Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Didn't she request a permaban?

I recall there being two threads with one being MHSS and the other being a depression based one. I assume they merged or something...I don't know, either way, we have an awesome society called MHSS now :mmm:
    It is a good society :yep: we should definitely do another big meetup sometime

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    It was indeed. Yeah they have, bittersweet really. Do you know what happened to ViceVersa?

Basically people were posting in the thread about other illnesses that weren't depression so somebody suggested the name be changed. That's how I remember it at least.
    nope, we had a big argument and stopped talking safe to say i wasn't her biggest fan for a while... have been wondering what she's up to now - and Nut and Laut_Biru too!

there was just a whole load of controversy because some people were saying they should keep the depsoc and just create a whole bunch of other threads for people with bipolar or personality disorders or schizophrenia, and basically every time somebody brought the topic up, there was a big quarrel and it was left to one side again
    Ohhhhh sorry for prying

I remember something like a depression society, but I couldn't remember it changing into this
    haha, dw about it, its hardly a major secret

ReputationRep:
    Just been in the shower thinking. Does anybody else remember the controversy when this thread went from depression support society to MH support society?
    The way I remember it Laut and IGregg basically wanted to break up DepSoc into a separate thread for each illness, effectively killing the society as a place where people with all kinds of mental illnesses could come together. ViceVersa was kind of on their side, but in a nicer way. In the end TSR authorities stepped in and decided the Depression Society would become the Mental Health Support Society. Laut left some time after that to do **** knows what, and the less said about IGregg the better. :lol:

That's my recollection of what happened at least.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't she request a permaban?

I recall there being two threads with one being MHSS and the other being a depression based one. I assume they merged or something...I don't know, either way, we have an awesome society called MHSS now :mmm:
    I think so. Last I heard she got into medicine at Keele and deferred for a year. Hope she's ok wherever she is.

I think they did, yeah. We do! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    nope, we had a big argument and stopped talking safe to say i wasn't her biggest fan for a while... have been wondering what she's up to now - and Nut and Laut_Biru too!

there was just a whole load of controversy because some people were saying they should keep the depsoc and just create a whole bunch of other threads for people with bipolar or personality disorders or schizophrenia, and basically every time somebody brought the topic up, there was a big quarrel and it was left to one side again

haha, dw about it, its hardly a major secret
    (Original post by superwolf)
    The way I remember it Laut and IGregg basically wanted to break up DepSoc into a separate thread for each illness, effectively killing the society as a place where people with all kinds of mental illnesses could come together. ViceVersa was kind of on their side, but in a nicer way. In the end TSR authorities stepped in and decided the Depression Society would become the Mental Health Support Society. Laut left some time after that to do **** knows what, and the less said about IGregg the better. :lol:

Ahh right, I don't remember it being that serious :lol: We've emerged stronger :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right, I don't remember it being that serious :lol: We've emerged stronger :yep:
    Depression Society was still a cool name though... :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    It is a good society :yep: we should definitely do another big meetup sometime

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not many places where I like every person in it like I do here

I think so. Last I heard she got into medicine at Keele and deferred for a year. Hope she's ok wherever she is.

I think they did, yeah. We do! :hugs:
    One person I miss is Batee08 as she requested a permaban after I went on some rant about how people ignore people in real life, on TSR etc. and she tried helping me and I was still stupidly ranting and then the next thing I know, she requested a permaban. To this day, I'm still annoyed with myself and can't help feel responsible for her requesting a ban :sad: I adored that girl and she was always there for when I needed it and thus I felt like a doucher cause I still to this day feel like I drove her away due to my stupidity :sad:

Yesssssir it's a good ickle place !! :hugs:

ReputationRep:

yeah, thats basically it. i also remember at some point depsoc didn't have the restrictions it has now, and descriptions of SH/suicide were a lot more graphic than i first expected them to be.

tbh i wasn't under the impression that Laut actually wanted to do that, she was just being ridiculously pedantic and taking things to the extreme to illustrate a point that was basically that she didn't want anything to change.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, thats basically it. i also remember at some point depsoc didn't have the restrictions it has now, and descriptions of SH/suicide were a lot more graphic than i first expected them to be.

tbh i wasn't under the impression that Laut actually wanted to do that, she was just being ridiculously pedantic and taking things to the extreme to illustrate a point that was basically that she didn't want anything to change.
    A lot of stuff went on behind closed doors, I'm not sure that any one of us actually knows the full picture.

The good thing is that the society survived (albeit under a less amusing name :grumble:), and we've still got a ton of lovely people posting.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just glad this place exists whatever name it may be under. You guys are amazing.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of stuff went on behind closed doors, I'm not sure that any one of us actually knows the full picture.

The good thing is that the society survived (albeit under a less amusing name :grumble:), and we've still got a ton of lovely people posting.
    depsoc is a lot easier and more fun to say too

and yeah, a whole load of crap went down between individual people on Skype/msn/facebook, iirc - and it had all been bubbling underneath the surface for a while

i do find myself wondering about some of the people who left us though

ReputationRep:
    Depression Society was still a cool name though... :moon:
    It definitely was.

Not many places where I like every person in it like I do here

One person I miss is Batee08 as she requested a permaban after I went on some rant about how people ignore people in real life, on TSR etc. and she tried helping me and I was still stupidly ranting and then the next thing I know, she requested a permaban. To this day, I'm still annoyed with myself and can't help feel responsible for her requesting a ban :sad: I adored that girl and she was always there for when I needed it and thus I felt like a doucher cause I still to this day feel like I drove her away due to my stupidity :sad:

Yesssssir it's a good ickle place !! :hugs:
    It probably wasn't your fault, she is the one who requested the ban.

Definitely a good place. There is no other place where I can write/say what I am feeling and have a bunch of lovely people jump at the chance to help me. Luckily I've improved a lot since MHSS emerged but DepSoc certainly saved my life a few times.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I was never part of Dep Soc and that was intentional. Once wandered onto the first page of one of the threads and was pretty horrified by the graphic stuff I read on there.

I prefer the much safer environment we have now. The OP of MHSS made it feel safe to join

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    my existence is ridiculous. everything is ridiculous
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    my existence is ridiculous. everything is ridiculous
    Am on Facebook on and off if you need a chat :hugs: Though I will have to go to bed soon. Starting to get sleepy

ReputationRep:
    depsoc is a lot easier and more fun to say too

and yeah, a whole load of crap went down between individual people on Skype/msn/facebook, iirc - and it had all been bubbling underneath the surface for a while

i do find myself wondering about some of the people who left us though
    Agreed! :five:

Oh god yeah, all those arguments that went on for days... probably didn't help that we were all sleeping with each other.

I wonder occasionally, but mostly I'm just glad about the people I've kept in touch with from the old crowd. Like Saber, Rob, bullettheory, fire2burn, and all the various people who've changed names since then.

It definitely was.

Definitely a good place. There is no other place where I can write/say what I am feeling and have a bunch of lovely people jump at the chance to help me. Luckily I've improved a lot since MHSS emerged but DepSoc certainly saved my life a few times.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be here without DepSoc either! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Am on Facebook on and off if you need a chat :hugs: Though I will have to go to bed soon. Starting to get sleepy
    its fine but thanks. don't really feel up to talking

ReputationRep:

But I felt/feel like the one who drove her to do it.

There was a short lived highly sensitive person (HSP) society that helped for a little while My very first poster on MHSS that I befriended was Poncho and then Sarah' followed suit. Nut was helpful to me before she left too. I feel that me in the MHSS has grown a lot in the last two years I've been here. I speak to everyone on here without hesitation when before, talking to TLG, superwolf and well everyone was daunting because everyone was so used to each other. I didn't want to tread on any toes and didn't really communicate for a while. Thank rock n roll that Poncho and Sarah' saw past my timidness and spoke to me, otherwise I don't think I'd be on this thread making this post if they didn't

ReputationRep:

Yeah, I wouldn't be here without DepSoc either! :woo:
    :five: Despite all the arguments and stuff that went on there it definitely was invaluable to many.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    its fine but thanks. don't really feel up to talking
    No worries hun, just wanted you to know the offer was there if you wanted it. Hope you feel much better soon :jumphug:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.