The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
hmm, if I applied ages ago, but didn't get asked for an interview, and got nothing from Imperial but an ack, do I still have a chance in hell?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 721
Rite
hmm, if I applied ages ago, but didn't get asked for an interview, and got nothing from Imperial but an ack, do I still have a chance in hell?

They don't interview for all subjects, and I don't think they interview at all for international applicants :smile: .
Reply 722
Mithra
They don't interview for all subjects, and I don't think they interview at all for international applicants :smile: .

They interviewed 2-3 ppl from my physics class (in Switzerland) and that was like 2-4 weeks after applying!

Tbh, I'm just feeling impatient. I'll just have to wait and see =(

(I'm the only one from my school who's applied to imperial without getting an response so far).
Reply 723
Mithra

They do interview international applicants, at least for physics.
Reply 724
Bender_22

Ok :smile:. I thought I remembered an international saying that they were making them an offer without an interview but that they could come and visit if they wanted or something :biggrin:.
Reply 725
Bender_22

Do they ask international applicants to go to London for the interview ?

Any one here who has been asked to do that?
Reply 726
vinayak11

Yeah, I have been invited. I asked them if I had to come and their answer was if I want my application to be considered as the other applications I have to come. Otherwise I may still have the chance of getting a place based on my written application, but only if there were still places left in March.
vinayak11

I did that- I come from Spain and I travelled there the day beforehand just for a 15min interview (and a second-year student gave us a small tour- but yeah)
Reply 728
thisoneisreal
I did that- I come from Spain and I travelled there the day beforehand just for a 15min interview (and a second-year student gave us a small tour- but yeah)

Thanks mates ' for your clarification. May be' being a non UK/Non EU chap who will require a visa to travel to UK they might show some mercy upon me.

Any way I hope they don't ask me to go to London during Jan as I have my A level exam starting this Friday and lasting till the 29th .
marcosgll
Oh, thanks... It has been really difficult to achieve this, though. Most people in my class get 6s or 7s...
Hey, is any of you currently studying at Imperial College? How is the life like? Please tell me... I'll go to Imperial, due to I've just been rejected from Cambridge...

tbh personally I don't really think much of it... I mean, I got a mate studying there.. he's actually my neighbour too...

He's doing MEch ENg and I went there two years ago to visit him, and I didn't quite like the place. Personally because I don't like London... but I guess that if you like big cities and stuff then it's great because you'll never get bored in London...

Imperial is right in the middle of the city, well sort of... and you'll never end up with one night with nothing to do, unless you are the really boring type... or you have tons of work to do... so really life at Imperial according to many people who actually are there is pretty much exciting and I guess we all pretty much like where we end up apparently...
Reply 730
xinolisss
tbh personally I don't really think much of it... I mean, I got a mate studying there.. he's actually my neighbour too...

He's doing MEch ENg and I went there two years ago to visit him, and I didn't quite like the place. Personally because I don't like London... but I guess that if you like big cities and stuff then it's great because you'll never get bored in London...

Imperial is right in the middle of the city, well sort of... and you'll never end up with one night with nothing to do, unless you are the really boring type... or you have tons of work to do... so really life at Imperial according to many people who actually are there is pretty much exciting and I guess we all pretty much like where we end up apparently...

Well, In fact I don't really like big cities, I hate Madrid as well as London, but, well, Imperial is a good university, and... while I think I shouldn't miss this opportunity to go to a top 5 uni, I don't know if I'll like my daily life there...
I mean, I'm not a boring person, but for example, I enjoy much more a night talking about something interesting around a cup of tea than a party-drinking night + hangover... I imagine that I'll find people like me in Imperial, no?
Anyway, I think I'll enjoy a lot Imperial if I end up there.
marcosgll
Well, In fact I don't really like big cities, I hate Madrid as well as London, but, well, Imperial is a good university, and... while I think I shouldn't miss this opportunity to go to a top 5 uni, I don't know if I'll like my daily life there...
I mean, I'm not a boring person, but for example, I enjoy much more a night talking about something interesting around a cup of tea than a party-drinking night + hangover... I imagine that I'll find people like me in Imperial, no?
Anyway, I think I'll enjoy a lot Imperial if I end up there.

Well guess you are not the typical spanish type that I have turned myself into then xDD

yeah I know... it's as simple as just going there, we'll never know what whether we'll like somewhere else or not, or whether we'll be fitting in better at one place or another simply because we haven't been to both places... so as far as being happy is concerned I feel you'd be just as happy in imperial as a guy in Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard, Yale, MIT....
Olé por los Españoles en Imperial; Xinolisss and marcosgll, ¿de qué parte de España sois?
Reply 733
thisoneisreal
Olé por los Españoles en Imperial; Xinolisss and marcosgll, ¿de qué parte de España sois?

Canarias , tu?
Just got rejected from imperial for geology- not surprised and it wasnt my first choice
remiredo
Canarias , tu?

Madrid :smile:
Reply 736
I'm from Segovia
Reply 737
Name: Carmen
Course (deferred?): Biochemistry with Research Abroad
GCSEs/equivalent: 8A*s, 2As, 1B
AS/equivalent subjects + grades: Chemistry, Biology, Maths (with Stats), German [BBAA]
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: Chemistry, Biology, Maths [AAA]
Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc):
Reply 738
Myotherone
Just got rejected from imperial for geology- not surprised and it wasnt my first choice

Sorry to hear that. I obviously won't force you to, but could you possibly edit your post to include your grades and things as asked in the first post? I ask because it'd be useful for any prospective applicants (i.e. for 2010 entry). Hope you get into your first choice :smile:.
Has anyone here already replied to their offers?

Latest

Trending

Trending