The Student Room Group

EPQ and Psychology Spec

Hi, i was thinking of titling my EPQ along the lines of "Is social media contributing to a loneliness epidemic?"

I imagine i might have to touch on Virtual Relationships and maybe parasocial relationships. Both of which fall in the A Level spec as:

Virtual relationships in social media: self-disclosure in virtual relationships; effects of absence
of gating on the nature of virtual relationships.
Parasocial relationships: levels of parasocial relationships, the absorption addiction model
and the attachment theory explanation.

Would this still be a good topic or does it skirt too close on the lines of being part of the alevel specification? Thanks :smile:
Original post by p4rallax
Hi, i was thinking of titling my EPQ along the lines of "Is social media contributing to a loneliness epidemic?"

I imagine i might have to touch on Virtual Relationships and maybe parasocial relationships. Both of which fall in the A Level spec as:

Virtual relationships in social media: self-disclosure in virtual relationships; effects of absence
of gating on the nature of virtual relationships.
Parasocial relationships: levels of parasocial relationships, the absorption addiction model
and the attachment theory explanation.

Would this still be a good topic or does it skirt too close on the lines of being part of the alevel specification? Thanks :smile:

It probably isn't worth the risk. As it seems you go into them in quite some detail, it could be quite difficult to avoid including it into your EPQ.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
It probably isn't worth the risk. As it seems you go into them in quite some detail, it could be quite difficult to avoid including it into your EPQ.

I was thinking the same tbh, but I've got some other ideas that aren't specifically mentioned in the spec - regardless, thanks for answering!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending