for Burglary did you do 91a and mention the criminal damage of the plug socket thing and 91b for the GBH? .... I also did criminal damage and aggravated aswell
To put it in simple terms 91A is when you enter a building or part of a building as a trespasser intending to steal, commit GBH or commit criminal damage.

91B is when you enter a building or part of a building as a trespasser and then go on to steal or commit GBH

That's right - the original post suggested that the attempt to steal automatically converted the offence from 9 (1) (a) to 9 (1) (b)
Original post by EternalFrission
what conclusion did u come up to for this scenario on psychiatric harm??

I said that Pam would be successful in her claim and that Jane wouldn't as she didn't fulfill the criteria needed for a secondary victim and mentioned some case examples to back it. How about you? :smile:
Reply 586
Ow right i used the force to prove Burglary 91B, to show that he went on to commit GBH

Ye thats the one i also went for, although it could have been 91a too
Original post by Jessicalouisee_
Isnt robber Aggravated theft? But there was no theft in second part .... also for Burglary did you do 91a and mention the criminal damage of the plug socket thing and 91b for the GBH? .... I also did criminal damage and aggravated aswell

I didn't do 91A because he didn't intend to commit CD at the point of entry. I only did 91B and said that he went on to Commit GBH. For the Criminal Damage i Just did Criminal Damage
I said that Pam would be successful in her claim and that Jane wouldn't as she didn't fulfill the criteria needed for a secondary victim and mentioned some case examples to back it. How about you? :smile:
yep I wrote same :smile:and what did u write for ben??its good to see that someone answered this question all did theft lol i wrote like 2 pages for both scenarios and 5 pages for the morality ques wbu??
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by xxm
Ye thats the one i also went for, although it could have been 91a too

i was thinking of doing 91A but didn't find any evidence to suggest that he intended to steal, commit GBH or criminal damage, so i just stuck with doing 91B
I didn't do 91A because he didn't intend to commit CD at the point of entry. I only did 91B and said that he went on to Commit GBH. For the Criminal Damage i Just did Criminal Damage

Ah ok I was so rushed for time though and really struggled to finish
Reply 591
i was thinking of doing 91A but didn't find any evidence to suggest that he intended to steal, commit GBH or criminal damage, so i just stuck with doing 91B

I too was unsure but I did both to cover my tracks.
Original post by Jessicalouisee_
Ah ok I was so rushed for time though and really struggled to finish

ye time was an issue for me aswell i had little time left for the second question so i did it really superficially
yep I wrote same :smile:and what did u write for ben??its good to see that someone answered this question all did theft lol

Oh good! I said Ben had breached his duty for Alan and Pam under negligence and liable for Alan in Occupiers Liability 1984 as he was a young child and mentioned allurements. Haha, yeah I noticed that. Seems like tort isn't too popular.
Original post by xxm
I too was unsure but I did both to cover my tracks.

Good Good
Reply 595
Ahh so scenario 2 was likely to be a S2 fraud by false representation :P

Louis Theroux conman pleads guilty to Somerset fraud
Oh good! I said Ben had breached his duty for Alan and Pam under negligence and liable for Alan in Occupiers Liability 1984 as he was a young child and mentioned allurements. Haha, yeah I noticed that. Seems like tort isn't too popular.

yeh....guess that is good....but Ben did insert warnings and he did have a fence? so would he still b liable??
yeh....guess that is good....but Ben did insert warnings and he did have a fence? so would he still b liable??

I said he would because children are owed a higher standard of care than adults and also because it said he was very young and young children won't read the signs and would've been allured by the derelict garage which, to them, was fun. It was tricky but I think as long as you've backed up why you came to the conclusion you did, you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by Guiness123
9 (1) (A) is where you enter as a trespasser, with the intention of committing the ulterior offence - whether you succeed or not. 9 (1) (B) is where, having entered as a trespasser (maybe by going into a prohibited area) you attempt to steal or actually steal. The question is, where was the intention to steal formed?

Yea isn't that basically what I said anyway, no point debating it now the exam was 7 hours aga haha. Well I said there was, and I think I also mentioned GBH (I know a push isn't) but if it's in there then it's worth talking about. I hope I've done well enough for my D anyway :/
I said he would because children are owed a higher standard of care than adults and also because it said he was very young and young children won't read the signs and would've been allured by the derelict garage which, to them, was fun. It was tricky but I think as long as you've backed up why you came to the conclusion you did, you'll be fine :smile:
yepp hopefully. I didn't do this ques well cause I was really tired after doing the first one and then the morality. did this one last. so I did do it that well. what subjects u chose for alevel??
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending