Oxford medical applicants 2013 Watch

Butterkist123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got 7.4, 5.0 and 5A. Im just praying for an interview! Bit worried about the low S2. Will we hear by the end of November? and if we're rejected, will we be notified? ahhhh so many questions

urr..thanks for the neg?
zmsoh12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gelley)
I got exactly the same BMAT, but with my 5.3 in section one and my 5 in section 2! got 100% *s too.... Be interesting to see if we get an interview, I think that it could be very close indeed!
haha! I scored the same as you! but 2.5B for S3.real shock that was. Hope I stand a chance...
Butterkist123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Also, does anyone know the formula to work out like your percentage..?
Pronk
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ugh, got 4.4, 5, 3A. Would my 10A* at GCSE balance this out? What are my chances of being short listed for interview do you think? I've applied to St Annes....
Larry31
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If it makes you guys feel any better I completely failed with 3.7, 4.6 and 4.5A xD One less applicant to compete against
hedgemonkey
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
so disappointed 6.7, 5, 3.5B. i think good bye oxford. hey i see i have recd a negative rating for this. some sort of joke is it
salsharifi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Larry31)
If it makes you guys feel any better I completely failed with 3.7, 4.6 and 4.5A xD One less applicant to compete against
Nevertheless you should be very proud of your S3 score! It's not easy to write a good essay in that horrific exam
Larry31
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by salsharifi)
Nevertheless you should be very proud of your S3 score! It's not easy to write a good essay in that horrific exam
You're right, and I really am proud of S3, it's just a shame that my S1 was so awful xD The sad thing is that I'm sure that I would've been able to do more questions than I did, but with the time restraints I had to guess so many...evidently I am a terrible guesser xD
salsharifi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You're right, and I really am proud of S3, it's just a shame that my S1 was so awful xD The sad thing is that I'm sure that I would've been able to do more questions than I did, but with the time restraints I had to guess so many...evidently I am a terrible guesser xD
Yes but remember it's not representative of your ability ... or at least I don't think so. The BMAT this year was nothing short of ridiculous. I guessed 50% of my answers if not more, so I feel like I do not deserve my score.

Oxford isn't the be all and end all anyway!
Larry31
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes but remember it's not representative of your ability ... or at least I don't think so. The BMAT this year was nothing short of ridiculous. I guessed 50% of my answers if not more, so I feel like I do not deserve my score.

Thank you to be honest I do actually feel a bit better knowing that I won't have to go through the interview process :P I just want to study Medicine and to be fair, I expect I am better suited to the courses at my other choices Good luck to you though in your application and to everyone who managed to pull a decent score out of that beast of a BMAT :P
Pronk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
WELL DONE for S3!!!

I guessed around 70% of my answers and my scores came out as bang on average. I was expecting much lower but still not sure it's good enough for an interview at Ox. I guess it shows that things like this all come down to chance...
salsharifi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you to be honest I do actually feel a bit better knowing that I won't have to go through the interview process :P I just want to study Medicine and to be fair, I expect I am better suited to the courses at my other choices Good luck to you though in your application and to everyone who managed to pull a decent score out of that beast of a BMAT :P
There you go, something good to come out of this! Now you can focus fully on your other unis. Remember, any offer for medicine is something to be really proud of and you have to be a clever cloggs to get into absolutely any medical school. Best of luck!!!

(Original post by Pronk)
I guessed around 70% of my answers and my scores came out as bang on average. I was expecting much lower but still not sure it's good enough for an interview at Ox. I guess it shows that things like this all come down to chance...
Well the distribution of results has definitely shifted downwards this year so don't lose hope. And remember if your % A* at GCSE is high that is equally as important. Yeah the BMAT is very unfair in my opinion and shouldn't be so significant in shortlisting applicants, but there's Oxford for ya...
Pronk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There you go, something good to come out of this! Now you can focus fully on your other unis. Remember, any offer for medicine is something to be really proud of and you have to be a clever cloggs to get into absolutely any medical school. Best of luck!!!

Well the distribution of results has definitely shifted downwards this year so don't lose hope. And remember if your % A* at GCSE is high that is equally as important. Yeah the BMAT is very unfair in my opinion and shouldn't be so significant in shortlisting applicants, but there's Oxford for ya...
I have 100% A* but I go to a stupid independent school so Oxford probably won't take that into too much consideration because the average of A* at my school is pretty high anyway Oh well. I just need to hope....
Danshu321
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by marty_smartie)
I don't know where I stand with 5.9 5.9 3A but on the website they say they'll write by the end of november. In case save the dates... 9-10 or 11-12 december ^^
Hi, on the Ox website they said the interview dates is either between noon 9th to 2pm 10th or noon 10th to 2pm 11th. Where did you get the date of 12th please? I got an interview from Leicester on the 12th. Really worried if it will be the same day... Thanks
Larry31
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Pronk)
x

x
Cheers guys Best of luck for your applications! I'm rooting for ya!
KerryMan
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi Guys.

So my results are awful, but I did have pretty serious extenuating circumstances, I had a very serious family bereavement on the day before the BMAT and I had sit it and go to a funeral on the same day. I let Oxford know, I just think I could've done so much better..

S1: 4.4
S2: 2.8
S3: 4B

What's the procedure for extenuating circumstances? I just really hope I can get an interview to show that I'm better than this..
marty_smartie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Danshu321)
Hi, on the Ox website they said the interview dates is either between noon 9th to 2pm 10th or noon 10th to 2pm 11th. Where did you get the date of 12th please? I got an interview from Leicester on the 12th. Really worried if it will be the same day... Thanks
my mistake it's on the 11th ^^
Danshu321
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by marty_smartie)
my mistake it's on the 11th ^^
Thank you!
CalJennings
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm just wondering how oxford view mitigating circumstances.. I had bone cancer during my gcse years missing most of year 10 and over half of year 11. I achieved 7A*, 3As, 1B, 1C. With A* in maths and 3 sciences. I achieve 4As at As too.

I know oxford take your percentage A* which puts mine less than 60%. Will my circumstances have any bearing on this?
tissue_26
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CalJennings)
I'm just wondering how oxford view mitigating circumstances.. I had bone cancer during my gcse years missing most of year 10 and over half of year 11. I achieved 7A*, 3As, 1B, 1C. With A* in maths and 3 sciences. I achieve 4As at As too.

I know oxford take your percentage A* which puts mine less than 60%. Will my circumstances have any bearing on this?
Wow...that's amazing! So much respect for you
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?