Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookworm246love)
    i need to catch up on it/watch more of it i watched in tonight and it's really good
    Its a good show isnt it?! I like how she has the artists on to chat too as well, she had Tony Hadley on recently!! Im so pleased you like it - soon youll be watching totp every thursday too on BBC4 :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia123)
    Ahh i see, its does look really difficult! Thats such a shame too I think im just expecting it to be like the Rio video when its not :lol: My dad used to do sailing when he was a boy, but that was only on holiday
    Of course i will! When i have completed maths revisons tonight (yay maths)

I shall reply to the listings fully when i next on the computer (so any left out will be answered!)
    Depeche Mode not cheesy enough?!?! :eek: what about New Life then? :lol:
    I love Dire Staits, and yeah i do! Supposedly been playing since i was about 8, but ive never been for a lesson :lol: i just download guitar tabs and go learn :lol:
    Damn i forgot Rebel Rebel!! He has way too many good songs dont you think?
    Did you not? Ahh not to worry, it used to be on the Debenhams advert a few years ago :lol:
    Not for The Clash no? Oops :lol: Which album of theirs is you favourite?
    Haha yep! I know Blue Oyster Cult! :woo: can play (Dont Fear) The Reaper, but some of the vocals are too low for me to sing :lol:
    Awww! My mum had an old Beatles cassette that she used to play in the car all the time :lol: Have you ever heard of The Hollies?
    Haha going to see UB40 would be amazing - they orinate from the same club as Duran Duran!
    Haha nothibg wront with a but of Club Tropicana, i actually forgot to add Bananarama to the cheesy artists list :lol:
    The Undertones?! No way!! That would be awesome!!

Haha looks like i manged to answer to them okay (but this ia sooooooo slow :lol:)

Hahaha well i dont have facebook so maybe just narrow it down to a top 20?

Do you really? They were on Jools Holland years ago, theyre so good live (well live on tv :lol:) theyre all great songs! I also quite like main offender, and the link i sent was for 'hate to say i told you so'

Yeah, it was in 81 when they actually became famous (planet earth was realeased in march i think) and then they had totp fame! And yeah! Haha awesome!! Maybe its been demolished? The Rum Runner where Duran/UB40/Dexy's stared out was demolished in the late 80s *sigh*

The Reflex is your all time fave?! Omg!! Aww thats such a lovely way it becoming 'the best song in the world' too :love: i actually cant believe this, i didnt know anyone else liked The Reflex (flex flex flex :lol:)
    yeah, it can be quite difficult there are many things that you have to do… no, well they showing only half of it really but it’s the same kinda thing

that’s coolyay haha, what year are you in? (guessing you’re still at school )

that’s okay, don’t worry

no haha :lol: still not cheesy, it’s a great song and i love it
    yeah same :five: really? that’s good and you must be amazing :eek: i’ve been playing for about five years and still find it difficult telling which chords are which :lol:
    oh definitely haha, just too many no haha, which advert?
    huh? i’m confused now what? do you mean the clash?
    omg, i seriously though i was their only fan :lol: and yeah haha, we could get SassKing13 to sing it :rofl:
    ah, that’s nice haha yeah, i think i’ve heard of the name but not any of their music…
    yeah, really would :love: really? what club was that? no, it’s a great song haha gosh, cruel summer is such a tune i love it i really do :lol:
    yeh, they are playing in november i think haha

i know :lol:

oh okay i’ll try but could be all afternoon :lol:

yeah, they are such great. really? link please

okay, need to listen to that then ah okay, that’s what it is :facepalm:

oh okay, so planet earth was their first song? really? :eek: maybe, might look it up now and find out rum runner? gonna look up that too then dexy’s? as in the dexy’s midnight runners?

yeah, definitely has to be everyone needs to listen to it now, no jokes haha… i’m gonna try and play it in all the shops/restaurants/coffee shops/stations the lot, i swear :lol: really? how can that be possible? it’s just such an amazing song :love:

ReputationRep:
    Its a good show isnt it?! I like how she has the artists on to chat too as well, she had Tony Hadley on recently!! Im so pleased you like it - soon youll be watching totp every thursday too on BBC4 :lol:
    :eek: what? they are still showing top of the pops? are you joking? what time?

and omg, tony hadley? :eek: i love him haha, and yes it's a great show, it really is

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  527.9 KB
    look at what i brought today

ReputationRep:
    someone posted this on the 'what are you listing to now' thread...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=STxcwDeX2SY
    think it's pretty awful cover :sad:
    what do you guys think?
    :rofl: I listened to a bit of that and gave up XD 'The Skints', really... :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    That looks so cool!

ReputationRep:
    well, neither did i but it turns out that it is actually very much like spotify i haven't made up my mind about it yet though

that's cool my dad used to always play them when we went away and so it's a bit of a holiday thing for me really
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s4slliAtQU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRonG87eKw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnPL5OXSBNE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijkYkJfg0s
    i like most of their song but the best are good vibrations and surfin' usa

i know what you mean but yes like when i find someone who's heard/knows of a band or artist, i'm like where have you been the whole of my life? :rofl: totally agree with you that the chameleons and the bunneymen are/were underrated... i even asked my mum/older people i know about them and they even haven't heard of them, even though they were from that era now that's bad, i mean really bad so bad it's awful... just makes me wanna cry sassking :sad:

for which, chameleons or bunnymen? or both?

yeah, will listen to more of their stuff at some point any recommendations?

yeah, i saw it too and you'll never guess what? Amellia123 you might want to see this.... the reflex is my favourite song of all time, i swear. no seriously it was the one song that i used to love as a young girl haha (still love now haha ) my dad used to always, and i mean always used to play it in the car like all the time :love he used to play it in the evening usually coming back from my grandma's who lives a couple of hours away and it was usually late enough that my sister and i were quite tired and i always tried to say awake for this song, even if my eyes were closing on me... no matter what, i had to listen to it... it brings back so many memories :'
    (i seriously mean it when i say the favourite song of all time, but honestly i think it's the best in the whole wide world of music )
    Ah right I see

Ah, that's cool I remember my dad playing The Beatles when I was younger. I particularly remember this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGHQFjlsvCk

Same here :rofl:

I see Yeah that is, but ah well, we get to enjoy the greatness

Ah sorry, The Bunnymen

These are from the first album
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0adDW3_siQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAd2wv_SzUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4nAi3GM1DA

I won't accept if you don't like these because I like almost all of their songs :rofl: but no, fair enough if you don't

I haven't listened to them loads but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc7exoQ1jkQ (vinyl crackle! )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDpOMTjE-bg

ReputationRep:
    So apparently these were going to get thrown out in my College! I took them home Should be interesting

(Sorry that it's upside down, you'll need to tilt your phone/laptop and zoom in )

Name:  WP_20160512_19_43_39_Pro.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  363.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    yeah, it can be quite difficult there are many things that you have to do… no, well they showing only half of it really but it’s the same kinda thing

that’s okay, don’t worry

yeah same :five: really? that’s good and you must be amazing :eek: i’ve been playing for about five years and still find it difficult telling which chords are which :lol:
    omg, i seriously though i was their only fan :lol: and yeah haha, we could get SassKing13 to sing it :rofl:
    ah, that’s nice haha yeah, i think i’ve heard of the name but not any of their music…
    yeah, really would :love: really? what club was that? no, it’s a great song haha gosh, cruel summer is such a tune i love it i really do :lol:

oh okay, so planet earth was their first song? really? :eek: maybe, might look it up now and find out rum runner? gonna look up that too then dexy’s? as in the dexy’s midnight runners?

yeah, definitely has to be everyone needs to listen to it now, no jokes haha… i’m gonna try and play it in all the shops/restaurants/coffee shops/stations the lot, i swear :lol: really? how can that be possible? it’s just such an amazing song :love:
    Yep still at school I'm in Y13, what do you do?
    Hha ahh okay fair enough then :P Have you ever heard of Yazoo? Its basically the guy from Depeche Mode who wrote all the songs went on to form another band with a woman - they were rather good! The song 'Don't Go' is their best (I think!)
    Awesome!! :awesome: and yep! I'm not as good as I probably should be :giggle: though I can play a fair amount of songs :lol: I bet you actually really good! What is your favourite song to play?
    Sorry, that was bad wording on my part. The song 'Love is the Drug' used to be on the Debenhams advert a long time ago (its some pop song now :lol:) And (about The Clash) I don't know what that was even meant to say - I'm sorry (I cant even understand myself most days :lol:)
    Hahaha fear not - you have found another fan! :woo: Omg yes we totally should :lol:
    Ahhh right, The Hollies were a 60s band (kind of like The Beatles)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWNeUTFSmnc

It was called The Rum Runner - had a funny triangular shaped bar :lol:
    Hahaha Ikr!! They had quite a few very good songs!

Haha a link to The Hives live? Sure! They did 3 songs on that program....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQioCjYnbxw

unfortunately, the other two are no longer available on youtube (as it would seem) but they also did Tick Tick Boom and Go Right Ahead

Look who else was on the same Hootenanny!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck9s...yMbmH&index=14

Yeah Planet Earth was their first single! Though the first song they wrote together was Sound Of Thunder And yep Dexy's Midnight Runners Where do you think the 'Runner' part came from?

I totally agree, though I have been unofficially banned from requesting any 80s music (huge emphasis on Duran Duran) at the y13 leavers prom :rofl: Ikr! Its such a feel good song, I have been singing it all day in fact :lol:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: what? they are still showing top of the pops? are you joking? what time?

and omg, tony hadley? :eek: i love him haha, and yes it's a great show, it really is
    Yeah they do! Early evening on BBC4 on Thursdays/Fridays (its 1981 at the moment, we're at about August/September time). I think about 7.30/8 ish?
    And yep!!!! Same :lol: I like how he can still sing too I like that they show quite a few music videos also, as some of the ones on youtube can be a bit iffy quality wise :lol:

Oooh looks awesome!!!! That should be brilliant to listen to!!

ReputationRep:
    Yep still at school I'm in Y13, what do you do?
    Hha ahh okay fair enough then :P Have you ever heard of Yazoo? Its basically the guy from Depeche Mode who wrote all the songs went on to form another band with a woman - they were rather good! The song 'Don't Go' is their best (I think!)
    Awesome!! :awesome: and yep! I'm not as good as I probably should be :giggle: though I can play a fair amount of songs :lol: I bet you actually really good! What is your favourite song to play?
    Sorry, that was bad wording on my part. The song 'Love is the Drug' used to be on the Debenhams advert a long time ago (its some pop song now :lol:) And (about The Clash) I don't know what that was even meant to say - I'm sorry (I cant even understand myself most days :lol:)
    Hahaha fear not - you have found another fan! :woo: Omg yes we totally should :lol:
    Ahhh right, The Hollies were a 60s band (kind of like The Beatles)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWNeUTFSmnc

It was called The Rum Runner - had a funny triangular shaped bar :lol:
    Hahaha Ikr!! They had quite a few very good songs!

Haha a link to The Hives live? Sure! They did 3 songs on that program....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQioCjYnbxw

unfortunately, the other two are no longer available on youtube (as it would seem) but they also did Tick Tick Boom and Go Right Ahead

Look who else was on the same Hootenanny!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck9s...yMbmH&index=14

Yeah Planet Earth was their first single! Though the first song they wrote together was Sound Of Thunder And yep Dexy's Midnight Runners Where do you think the 'Runner' part came from?

I totally agree, though I have been unofficially banned from requesting any 80s music (huge emphasis on Duran Duran) at the y13 leavers prom :rofl: Ikr! Its such a feel good song, I have been singing it all day in fact :lol:

that’s okay, don’t worry

Thanks for ganging up on me :rofl: Still though, it is an awesome song that SassKing would find it a pleasure to sing :rofl: I have their album; 'Agents of Fortune' to listen to at some point actually

Amellia123 The only Hollies song I actually know is;

I should look into them more I mean to sometime... You should definitely check out The Byrds if you like 60s Beatles-esque bands
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J74ttSR8lEg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    Thanks for ganging up on me :rofl:

Amellia123 The only Hollies song I actually know is;

I should look into them more I mean to sometime... You should definitely check out The Byrds if you like 60s Beatles-esque bands
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J74ttSR8lEg
    Not really SassKing - You're forgetting Amellia still hasn't forgotten the massacre of Duran Duran (not a Red Carpet Massacre though :lol:)
    I do like that one - I think it came out later in their career? (1970?)
    Oooh yes I should!! Do they sing My Back Pages? I like that song

ReputationRep:
    Not really SassKing - You're forgetting Amellia still hasn't forgotten the massacre of Duran Duran (not a Red Carpet Massacre though :lol:)
    I do like that one - I think it came out later in their career? (1970?)
    Oooh yes I should!! Do they sing My Back Pages? I like that song
    'Massacre' :rofl:

Yeah it was later. (I think so )

Yeah they do They also sing Mr. Tambourine Man, Turn! Turn! Turn! and I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better. Jangly guitars and vocal harmonies Awesome stuff

ReputationRep:
    'Massacre' :rofl:

Yeah it was later. (I think so )

Yeah they do They also sing Mr. Tambourine Man, Turn! Turn! Turn! and I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better. Jangly guitars and vocal harmonies Awesome stuff
    Actually was - how harsh of you :rofl:
    Oh right okay! Was going to say they look a little older :lol:

Ohhhhh I see! I think I have heard Turn! Turn! Turn! after the AoS episode with the same name :lol: Haha I see - definitely worth me having a listen to then!

ReputationRep:
    Actually was - how harsh of you :rofl:
    Oh right okay! Was going to say they look a little older :lol:

Ohhhhh I see! I think I have heard Turn! Turn! Turn! after the AoS episode with the same name :lol: Haha I see - definitely worth me having a listen to then!
    :rofl:

*Sigh* Well, I can see where I am not wanted. Looks like SassKing will take himself and his Bunnymen daily elsewhere... *sigh*

Yes Mr. Tambourine Man was actually a Bob Dylan cover.

ReputationRep:

*Sigh* Well, I can see where I am not wanted. Looks like SassKing will take himself and his Bunnymen daily elsewhere... *sigh*

Yes Mr. Tambourine Man was actually a Bob Dylan cover.
    How was that even insinuated?! :lol: I don't remember saying those words Hmmm okay then, but we all know you'll be back with Bunnymen Daily again tomorrow :lol:

Oh right okay! Everytime there's a Bob Dylan documentary on, my dads like 'do we have to watch this' so I have never really heard any of his songs (though I'm sure I have done but not realised :lol:)

ReputationRep:
    How was that even insinuated?! :lol: I don't remember saying those words Hmmm okay then, but we all know you'll be back with Bunnymen Daily again tomorrow :lol:

Oh right okay! Everytime there's a Bob Dylan documentary on, my dads like 'do we have to watch this' so I have never really heard any of his songs (though I'm sure I have done but not realised :lol:)
    :rofl: Yeah to be honest my attempt at trying to be funny failed there :lol: So never mind :rofl:

Oh really? To be honest, I haven't heard an awful amount of his songs myself. I have one of his albums to listen to though. You've probably heard Like A Rolling Stone before. I like a song of his called Hurricane; It's about a boxer that got framed for murder. It's based on a true story actually It isn't on YouTube unfortunately though, so I can't send you it...

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Yeah to be honest my attempt at trying to be funny failed there :lol: So never mind :rofl:

Oh really? To be honest, I haven't heard an awful amount of his songs myself. I have one of his albums to listen to though. You've probably heard Like A Rolling Stone before. I like a song of his called Hurricane; It's about a boxer that got framed for murder. It's based on a true story actually It isn't on YouTube unfortunately though, so I can't send you it...
    Haha oh oops - sounds like the story of my life tbh :lol: :getmecoat:

Yeah - says hes boring :rofl: though can see why people liked/do like his stuff. Ahhh I see, if you know which album its from ill listen to it (for some reason I seem to have ALL of the Bob Dylan albums from when I bought a used hard drive - so much free music!) And for some reason when I used to use iTunes, because most of the music I had wasn't genuine, it left me with all the Bob Dylan albums and Abba (yay) :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Haha oh oops - sounds like the story of my life tbh :lol: :getmecoat:

Yeah - says hes boring :rofl: though can see why people liked/do like his stuff. Ahhh I see, if you know which album its from ill listen to it (for some reason I seem to have ALL of the Bob Dylan albums from when I bought a used hard drive - so much free music!) And for some reason when I used to use iTunes, because most of the music I had wasn't genuine, it left me with all the Bob Dylan albums and Abba (yay) :rofl:
    Haha

I think he's somewhat of an acquired taste... Yeah, he's one of the 'big' musical figures. It's from the album called 'Desire'. Not listened to it myself, I have 'Bringing It All Back Home' album to listen to sometime.

ReputationRep:
    Haha

I think he's somewhat of an acquired taste... Yeah, he's one of the 'big' musical figures. It's from the album called 'Desire'. Not listened to it myself, I have 'Bringing It All Back Home' album to listen to sometime.

I think you're right there I can see why he is, but.... yeah :lol: Hmm okay then! I shall have a look tomorrow (as need to find the hard drive also :lol:)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.