The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Freshers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by UG1
Hi, I seem to be in the same position as the majority of you. Going to be studying computer science however didn't get halls because I live in London. Really worried about meeting new people.

Exactly in the same position as you but I'm studying psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 61
Original post by userage
For anyone worried about going alone, your free to tag along with me and emz154 (or Emily :tongue:). Were in the same situation and don't know anyone else going. We can maybe have a meet up before freshers to get to know each other more aswell.

Same, I'll tag along too..
Reply 62
Really don't worry too much about making friends, might be a bit awkward at first but you'll find your spot. Feel free to add/inbox me on fb, i don't know anybody going either so i'm happy to chat to someone in my position :smile: https://www.facebook.com/will.leahy.73
Reply 63
If anyone's coming from Sheffield or in a similar position to me and knows like nobody add or inbox me on fb :smile: http://www.facebook.com/AlishaaaXO . Im going to be studying Law and Politics but don't mind getting to know people from other courses obviously :smile:
Reply 64
hi guys studying geography here :smile: didn't get any halls though so I'm not sure if I'm gna pay for private halls, so if anyone knows of any rooms going or anyone who still needs accommodation and wants to get a flat or something send me a message or email [email protected]

P.S i know noone whos going to QM bit worried :s-smilie:
Reply 65
Hi guys going to QM for geography(econ) :smile: havent sorted out accomadation yet so if anyone has a room going or wants to get a flat or house let me know :smile:([email protected]) i might go into private halls anyone know any good private halls that still have rooms with loads of first years? would be appreciated.

P.S quite worried about meeting new people wondering when freshers is and where i can get tickets :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by UG1
Sounds good to me! I'll happily tag along. :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by AbdullayR
Same, I'll tag along too..

Facebook.com/kinggjuliann
im doing physics

havent sorted accommodation,im looking at rahere court but idk still looking lol
We're all in the same position we should all meet up for a drink and get know each other!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Hi guys, I'm in the same position as you, I am going to study Politics. I live in London so won't be living on campus and as I don't know anyone else going to Queen Mary, I am worried about making friends
Reply 70
Original post by Zoeelizabethxo
Helloooo!
only just seen this thread on here, I'm doing Zoology and also have accommodation in Beaumont Court, 03A :biggrin:
i don't know anyone at Queen Mary or even England tbh cos I live in Lanzarote :P yeah lol. Also, what's the freshens ticket thing? Don't now what I'll be able to do or that because I'm only 17 :/

Hiya :smile: ooh I was actually really interested in the zoology course - went for drama in the end haha!

Wow yeah that is tough, on the QMSU website it says the freshers events and how to get tickets and it also states which events are over 18 - take a look there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Are you allowed to drink alcohol on campus? Or has sharia law banned it?
Original post by emz154
Exactly in the same position as you but I'm studying psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile

im doing psychology and currently trying to sort private halls out. seems like were in the same boat
Original post by ambermckenzie146
im doing psychology and currently trying to sort private halls out. seems like were in the same boat

I'm doing psychology and I'm in private halls across the road at Rahere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UG1
Hi, I seem to be in the same position as the majority of you. Going to be studying computer science however didn't get halls because I live in London. Really worried about meeting new people.

Another CS/no-halls student here! However I do know a few people already so when we inevitably meet I could always introduce you to them. :smile:

Original post by Jessicabrady
I'm doing psychology and I'm in private halls across the road at Rahere

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking of applying to Rahere Court, have you visited it?
Reply 75
Anyone for mechanical engineering?
Reply 76

Yeahhh private halls seems expensive tho :/ dw there are many people who will be staying at home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Hey doing computer science :cool:, dont know anyone going which makes the freshers stuff a bit awkward anyway add me on fb if your in this position, had to remake it lol (dont ask)

fb: just search Ayoub Amn
or theres the link https://www.facebook.com/ayoub.amn.10

if it doesnt let you add me then private mesage me!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 78

Doing computer science!

hey i'm doing psychology too! if you go to the rahere court unite accommodation that's where i'm staying too! i'm in halls with a female postgrad that i haven't met so if you apply you can join me haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending