The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Unit 1 17/05 & Unit 2 23/05 - Official Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Team failure here 😂😂😂
has anyone else just given and decided to retake year 12 bc that's basically me atm 😭😭😭
how do you layout your answer for the 16 mark?? how many paragraphs are required?
Original post by Nadiya5
how do you layout your answer for the 16 mark?? how many paragraphs are required?

I don't know either!! I think you need an introduction and conclusion, but I'm not sure how many paragraphs? 3 or 4?
Original post by Nadiya5

Our teacher told us to use PERVERT when structuring the 16m essay and I would write about 4 paragraphs
thank youuuuuuu
Thank you!!
so any predictions for research methods part for family & households tomorrow?:colondollar:
I don't think I know enough but I feel like I've revised so much???? It's impossible
Ive been revising sociology for a month solidly and can not tell u a word of it. Info overload. Any info on experiments?? Really struggling here
Im revising the theories coz my teacher said youll need to know; functionalist, marxists, post-modernists and feminists perspectives on the role of the family and some sociologists

i rlly dont know what post-moderns are or what they believe? someone helppppppp !!
I think post modernists believe in the neo conventional family?
Original post by hairhelp
I don't think I know enough but I feel like I've revised so much???? It's impossible

Original post by Rachypoox
Ive been revising sociology for a month solidly and can not tell u a word of it. Info overload. Any info on experiments?? Really struggling here

it will come back to you in the exam; that was me in the education paper
Agggh there's so many sociologists names!
Original post by hairhelp
i think post modernists believe in the neo conventional family?

omg what on earth is that
Reply 895
I have a feeling the 16 marker will be on instructed interviews or lab experiments? Also what does everyone mean by a 20 marker in demography, something along the lines of 'explain the reasons for why birth rates have dropped' ? And would you bring in the views of changing role of the women , and contraception , secularisation etc etc?
Reply 896
Unstructured*
Wait what's the structure of the paper tomorrow is it not - " 2 2 6 10 & 20" since when was there 16 markers on research methods ?
Sorry can someone explain freaking out here :frown:
Reply 898
Original post by goal101
Wait what's the structure of the paper tomorrow is it not - " 2 2 6 10 & 20" since when was there 16 markers on research methods ?
Sorry can someone explain freaking out here :frown:

There's a research method section one question worth 4 marks and one question worth 16 marks and the rest of the questions are on families an households
Original post by student9898
omg what on earth is that

the neo conventional family is the modern nuclear family - similar to the symmetrical family but just has a different name really

it just basically means that the nuclear family has the same structure but the roles within the family have changed - e.g. it's more equal now than it was before according to some functionalists (I think!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending