Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chianti1)
    Thanks, that's a great help. When did you submit your application?
    I submitted on 03/12/2014, completed the test around 7th/8th and got an interview invite on the 15th. My interview isn't until the end of this month though, as I have exams up until the 24th!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chianti1)
    I'm wondering this too.

(Original post by givemegoodnews)
    How long does it take to hear back from freshfields roughly?
    I heard back about a week after I did my verbal reasoning test, and received an offer a couple of working days later - they're pretty good with being prompt. As it says on their website, they'll still be responding within 2 weeks, regardless of the inevitably large number of applications they'll have received leading up to the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    Jones day email letting me know they've requested a reference

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boing36)
    Jones day email letting me know they've requested a reference

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too - though they make it sound like they're near the end of recruiting this cycle

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Hey - I am an LPC graduate and have been applying for Vac Schemes there are some that are only open to people at certain points in their education but there are also lots that are open to people who are further on.

Brilliant! It is very reassuring to know that there are lots of others out there who have completed their undergrad/LPC and are applying for Vac Schemes.

If you don't mind me asking what kind of role are you doing at the moment? Paralegal?

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    I seem to have been very unlucky - been rejected (pre-interview) from 4 firms now! Is this usual? (No offers of an interview yet either)........

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever gone through a video interview? (Particularly for KWM) How'd you find it?

ReputationRep:
    king & wood mallesons video interview invite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waza_11)
    Brilliant! It is very reassuring to know that there are lots of others out there who have completed their undergrad/LPC and are applying for Vac Schemes.

If you don't mind me asking what kind of role are you doing at the moment? Paralegal?

:cool:
    ATM I am taking part in various work experiences (some are longer in length) at City firms, while I apply -and interview- for marketing assistant roles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howellsy)
    Anyone ever gone through a video interview? (Particularly for KWM) How'd you find it?
    I got through a video interview for CC. PM me if you want any advice.

ReputationRep:
    Just been invited to assessment day by Clifford Chance for anybody who is tracking updates.

ReputationRep:
    Video interview invite from KWM. Quite surprised as this means a) they are rolling this year unlike all previous cycles b) a new stage in their recruitment process.

Plus I have no idea how a video interview actually works.

ReputationRep:
    Do Clifford Chance not wait until after the deadline to give out interviews. That it how it has been in the previous years? Is it the summer vacation scheme you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    Just been invited to assessment day by Clifford Chance for anybody who is tracking updates.
    Congrats mate, you seem to be doing very well indeed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pakman)
    Do Clifford Chance not wait until after the deadline to give out interviews. That it how it has been in the previous years? Is it the summer vacation scheme you applied to?
    Correct me if I'm wrong (haven't applied to CC) but think the deadline has passed so it would make sense

ReputationRep:
    Got a video interview for KWM aswell! Has anyone had any experience in video interviews or completed the interview for KWM?

ReputationRep:
    Did everyone get the video invite for KWM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pakman)
    Yes, Choccy is right, the deadline has passed for CC already.

(Original post by mrlufc3131)
    Congrats mate, you seem to be doing very well indeed!
    Thanks mate! Realised I'm going to be spending a lot of time in London and not attending lectures this month!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    Congrats! When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Invited to CC AC! 😊

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.