The Student Room Group

Assesmets at university

I am studying at Arden university and I am thinking about my assignments experience at this uni, in. Past 4 assessment which was online submission or time constraints assignment I found questions to answer difficult to understand like they were moderated by someone who does not know the topic or area of expertise to ask questions correctly, also we found mistakes in calculations on a, b, c,d or the same question under one assessment like q.4 and 13 was the same... I read guildlines for assessment they are prepared by module leader and then changes are done by moderator then should be again check if correct, it's looks like it's not...
Also what is happening we have to reflect on feedback but there is no feedback as we getting results like
Part 1.
Questions 1-30 = 30 marks ( 15 X 2points)
Part 2
0 - no answer
This way grading is send via email to student from general student support email, no attachment of your submission to see where is the missing 15 points from 30 questions how can we know what was wrong if there is no attachment of document submitted?
Is this a normal practice at all university?
I changed uni and course I remember from 2019 at different uni I was getting back my submission with comments from the marker and the mark was visible online on platform.
My last feedback from assessment also contains comment that you should attend class more when marker and marked person is annoymous this comment should not be there or person check student number to make that comment, I was graded much lower then I expected as theories been included , structure had content page, introduction, main body, conclusion and no comments on reference that anything was not right, I got the feedback that lack of details most each question but main tasks been done correctly and I did from my point higher then 33 % also no originally submitted assesmets attached so to be honest how can I be sure is the comments for my assesmets.
I asked for clarification on grades and feedback with what I did wrong on 1st one mentioned but I am still waiting.
Is this normal practice to send feedback without attached work submitted by student ??
What could i do with all mine concerns about mistakes and not clearly set expectations for answer on questions, as this is not possible to guess. Or not clear criteria for meeting learning outcome.
Any advice?
Thank you,
Angelika
Original post by angelikal89len
I am studying at Arden university and I am thinking about my assignments experience at this uni, in. Past 4 assessment which was online submission or time constraints assignment I found questions to answer difficult to understand like they were moderated by someone who does not know the topic or area of expertise to ask questions correctly, also we found mistakes in calculations on a, b, c,d or the same question under one assessment like q.4 and 13 was the same... I read guildlines for assessment they are prepared by module leader and then changes are done by moderator then should be again check if correct, it's looks like it's not...
Also what is happening we have to reflect on feedback but there is no feedback as we getting results like
Part 1.
Questions 1-30 = 30 marks ( 15 X 2points)
Part 2
0 - no answer
This way grading is send via email to student from general student support email, no attachment of your submission to see where is the missing 15 points from 30 questions how can we know what was wrong if there is no attachment of document submitted?
Is this a normal practice at all university?
I changed uni and course I remember from 2019 at different uni I was getting back my submission with comments from the marker and the mark was visible online on platform.
My last feedback from assessment also contains comment that you should attend class more when marker and marked person is annoymous this comment should not be there or person check student number to make that comment, I was graded much lower then I expected as theories been included , structure had content page, introduction, main body, conclusion and no comments on reference that anything was not right, I got the feedback that lack of details most each question but main tasks been done correctly and I did from my point higher then 33 % also no originally submitted assesmets attached so to be honest how can I be sure is the comments for my assesmets.
I asked for clarification on grades and feedback with what I did wrong on 1st one mentioned but I am still waiting.
Is this normal practice to send feedback without attached work submitted by student ??
What could i do with all mine concerns about mistakes and not clearly set expectations for answer on questions, as this is not possible to guess. Or not clear criteria for meeting learning outcome.
Any advice?
Thank you,
Angelika

Do you need help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending