The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

emma t
you are all in denial.

Sorry, you're right. I'm a whale.
hang_your_heart, You stole my idea:p: I can;t find a full length photo of me recently though. Love your boots!
Thanks, they're not actually mine though... I borrowed them for that party. In fact, apart from the belt, none of that is my clothing! I'm such a borrower
Getting 30DD boobies inside a size eight shirt doesn't work, you're right. There's definite gapage. That's why I have to buy size ten shirts that are hugely baggy around the waist, which really sucks. When I have lots of money (which isn't being spent on the stupidly expensive bras - Freya also being a main culprit) I will go and get nice shirts tailor made :p: Tops without buttons are usually okay though - although I get a bit sick of men staring at the lady lumps..mine just look as though they've been stuck on there in tight clothes, but baggy clothes make me look much larger than I am so I really can't win!

It is really frustrating that a lot of places such as Oasis do have larger cup sizes but they always start at about 32 or 34 which drives me insane - even Katie Price (who's a 30ish isn't she?) had that lingerie range that started at 32. Grr.

And I only wish losing weight made chests smaller - but when there isn't much to lose it's much harder to lose weight than if you're a bit chubby and apparently in most women it's the last place to go. :frown: I do agree with Shady though about women who require breast reductions being told to lose weight first, but I've never heard of someone with a 34 back size being told to lose weight - usually just people with 38 plus. I also saw this size eight woman who was helping in the changing rooms at House of Fraser measuring my mate and she said that she was a 30FF so I guess being skinny with a huge cup size does sometimes happen to the unfortunate few.
Reply 84
ravenous_soup_dragon
... so I guess being skinny with a huge cup size does sometimes happen to the unfortunate few.

yh it def does... the people who say it doesnt i think thats because they expect that a 30ff s the same sze in th cups a a 38ff... as in one standard ff size stuck on 2 terribly different frames!

sometimes the big sizes on small backs dont look as big so people assume that they are a C or something.
Reply 85
losing weight does make woman with larger boobs sometimes lose weight but not always
theres fat people with almost no boobs, so not everyone whos fat have big boobs
it all depends on the person
i once remember actually being critisised by a woman measuring me in m&s for being 'one on them skinny teenagers who dont eat enough' because i was something like a 28DD, i think i was only about 14 and it really upset me haha
Reply 86
emma t
lol all your answers have made me laugh, you are all in denial. face it most women with larger boobs as in dd + tend to be chubbier and that is a fact. FACE IT. how often do you see women with nice slim figures with massive natural boobs must girls have bigger boobs because they have bigger bodies,if you are all so bothered go on a diet!

Right pigeon, go fetch a tape measure.

A woman wearing a 30 inch bust (like the OP) either has a 25 or 26 inch ribcage.

Make a 25 or 26 inch loop with said tape measure.

Oh yes, obese indeed. :rolleyes:
But IT IS RARE. The average bra size in the US is 34C, and we all know that 2/3 of American women are overweight or obese. I don't see how it's possible to come to the conclusion that bigger breasts are not MUCH more common in overweight women.

The reason that Jordan and Pamela Anderson make money with their bodies is because they are RARE and hardly ever occur naturally. Few women are slim with large breasts. If you cannot understand what I'm saying, then you're just too touchy.

As for whoever posted that picture--perhaps you need to get remeasured, because you are slim but your breasts aren't actually very big. They look like mine and I'm a C.

And finally - why is everyone calling me a bitch? It's very mean and unnecessary.
Reply 88
emma t
lol all your answers have made me laugh, you are all in denial. face it most women with larger boobs as in dd + tend to be chubbier and that is a fact. FACE IT. how often do you see women with nice slim figures with massive natural boobs must girls have bigger boobs because they have bigger bodies,if you are all so bothered go on a diet!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....etc etc.

I don't think you quite understand the concept of bra sizes - a DD cup on someone with a 32 band size is the equivalent of a B cup on someone with a 38 band size (ie the boobies are the same size, just plonked on someone with a wider chest measurement & more likely 'chubbier' person) - but obviously you wouldn't say someone with 38B breasts had big breasts would you?

(Just realised this is what olibubble was explaining)

And to Thud: by size 8/10 I mean I'm a size 8/10 on the bottom half, but due to the boobs usually a size 10 on top (of course completely depends on the kind of top! - blouses or shirts are always a bit tricky...)
Reply 89
shady lane
The reason that Jordan and Pamela Anderson make money with their bodies is because they are RARE and hardly ever occur naturally. Few women are slim with large breasts. If you cannot understand what I'm saying, then you're just too touchy.

Well thankfully (or hopefully?) I don't look quite out of proportion as Jordan & Pamela Anderson....although I think they have truely ridiculously large plastic tits & are obviously willing to reveal them.

I have been told that I'm lucky to be slim with large breasts (usually by friends with smaller boobs) but really, going back to the OP's first post, it's just a pain finding good bras that fit.
shady lane
But IT IS RARE. The average bra size in the US is 34C, and we all know that 2/3 of American women are overweight or obese. I don't see how it's possible to come to the conclusion that bigger breasts are not MUCH more common in overweight women.

As for whoever posted that picture--perhaps you need to get remeasured, because you are slim but your breasts aren't actually very big. They look like mine and I'm a C.

And finally - why is everyone calling me a bitch? It's very mean and unnecessary.

Jordan and Pamela Anderson look unatural because they're extremes. They're very very skinny women with ENORMOUS boobs and they're reasonably attractive. There are other women out there like them, and even more who are not as extreme. They're not completely unrealistic - or men wouldn't like them.

I didn't and wouldn't call you a bitch as I also believe it's unnecessary. Only one person has called you it though, not "everyone".

I've never denied that a lot of people have big boobs because they're fat, but a lot DON'T. I might even allow you that the MAJORITY of women with big boobs are overweight but it's simply not true that "Few women are slim with large breasts.", as this post shows. Most young women in Britain are slim - that's certainly true at my school and quite a lot have big boobs as well. Yes, it's rare to be a G and slim, but it's not unheard of and a lot of women who are a DD aren't fat at all.

As for my boobs, it's the wonder of the top tied over - I always wear tie boleros etc. because they minimise boobs. I am a DD (well I better be with all these new bras I've been buying!) but let's not forget that a 30DD is only roughly a 34C. The photo from the side shows that they are actually quite big.
Reply 91
I wouldn't post a picture of myself, because being a size 16 on this site is a sin, and I am inherently fat, apparantly. Yes losing weight would make my boobs shrink, but I don't want to go through the process of losing weight, just to be able to buy smaller bras. I'd rather be able to have more of a choice in my size, thanks.
Reply 92
Lilian
When you lose weight it doesn't necessarily mean your bra size will change. it happens sometimes, and with dramatic weight loss then 9/10 times then yes but some people have a perfectly wonderful size or are even quite a low weight and still have large breasts.It works both ways tbh ,some people who are heavier may have smaller breasts, a lot of it is genes but dramatic weight loss can affect it. But as I said before, if someone's a good weight in the first place why should they change their weight :smile::smile:?

I only commented because she implied her size was bad and there was nothing she could do about it "because it's all in the genes". I think it's very likely, almost certain that if anyone loses a considerable amount of weight their size will inevitably decrease.
Reply 93
im a 36b

and the t-shirt bra cups are stupid they flap about and have gaps when i bend down

so i got myself down to lasenza i brought an air boost bra!! amazing and i also took out the air booster and stuck my chicken fillets in there for when i go out, perfect!!!
no chicken fillets falling out and no gaps in my bra, whohooo for the la senza, only £22 as well!! i kinda forgot to buy the matching bottoms?!! oops
Erm, 32DD is not big at all, they're prefectly normal sized boobs, just that the back size if tiny, and that's where the finding good bras problem comes from. My friend is a 30DD and her cups look like a B. So it really would fit into a size 8, she does anyway.
Adhsur
I only commented because she implied her size was bad and there was nothing she could do about it "because it's all in the genes". I think it's very likely, almost certain that if anyone loses a considerable amount of weight their size will inevitably decrease.

Although in the case of the OP (in the interests of changing to a bra size that is commonly available) she'd probably be better off putting on some weight - which will almost certainly increase her back size (and 34DD bras aren't too difficult to find) and she may well end up dropping a cup size or two in the process and end up as a 34C or similar....

Or alternatively she might benefit from trying on some 32D sized bras (which might be easier to get hold of) - unless she's already on the tightest clasp of her 30DD bras then there's a good inch or two of flexibility between back sizes.

Personally I've always had trouble finding bras because I've got really wide shoulders/back, even at my skinniest size 10 I was on the last clasp of a 36C and when I sneaked up to a size 12 I couldn't get away with anything smaller than a 38C...
I didn't realise people had such trouble..its put a whole new perspective on life :smile: I feel very lucky that i bought bras in primark..though sometimes bras cam make me look like I'm wearing a size way too big for me!

Bra sizes can decrease with weight loss but i don't think its compulsory...and women with bgger breats can be tiny! Two of my friends are super skinny but still have like size C or something...
Also, you have to remember that an E/F doesn't always look massive. I don't look like Jordan. As I'm tall I can get away with being busty.

You keep going on about how you lost 35lb. Yes, I'm sure if I lost 35lb my boobs would shrink. But, as I'm 5ft 10, if I lost 35lb I'd be 100lb. 100lb would make me ill. So, don't be so stupid.

I don't even think I look like an F cup. But, 34F is the only size which fits me properly so I can't be wrong, especially when I've been quoted that size a few times.
shady lane
Unless you are six feet tall, a 38 band size is not an average build. I myself am 5'10" with a healthy BMI and mine is a 34.

I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but I literally do not know a single person whose cup size didn't decrease with significant weight loss. I don't have any friends who have over a DD who have flat stomachs and are a healthy size. There are all at the very least a bit chubby. And I have two friends who got breast reductions, both of their doctors made them lose weight before the surgery to determine how much actually needed to be removed.
I have a few friends who are DD, ones a bit chubby, the others are slim - one of them is slimmer than me!
Lucyatthegym
Also, you have to remember that an E/F doesn't always look massive. I don't look like Jordan. As I'm tall I can get away with being busty.

You keep going on about how you lost 35lb. Yes, I'm sure if I lost 35lb my boobs would shrink. But, as I'm 5ft 10, if I lost 35lb I'd be 100lb. 100lb would make me ill. So, don't be so stupid.

I don't even think I look like an F cup. But, 34F is the only size which fits me properly so I can't be wrong, especially when I've been quoted that size a few times.

How is it possible that you are 5'10", 135lbs, and an F cup? Surely F cup breasts weigh a ton? I'm 5'10" 145lbs and my mother (a doctor) thinks I'm on the verge of looking anorexic.

Anyway, my conclusion from this thread is one of two things:
1. most of you are wearing the wrong bra size (the girl who posted pictures hasn't convinced me)
2. stores are sizing up in order to make women feel like they have massive breasts

Latest