The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
Original post by pippit
Seeing as my orientation is towards the end of January I would estimate that my FSAC day may be in February at the latest?

Could anyone that had an orientation day shed some light as to how long the dates were in-between the orientation and actual FSAC? Many thanks!

Hi, my orientation was scheduled for the beginning of December but i couldnt attend and my FSAC is booked in for 27th of Feb, so quite a gap
Original post by GManTheGMan
Once you leave the scheme, you can apply for any job you like.

DaT jobs vary widely between technical/project-related/policy etc. Currently you undertake 4 6-month placements (including one outside government) and then return to one of those departments for a year. There is an optional 4th year for trainees with identified leadership potential. Currently those finishing after 3 years go into an SEO role, and those finishing after 4 years go into a grade 7 role.

Thanks. Any idea how many places there were for DaT last year and how many got accepted?
Original post by Whiiii
Contacted by my first choice department about a week or so ago, I'm on the economic analyst stream if that helps. I imagine that different departments are quicker or slower depending on certain things, for some reason my email from the GES said that my department would contact me in a few days/weeks but they beat them to it.

There's usually a carry-over of vacancies for the economist stream so they tend to be faster than the other streams to place, if you are available for immediate start.
What is the orientation session? I have received an invite to FSAC but heard nothing about an orientation session...?
Got my FSAC invite for the 17th Feb, it's literally the perfect date as I live abroad and was planning to be back in the UK that week anyway, so I'm really pleased!

I'm also looking forward to asking about the DS option of the EFS as there is hardly any info available online .. would be nice to know what I've actually applied for! :smile:
Original post by Hot Sauce
What is the orientation session? I have received an invite to FSAC but heard nothing about an orientation session...?

It's for candidates who may require adjustments or have special considerations to take into account.

Original post by jamal_azizi
Thanks. Any idea how many places there were for DaT last year and how many got accepted?

About 50. I'm not sure how many reached FSAC or FSB.
Original post by PCQ1
Hi, my orientation was scheduled for the beginning of December but i couldnt attend and my FSAC is booked in for 27th of Feb, so quite a gap

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1567
FSAC 6th January - getting close now! :eek: Anyone else there on that date?
I am also on 6th Jan! Very excited.
Me too guys - 6th Jan
Anyone here studying for a graduate degree right now while applying for the fast stream?
Original post by CanadianBeaver
Anyone here studying for a graduate degree right now while applying for the fast stream?

I am doing a postgrad degree!
I didn't pass the e-Tray unfortunately. Does anyone have any advice on how to (or not) approach this task?
Reply 1573
Original post by The_Lilac_Dane
I didn't pass the e-Tray unfortunately. Does anyone have any advice on how to (or not) approach this task?

I found the practice etray extremely helpful - gave me a good idea of the kind of responses the system was looking for, even though they did not seem logical to me at times... And make sure you don't overthink it, I lost a lot of time on a couple of questions where I tried to double guess myself.

Do you have any ideas on where it could have gone wrong for you?
Original post by lilys
I found the practice etray extremely helpful - gave me a good idea of the kind of responses the system was looking for, even though they did not seem logical to me at times... And make sure you don't overthink it, I lost a lot of time on a couple of questions where I tried to double guess myself.

Do you have any ideas on where it could have gone wrong for you?

Yeah, I did that and found it quite helpful. Did you do any other preparation? Trying to take in all the information wasn't easy. They told me I got 68% for the e-tray, although they wouldn't divulge the pass mark, it's difficult to see how I could get much higher without fine tuning/hands-on experience of a similar role.
Reply 1575
Original post by The_Lilac_Dane
Yeah, I did that and found it quite helpful. Did you do any other preparation? Trying to take in all the information wasn't easy. They told me I got 68% for the e-tray, although they wouldn't divulge the pass mark, it's difficult to see how I could get much higher without fine tuning/hands-on experience of a similar role.

Hi,
I believe the pass marks vary not only from one stream to another but also within the same stream as well. May I ask which stream you have applied for?
Original post by hq1
Hi,
I believe the pass marks vary not only from one stream to another but also within the same stream as well. May I ask which stream you have applied for?

I went in for the generalist FS, Houses of Parliament first choice. What about you?
Reply 1577
Mine was commercial and I have got my assessment on 26th.
Reply 1578
Hi,

Iv been lurking on this thread for a while and was wondering if any of you had received your FSAC feedback; fyi had my assesment centre in early December and heard back with a positive response 2/3 days later.

thanks
Thought I should de-lurk to say thanks to everyone who has contributed to the thread, it's been so useful to read through.

Good luck to all those whose FSAC is coming up! Anyone else got theirs on Feb 19th?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending