The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katie780
What's your issue with Coventry?:colondollar:

Don't worry too much about the league tables. It's a Russell Group university and any good degree (2:1 or higher) will look good from a RG uni I'm sure. What's most important in your choice of uni is somewhere you like and want to spend three years!
I've applied for Warwick and was sent an AAB offer :smile:

Hey same I got an offer for AAB, u gonna firm it? I'm confused if I should or not, everyone so telling me it's amazing I got in and I'd be stupid not to, coz it's a RG uni but idek, I think I'll be surer after I visit the uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarahelizabeth18
Hmm my family told me it used to be rough anyway, but maybe it's changed since then?

Yeah hopefully not - it's so tempting to just keep refreshing Track till I hear from one of the universities, but I'm trying to be patient :tongue:

I applied to Nottingham too, it seemed really nice there! Good luck with everything :biggrin:

Yeah maybe!

It's so difficult to be patient, I just wish York would hurry :frown:

Thank you - I really like Nottingham too. Good luck with you as well!
Original post by Jstanothagirl16
Hey same I got an offer for AAB, u gonna firm it? I'm confused if I should or not, everyone so telling me it's amazing I got in and I'd be stupid not to, coz it's a RG uni but idek, I think I'll be surer after I visit the uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure whether to firm Nottingham or Warwick yet :smile:
Original post by katie780
I'm not sure whether to firm Nottingham or Warwick yet :smile:

Same me neither, waiting on Kent but tbh Warwick would be the better choice even tho Kent is closer to home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 604
1) What universities are you thinking of applying to?
I've applied to Edinburgh, Nottingham, Leicester, Hull, Loughborough
2) What subjects do you do and what have you achieved in your AS year?
I'm studying Biology and Psychology this year. I've already completed A2 History (C) and Theatre Studies (A).
My AS subjects were Biology, Psychology, History, Theatre Studies (and General Studies). I'm predicted AB this year.
3) GCSE grades?
1 A*, 6As, 3Bs, 1C.

I already have offers from Leicester (AB), Loughborough (AB) and Hull (180pts - BC or equivalent)
Reply 605
Bristol, UCL, Birmingham, Reading, Royal Holloway
Offers from Bristol, Birmingham, Reading, Royal Holloway

2)What subjects do you do and what have you achieved in your AS year?
AS: Psychology - A
Philosophy - B
Maths - C
Physics - E
English Lit - B

A2: obtained English - B
Psychology - predicted A*
Philosophy - predicted A
Maths - predicted B
EPQ

3) GCSE grades?
1A*, 10As
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Nmys
Bristol, UCL, Birmingham, Reading, Royal Holloway
Offers from Bristol, Birmingham, Reading, Royal Holloway

2)What subjects do you do and what have you achieved in your AS year?
AS: Psychology - A
Philosophy - B
Maths - C
Physics - E
English Lit - B

A2: obtained English - B
Psychology - predicted A*
Philosophy - predicted A
Maths - predicted B
EPQ

3) GCSE grades?
1A*, 10As

Congrats on your Reading offer! I really wanted to apply there but my predicted grades didnt let me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applied to: Birmingham, Surrey, Royal Holloway, Loughborough & Portsmouth (received offer's from all :smile:)

Firmly accepted Royal Holloway (unconditional offer)

Psychology= A
English Language=A
History=B
Biology= U (dropped for A2)

Predicted(for A2): A*AA

3) GCSE grades?

1A*,3A, 4B, 2C
Original post by Nmys
x

Let me know if you have questions about psychology at Bristol, I'm a third year there :smile:
Reply 609
Original post by punctuation
Let me know if you have questions about psychology at Bristol, I'm a third year there :smile:

Aw that's awesome, I am hoping to go to Bristol. :smile:
I have an unrelated question to the uni; does Bristol flood?
Also how interesting do you find the psychology course? Are the facilities good?
And what is it like living in Bristol? I found it to be quiet and relaxing, a change from the city, which really appeals to me, but not too quiet.
And is it expensive? Have you ever struggled to pay rent?

Sorry for the huge amount of questions but it would really help me :biggrin:
Reply 610
Original post by Lilyghz
Congrats on your Reading offer! I really wanted to apply there but my predicted grades didnt let me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that's too bad, but maybe you'll get lucky and can apply through adjustment :biggrin:
I've applied to Portsmouth. Cambridge, Bath, Hollaway and Cardiff.
I am a mature student and have done Access to HE.
Criminology - Dis
Psychology - Pred Dis
Biology - Pred Dis
Critical Thinking - Dis
Academic Writing - Pred Dis
Research Project - Pred Dis
3) GCSE grades?
I did mine nearly 10 years ago :eek:
1 B, 5 C, 1 E

Rejections from Holloway and Cardiff, interview to Cambridge, Conditional from Portsmouth and waiting from Bath.
Original post by Nmys
Aw that's awesome, I am hoping to go to Bristol. :smile:
I have an unrelated question to the uni; does Bristol flood?
Also how interesting do you find the psychology course? Are the facilities good?
And what is it like living in Bristol? I found it to be quiet and relaxing, a change from the city, which really appeals to me, but not too quiet.
And is it expensive? Have you ever struggled to pay rent?

Sorry for the huge amount of questions but it would really help me :biggrin:

Does Bristol flood? Well, it's very hilly so not really... depends on your definition of flood, but it seems here is a lot better than nearby places in the West Country.

The psychology course is interesting and the facilities are decent. We don't have our own building and we don't have our own library. But there is a good computer centre that's psychology's, and the study spaces are all right.

Bristol as a city is fantastic. I think every non-Bristolian student I've talked to loves it here. One of the best cities to be a student imo, it's not as expensive as London but there's a LOT to do, you won't get bored.

It's not hugely expensive but it's not cheap. Rent is high. I personally haven't struggled but I don't know about others, it's kind of a personal thing...
Reply 613
i applied for Queen mary's, King's college, Birmingham, Nottingham and Bangor!
i've got offers of AAB from Birmingham and Nottingham, ABB from Queen mary's and unconditional from Bangor! Still waiting to hear back from King's!
got 3 A*'s, 7A's and 2B's at GCSE but did nowhere near what i wanted at AS (psychology - B Music - B, Biology - C and dropped Chemistry), but my predicted is still AAB, pretty sure my personal statement is what saved me
Reply 614
Thank you so much for your answers, now I really feel like Bristol is the place for me :smile:
Got my comditional offer for my firm Uni of Birmingham!! Thats 3/4. Unconditional for Leeds Met and an offer for Northumbria. Just Uni of Sheffeild now!
Reply 616
Original post by Lsmoran1
Got my comditional offer for my firm Uni of Birmingham!! Thats 3/4. Unconditional for Leeds Met and an offer for Northumbria. Just Uni of Sheffeild now!

congratulations!!
Original post by izzi23
congratulations!!

Thank you!!! You applied or heard anything?
Reply 618
Original post by Lsmoran1
Thank you!!! You applied or heard anything?

Yeah I have offers from Leicester (AB), Loughborough (AB) and Hull (BC). Haven't heard back from Nottingham or Edinburgh.
What's your first choice?
Original post by izzi23
Yeah I have offers from Leicester (AB), Loughborough (AB) and Hull (BC). Haven't heard back from Nottingham or Edinburgh.
What's your first choice?

Oooo fab, and defs Birmingham I loved it. Northumbria was in case I changed my mind and wanted to stay home

Quick Reply

Latest