The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7740
fatshark88
if you got LSE which uni will be taken????

i think it'll have to be cambs...depends on grades too, nothing's yet clear cut fatshark
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Beef_Eater
maybe it was because of her course or something. Like they couldn't finish all the offers on Friday so had to wait until Monday.

Maybe, but it seems like a bit of a stretch - there's not like there's a limit on how many offers they can send via UCAS a day, and LSE seem quite organised at having designated single days for either offers or rejections.
KirstyK
There is a gathered pile for law? :eek:

I think so yeah - QBC???, I think their name is, has one. I'd imagine they've sent out a fair few for Law considering the sheer volume of applicants they have to sift through. But like I said, having a gathered pile is neither a good or a bad thing really so don't take it as a negative.
Reply 7743
Lord Roem
I do not appear to have a "Gathered Field" e-mail so far. Does this mean that I'm about to be rejected or that that they didn't send them out for Government and History applicents?

Sorry for the bother!

congrats on the offers but I recieved a gathered field e-mail for government and history.. But since I am an early applicant (oct 7) I dont think you have to worry about it :smile:
Reply 7744
ninety_nine
Maybe, but it seems like a bit of a stretch - there's not like there's a limit on how many offers they can send via UCAS a day, and LSE seem quite organised at having designated single days for either offers or rejections.

They don't work on week ends so it just might be that the offer got delayed because it was sent too late for UCAS to process it. It would be kind of weird to see only one odd offer if they started not caring about their usual days.
If she had received an offer on say- a wednesday it would have probably seemed weirder.
Marcx89
They don't work on week ends so it just might be that the offer got delayed because it was sent too late for UCAS to process it. It would be kind of weird to see only one odd offer if they started not caring about their usual days.
If she had received an offer on say- a wednesday it would have probably seemed weirder.

Good point, and well done on McGill btw!!
Reply 7746
ninety_nine
I think so yeah - QBC???, I think their name is, has one. I'd imagine they've sent out a fair few for Law considering the sheer volume of applicants they have to sift through. But like I said, having a gathered pile is neither a good or a bad thing really so don't take it as a negative.

Hahah! heyy! Yes there is indeed a gathered pile for law and I am in it!! Its quite strange though because I got the email in January as opposed to November like everyone else. Two ways to look at it, either I was going to get an offer but an applicant beat me and so I am on the top of the gathered pile. Or they were going to reject me and the late applicants were worse than me so they put me at the bottom of the pile. Or I am trying to comfort myself with crazy explanations! I agree with ninety_nine it isn't really a good or bad thing, just means you will have to wait longer tbh because a significant number of us will have to get offers otherwise the system would be pointless!!
Reply 7747
QBC123
Hahah! heyy! Yes there is indeed a gathered pile for law and I am in it!! Its quite strange though because I got the email in January as opposed to November like everyone else. Two ways to look at it, either I was going to get an offer but an applicant beat me and so I am on the top of the gathered pile. Or they were going to reject me and the late applicants were worse than me so they put me at the bottom of the pile. Or I am trying to comfort myself with crazy explanations! I agree with ninety_nine it isn't really a good or bad thing, just means you will have to wait longer tbh because a significant number of us will have to get offers otherwise the system would be pointless!!

Haha. I got the gathered pile e-mail in January too, and am a law applicant. =P
Reply 7748
SAMBO!
Anybody here applying for law at LSE and have been rejected/pooled/offered a place?

Me! and a few others. Go check the gathered pile thread, or keep checking out the status of the poeple here. lol.
Reply 7749
ninety_nine
Good point, and well done on McGill btw!!

Thanks :wink:, I hope LSE will work out though, it's closer lol.
Been away for a while so not sure.., offers or rejections today?
dramaminedreams
Been away for a while so not sure.., offers or rejections today?

According to the speculations no, but who knows? Some got offers monday/tuesday and last friday.
Reply 7752
hello everyone!! Congrats to all of you who have received offers and gudluck to those who r waiting....I applied for MSc in Management and Strategy course in early january and got my offer two days back..realllyyy excitedd...anyone else from the same course here??..

I also applied for MPhil in Management course at Cambridge and still waiting...do you guys know how much time Cambridge takes to make a decision? as i applied there before applying to LSE!

cheers:smile:
I can understand why so many people in this thread get annoyed at LSE for taking so long, but YOU chose to apply to them so it's now up to THEM to reply to you when they see fit. Not the other way around. Anyone who is contemplating phoning in to complain, all I am going to say is it would make you look a bit stupid

I applied for 2008 entry last year to a number of London Uni's, and got a rejection just 1 week before the deadline for choosing your firm/insurance choices. Insensitive of them, maybe, but not unjustified.

I have applied to LSE this year for International Relations and History and still no word. But I'm not going to take notice of this 2nd guessing when offers and rejections will be because it's a load of crap really.

Apparently offers/rejections are on a Friday, Monday Tuesday? HOW RIDICULOUS! That leaves only 2 days in between where I guess the must not look at applications at all. Of course, they wouldn't do that?! That's silly. Only Friday's Tuesdays and Fridays are the logical days right? Bah!

For a fact I know a friend of mine have had an offer on a Wednesday, so it's safe to say there is no "pattern". Complete rubbish.
ColonelStrong
I can understand why so many people in this thread get annoyed at LSE for taking so long, but YOU chose to apply to them so it's now up to THEM to reply to you when they see fit. Not the other way around. Anyone who is contemplating phoning in to complain, all I am going to say is it would make you look a bit stupid

I applied for 2008 entry last year to a number of London Uni's, and got a rejection just 1 week before the deadline for choosing your firm/insurance choices. Insensitive of them, maybe, but not unjustified.

I have applied to LSE this year for International Relations and History and still no word. But I'm not going to take notice of this 2nd guessing when offers and rejections will be because it's a load of crap really.

Apparently offers/rejections are on a Friday, Monday Tuesday? HOW RIDICULOUS! That leaves only 2 days in between where I guess the must not look at applications at all. Of course, they wouldn't do that?! That's silly. Only Friday's Tuesdays and Fridays are the logical days right? Bah!

For a fact I know a friend of mine have had an offer on a Wednesday, so it's safe to say there is no "pattern". Complete rubbish.

no...your friend recieved a ucas update email on a wednesday, the offer was actually updated on tuesday evening on track. i have been following this thread since november and would like to assure you that there is actually a pattern. rejection day's next. no need to get all worked up about it.
Reply 7755
good luck ppl!
eyijia
good luck ppl!

theres no rejections today. its monday.
maghreblover
no...your friend recieved a ucas update email on a wednesday, the offer was actually updated on tuesday evening on track. i have been following this thread since november and would like to assure you that there is actually a pattern. rejection day's next. no need to get all worked up about it.

Any heard anything?
jonoelgrande
Any heard anything?

its Monday.

Latest

Trending

Trending