The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
I just received a message from FS, at first i thought it was my results as the subject heading was Sami: Results. Turns out it was a reply to an email i sent asking when the first results would be sent out.

This is the reply:

Dear Sami

Thanks for your message.

You may hear the result of your FSAC by the end of this week. Alternatively, it won't be until the majority of the FSACs have been completed in March. Please keep an eye on your scheme progress page for an update.

Regards

Fast Stream Team

So it seems that by phone or e-mail they won't say the exact day that the first set of results will be sent.
They definitly don't get top marks for "drive for results" and "communicating with impact".

I just want to know one way or the other now.
Reply 621
JamieinLondon
Does anyone know what percentage of the people who've completed the FSAC will be classed as immediately successful/unsuccessful... If only 10/20% of people are going to find out today/tomorrow then I'm going to try to forget about it all...

No, nobody knows. My guestimate would be a small amount of the top and some more of the bottom ie top 15%, bottom 30% then top 20% and bottom 50% in March then fixed results in April - pure guestimate mind you.
I was considering phoning up and asking if they could tell me my FSAC score (which I'm sure they have). Based on that I would have a good idea what my likely chances are - what do you reckon?
Reply 623
thefeet1980
I was considering phoning up and asking if they could tell me my FSAC score (which I'm sure they have). Based on that I would have a good idea what my likely chances are - what do you reckon?

I can tell you as fact they won't tell you.
Quady
I can tell you as fact they won't tell you.

Ha! You're underestimating my ability to communicate with impact...Seriously though, I thought as such. Bum.
Reply 625
Oh sod it, I'm tired of sitting in silence refreshing this page to see if anyone's heard yet, may as well say something... I had mine a couple of weeks ago, thought it went ok but there were so many people there who seemed to do similarly well or better that I don't have very high hopes. Unfortunately I have nothing to do today so have checked the fs site a worryingly high number of times. I don't even know why I'm so keen to find out, if I hear straight away it's more likely to be immediately unsuccessful that immediately successful...
Reply 626
If general timing is anything to go by from prior updates via the FS messaging system, the majority of mine have been between 8:30 and 9:30pm...

I guess the temptation to keep checking is just too much for some!
Mine have all been around lunchtime before. Now I'm just bored!
Reply 628
I can't believe your all acting in the same way people were for the April results last year :biggrin:

Your going to end up amber, try and forget about it until March, end up amber and have to wait until April...
Reply 629
A few weeks ago, when my AC was canceleld due to the snow, I was pretty furious, having been all prepared etc. But, at least now, I suppose I'll at least be told straightaway if I am in the immediately un/successful categories...! In other words, I don't envy you guys the waiting around!
Reply 630
I've decided that i won't check the website again today as it is just getting too much. Will check in tomorrow morning and also probably the afternoon.

If i could recommend one improvement to the application process, it would be that they set concrete dates that results would be posted and that everyone was informed at the same time. If other graduate schemes can do this, why then can't the fast stream. :rolleyes:
Reply 631
Samijo
If i could recommend one improvement to the application process, it would be that they set concrete dates that results would be posted and that everyone was informed at the same time. If other graduate schemes can do this, why then can't the fast stream. :rolleyes:

Which grad schemes do that?

Unless its changed ever so much in 12 months then companies say you will be told 'within two weeks' of an interview/assessment centre. The online tests however took random amounts of time with no indication of how long it would be.
So, has anyone actually heard anything today re FSAC?

And has anyone got any letters about alternative positions in government? I assume these are sent to people who (narrowly?) missed the pass mark.
Reply 633
So, has anyone actually heard anything today re FSAC?

I've just found out that I've passed. :smile: Huge thanks to everyone on this thread - you've been a huge help throughout the Fast Stream process, and have increased my interest in and enthusiasm for the scheme even more, which I didn't think was possible! Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear - I must've checked the website 20 times today. I really hope you all get the job you're looking for.
Reply 634
Congratulations! Can I ask when you sat FSAC?
Reply 635
I was probably one of the first - I took mine w/b 19th Jan, so they've had some time to process the results, which might explain why I've found out now. I'm also applying for the Statisticians stream, which might be a factor, although we have exactly the same FSAC and I didn't meet any other Statisticians on on the day (but an awful lot of people applying for the Diplomatic Service). Good luck for when you get your results!
Reply 636
Thanks for letting me know. Congratulations again!
Reply 637
Well there's a line from Monty Python that's apt here, but I'll settle for saying congrats.... :wink:
Reply 638
I've passed the FSAC for TIB but still awaiting results for GFS. It's GFS that I really want so I'm not sure whether to be pleased or frustrated!!

Edit: Just to add, my assessment day was Jan 26th.
Reply 639
Aylia
I've passed the FSAC for TIB but still awaiting results for GFS. It's GFS that I really want so I'm not sure whether to be pleased or frustrated!!

Ahhhhh thats annoying, I had the same thing after the second round, then after final results the choice was down to one! It made it much easier to decide which scheme though! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending