Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone tried again with the UKCAT form? Any luck?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about ukcat !
    I was s******g bricks , getting 540 average on mocks
    on the real thing I smashed it lol
    so average was 720 !
    that's put me in the highest percentile for this year yay !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    how strict is st georges with their gcse grades?? my point score for them is 398 but they require 416??
    I meet the rest of their entry requirements though

Also their historic ukcat scores are like 2600 for 2016 and 2550 for 2015 but they also said that they want above 500 in each section?
    so does that mean that they wont accept 1950 as a score ( i have 500+ in each section)

i've already submitted my application so there is nothing i can do about it now but i just wanted to know so that i can know whether to expect an offer or not!

Thanks
    I visited st Georges in London and they are a bit sneaky they say min 500 for each one but if you look what they actual take its like 700 lol and they said one thing on the day and another on the website so would bother applying there !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Senseireynolds)
    I visited st Georges in London and they are a bit sneaky they say min 500 for each one but if you look what they actual take its like 700 lol and they said one thing on the day and another on the website so would bother applying there !
    If you check the 2016 entry thread it is very clear they invited all those with the min requirements to interview and gave offers to those with less than 700 for UKCAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    As long as you have a solid PS and the predicted grades you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My personal statement is decent (so I've been told), I got 4A's on my AS and predicted A*A*A for A2. Would it still be ambitious or do you think its okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhizzKidhehe:))
    My personal statement is decent (so I've been told), I got 4A's on my AS and predicted A*A*A for A2. Would it still be ambitious or do you think its okay?
    Nah it's fine, people make it sound like you need 3A* to have a chance but that's not true. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhizzKidhehe:))
    what UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me? Whenever I try to update my info on the Pearson vue ukcat form thingy it randomly refreshes to a new page that doesn't have the correct boxes that I need to fill in but then when I click save and continue it shows me the message at the top saying I have to fill in all the boxes with asterisk on them but then when I try to do that the page just refreshes again. Has anyone else had this problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snickercell)
    Can anyone help me? Whenever I try to update my info on the Pearson vue ukcat form thingy it randomly refreshes to a new page that doesn't have the correct boxes that I need to fill in but then when I click save and continue it shows me the message at the top saying I have to fill in all the boxes with asterisk on them but then when I try to do that the page just refreshes again. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Oh no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snickercell)
    I had the same problem. I had to call the customer service and they filled out the form for me. My friend called soon after, but they said that they will fix the form today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, do you just have to put in your uni choices in the UKCAT person vue website and just save the changes for them to send off the results or do I have to do anything additional? Also for the 5th option what do I put? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pvk19.)
    Hi guys, do you just have to put in your uni choices in the UKCAT person vue website and just save the changes for them to send off the results or do I have to do anything additional? Also for the 5th option what do I put? Thanks
    Yeah that's all you have to do 😋 I didn't use my 5th one so I just left it blank on UKCAT website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    If you check the 2016 entry thread it is very clear they invited all those with the min requirements to interview and gave offers to those with less than 700 for UKCAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes im sure they did get people with a score of less than 700 but they don't invite all that got the min requirements as asked the head of admissions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Senseireynolds)
    Yes im sure they did get people with a score of less than 700 but they don't invite all that got the min requirements as asked the head of admissions!
    I rang them up too and that's why told me. They hold interviews up until March and rank UKCAT to invite to interview. So even if they didn't invite all it would only be those that narrowly meet the cut off you'd imagine. You might be right but I'm hoping they wouldn't give out false information as a medical school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok can I just ask is there any form of confirmation that your UKCAT details have been entered on Pearson? I've entered mine but I'm just freaking out that they haven't gone through properly or something... on 'additional information' all my required details are there but I'm just scared because there was nothing to confirm that they have received them and that they will use the information to send off my score... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uni12345678)
    Ok can I just ask is there any form of confirmation that your UKCAT details have been entered on Pearson? I've entered mine but I'm just freaking out that they haven't gone through properly or something... on 'additional information' all my required details are there but I'm just scared because there was nothing to confirm that they have received them and that they will use the information to send off my score... :/
    I got an email saying my details had been changed soon after doing it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    I got an email saying my details had been changed soon after doing it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah okay actually I think I have that too, did it say 'the personal information in your web account... has been changed' ? or did it reference the UKCAT at all? Sorry to be a bother it's just worrying me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uni12345678)
    Ah okay actually I think I have that too, did it say 'the personal information in your web account... has been changed' ? or did it reference the UKCAT at all? Sorry to be a bother it's just worrying me!
    I got the same, it didn't specifically mention the UKCAT but I think it said somewhere that you wouldn't get an email referencing that. I don't think you need to worry, if it's there under additional information I think that's all you need to have!

ReputationRep:
    The website still isn't working for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janoschr)
    The website still isn't working for me
    You will need to call them in the morning

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.