The Student Room Group

Uni of Liverpool vs Uni of Leeds

Ive applied to do Psychology at both these universities, Ive been on an open day to Leeds but not Liverpool, but for some reason I really fancy going Liverpool even though i havent been round there yet. To help me make my mind up, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what either Unis were like and more detail about how they found the course, thank you!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Ive applied to do Psychology at both these universities, Ive been on an open day to Leeds but not Liverpool, but for some reason I really fancy going Liverpool even though i havent been round there yet. To help me make my mind up, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what either Unis were like and more detail about how they found the course, thank you!

hi, I don't do psychology but I go to uni in Liverpool and im from leeds.
Leeds is seen as the 'better uni' as it is ranked higher however everyone i know who studies psychology in Liverpool really enjoys it!
night life in Liverpool is amazing and is so different to leeds! I might be bias as im from leeds, but I genuinely do prefer nightlife in Liverpool, every day of the week it is so much more busy and multiple places you can go to.
I didn't visit the campus before I came to uni her either, but I really like it and everything is so close together so ur never far from where u need to be.
Student housing in Liverpool is a lot better than in leeds, its located in a nicer area and a lot closer to the uni than student housing in leeds.

hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
hi, I don't do psychology but I go to uni in Liverpool and im from leeds.
Leeds is seen as the 'better uni' as it is ranked higher however everyone i know who studies psychology in Liverpool really enjoys it!
night life in Liverpool is amazing and is so different to leeds! I might be bias as im from leeds, but I genuinely do prefer nightlife in Liverpool, every day of the week it is so much more busy and multiple places you can go to.
I didn't visit the campus before I came to uni her either, but I really like it and everything is so close together so ur never far from where u need to be.
Student housing in Liverpool is a lot better than in leeds, its located in a nicer area and a lot closer to the uni than student housing in leeds.
hope this helps :smile:

hi! this is so helpful, did you do much research before you applied and if so what did you do
I studied at Liverpool Uni and now live in Leeds. Go to Leeds Uni, its got a better reputation and Leeds City is great for students.
Original post by Anonymous

Which course do you prefer? Compare the modules and optional modules for all years of the course and think about which you would pick if you studied there. Do try and visit Liverpool so that you can make an informed decision, and ignore other posters telling you which uni to pick as they are not you.

Quick Reply

Latest