The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by particlestudent
He got the same inequalities as me but he wrote them separately. I'm asking you why we had to write them separately?

Even i got same ineq. But from graph see the shaded region its not together but seperate so had to write it seperately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
You mean you used d=0?
There's nothing wrong with that at all, and I'm sure you'd get the marks if you got 80

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes, thats what I mean. I just thought it might be a "silly" method.
Original post by usmanzubair
Even i got same ineq. But from graph see the shaded region its not together but seperate so had to write it seperately.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh crap.

I guess that's an answer mark gone.
70/75 :smile: happy :biggrin:
MashaAllah

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the same, hopefully it will be over 90% and then I'll only need a B in stats haha-Stat's is the worst module out of m1,C2,C1,d1,d2 and fp1
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions.

I didn't think it was an 'easy' paper, quite a few questions with tricky parts.

Expect average(ish) boundaries.

Could I have done x=log(base2)(1/8)?
And do you think these boundaries will be higher/lower than last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Could I have done x=log(base2)(1/8)?
And do you think these boundaries will be higher/lower than last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. Nothing wrong with that.

Grade boundaries will probably be a bit lower.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On Q7b, how many marks would one lose for not doing anything after finding the two values for y?
Oh crap.

I guess that's an answer mark gone.

Same here :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jack Xerxes
On Q7b, how many marks would one lose for not doing anything after finding the two values for y?

Probably two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 129
Check assisttutor.com for unofficial mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 130
Original post by Krollo
Yes. Nothing wrong with that.

Grade boundaries will probably be a bit lower.

Posted from TSR Mobile

whats you predictions?
60 - A
54 - B are mine
yours?
Original post by naxiv
whats you predictions?
60 - A
54 - B are mine
yours?

Marginally higher. I'm saying 61-62 for an A. You look about right with the B though imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully 74/75 is 100UMS
Wouldn't it be k=12 if n=11
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431523170.060858.jpg
I don't understand, my inequalities are exactly the same as Arsey's just together.:confused:

3-2sqrt2>p>3+2sqrt2

Isn't that the same as p<3-2sqrt2 and p>3+2sqrt2????

I tried to draw it to kinda explain. Don't worry you probably lost a mark at most.
Original post by NotNotBatman
Same, I'm really disappointed since I accidentally missed one of the questions (lost 4 marks) and made silly mistakes that I wouldn't normally make.

:frown: exactly
Reply 136
DAM for the factorising question i multiplied by - to get a positive 4xsquared, to make it easer to factorise and then used all those values for drawing the graphs!!!! HOW MANY MARKS WILL I LOSE!?!?!?!?
Original post by Krollo
Marginally higher. I'm saying 61-62 for an A. You look about right with the B though imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The way i think i got 61 or 62....
In Q6 in the differentiation, I wrote the first term as 2x^3/x then said it is 2x^-3 instead of 1/2x^-3... This led to me doing all of the 10 mark question wrong due to this one little mistake. Will I lose many marks? Will I get follow through marks if my method is right? :frown:((
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Yousf
DAM for the factorising question i multiplied by - to get a positive 4xsquared, to make it easer to factorise and then used all those values for drawing the graphs!!!! HOW MANY MARKS WILL I LOSE!?!?!?!?

I use to do that a lot but then i realised it has to be equal to something for that to work :/ you'll get all the marks up until that error

Latest

Trending

Trending