The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

"Hey, i applies to Edinburgh as well congrats mate!
When did you send out your application out of curiosity."

Well, rather early - the 15th of September
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1421
How many offers do you think they give out in relations to places?

For example Government last/this year however you want to see it, has/have 33 students studying the course. But how many offers do you think LSE gave out for this course? Including those who didn't make their offer and those who for some bizarre reasons went to other institutions.
edward27

For example Government last/this year however you want to see it, has/have 33 students studying the course. But how many offers do you think LSE gave out for this course? Including those who didn't make their offer and those who for some bizarre reasons went to other institutions.

3 offers per place as an average at LSE courses (this is what an admissions tutor told us in a talk). However, the ratio of offers to places will presumably vary quite significantly from subject to subject. There may only be a small number of applicants given offers in excess to the number of available places on oversubscribed courses and vice versa.
edward27

Wouldn't be sure, I think it would differ a lot between courses depening how strong LSE is at it compared to other institutions etc. I've been trying to find a statistic on this but I can't.
Reply 1424
Just received my confirmation email!

To run with the fashion, I may as well ask the annoying questions.

Does this mean I have been accepted?

What are my chances of getting an offer based on this email?!?

Lol.
tomoli

Lol.

it's just the welcome letter.
like ucas welcome letter.
it doesnt MEAN ANYTHING
tomoli

Lol.

Confirmation email acknowledging receipt of your application, or confirmation that you have been accepted onto the course?

If the former is true, then you have just joined the ranks of the 'LSE applicants wanting to get an offer' group. Welcome my friend to a life of anticipation and obsessively checking Track. Nobody here would be able to able to tell you about the chances of an offer - it's all in the hands of the admissions tutors. All I can say is good luck.

If you mean the latter option though, WOW!
I think, (and hope), he was just joking.
I hate to suggest we will be waiting even longer, but i did get an email saying

"we will make a final decision on your application once we have assessed and compared all high quality applications received by the UCAS deadline of 15 January 2009 against each other"

i had assumed this was automated...i got it on14/11/08
Reply 1429
rosa.s.

"we will make a final decision on your application once we have assessed and compared all high quality applications received by the UCAS deadline of 15 January 2009 against each other"

The email...wait till amar09 reads your post haha!
Yeah we ended up discussing this email and analysing it and came to no conclusion :p:
What course u applying for?
Reply 1430
^^
I suppose its understandable. We can't expect newcomers to read the whole thread....there are 72 pages and counting!:eek
amar09
^^
I suppose its understandable. We can't expect newcomers to read the whole thread....there are 72 pages and counting!:eek

And there are another four months to go yet!
Reply 1432
Economist1
And there are another four months to go yet!

Yep. Its very VERY early days yet.
amar09
Yep. Its very VERY early days yet.

Another bright side to my early rejection: I can amuse myself with the trepidation and anxiety of all of you. :p:
rosa.s.

That's a short list e-mail I think.
Roundabout
Another bright side to my early rejection: I can amuse myself with the trepidation and anxiety of all of you. :p:

Evil!...although I've got to say, I'd do exactly the same thing if I'd have been rejected today :p:
ajp100688
Evil!...although I've got to say, I'd do exactly the same thing if I'd have been rejected today :p:

lol I'm just joking though. Best of luck to all of you! :smile:
Roundabout I really don't understand why you were rejected your IB scores are basically perfect?!
Roundabout
lol I'm just joking though. Best of luck to all of you! :smile:

Roundabout, can I just say that of all people, I didn't expect it would be you with the rejection! :frown:
Good luck everywhere else, maybe I'll see you in UCL or elsewhere next year :smile:
swingin_yoyo
Roundabout I really don't understand why you were rejected your IB scores are basically perfect?!

:smile: It's not all about the grades, and in this case it most likely wasn't. I'm growing increasingly suspicious of my reference and its possible mention of my suitability for a management programme. Other than that the reference was stellar.

However, my PS might not have been what they were looking for. I made it a little bit more original, and my PS helper on TSR urged me to change it, even though my IB coordinator (done the job for 15 years) said it was fantastic. I had a really hard time deciding whether to believe an unknown person on TSR or to trust my coordinator's experience, and I ended up making only very slight modifications.

Do you think I should ask for feedback?

yodude888
Roundabout, can I just say that of all people, I didn't expect it would be you with the rejection! :frown:
Good luck everywhere else, maybe I'll see you in UCL or elsewhere next year :smile:

Thanks, and good luck to you too! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending