The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Freshers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Shazz94
Judging by what people have been saying, I doubt anyone has gotten one yet. I know I haven't. Don't worry about it mate it'll get here when it gets here, till then just enjoy your summer! What course you taking?

Computer science BSc. You? I'm also hoping to live on campus, don't know if I've said that already.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 141
Original post by Yoachim
Computer science BSc. You? I'm also hoping to live on campus, don't know if I've said that already.

Computer Science with a foundation year. Yeah I would've loved to live in accommodation, sadly I live in London so got denied straight away :frown:
Reply 142
Original post by Rish01
I'm doing Bsc (econ) geography so we've probably got some moduals together i know of one other guy doing geography as well :smile:

Most people it seems are in the same position (not knowing anyone going to QM) maybe we should start a Facebook group so everyone can get to know each other? or to organize a pre-freshers meet up for anyone whose interested?

We've already organised an event on the 2nd of September so we can get to know people because we are all in the same position...if anyone is interested to come along just message me directly on this or add me on fb
facebook.com/emily.hidalgo.31

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rish01
I'm doing Bsc (econ) geography so we've probably got some moduals together i know of one other guy doing geography as well :smile:

Most people it seems are in the same position (not knowing anyone going to QM) maybe we should start a Facebook group so everyone can get to know each other? or to organize a pre-freshers meet up for anyone whose interested?

That's a goood idea, would be nice to meet a few people beforehand. What's the date for everyone to move in, is it the 14th or 15th? xx
Reply 144
Original post by Yoachim
I got two emails with this sort of title > [h="1"]QMUL Offer & Accommodation (ref: 130...[/h]
Somewhere in the middle it said once you have read through all that, please click on the link below.

I can try and link it for you. https://residencesonline.qmul.ac.uk/

You just need your password and reference number. I'd call if I were you, I think I need to call too.

Thank you! :smile: which uni were you hoping to get into?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jacquettab
hey i'm doing psychology too! if you go to the rahere court unite accommodation that's where i'm staying too! i'm in halls with a female postgrad that i haven't met so if you apply you can join me haha

hey i'm actually staying at Quantum Court as being a queen mary student you get a surprisingly low rent and its only 9 minutes away from rahere court and mile end! haha aw im living with 5 other 1st years at qm.
dont suppose anyones in flat 105 at quantum court are they ? :P
Reply 147
Oh man :frown: I knew I should have booked Quantum court whilst there were rooms in the hall with all the first years haha. Ah wells, guess I'll be living somewhere else then

Sooo is it worth signing up for Facebook? Are there any QM groups where you can meet others on your course and stuff?
Reply 148
Original post by razia
Hi

This thread seems to be full of computer science students (which makes sense I guess, since they are computer people :smile: )
I'm doing Biochemistry, I can't seem to see anyone doing biochemistry here o_0

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I am doing biochemistry :smile: Do you have accommodation already ?
Anyone doing Theatre and Film studies ? Also does anyone know where I can buy a freshers ticket ?
Reply 150
Original post by Ullische

Hey, I am doing biochemistry :smile: Do you have accommodation already ?

Heyy
I'll be staying at home because I live pretty close to the uni. Where are you coming from? I presume you'll be looking for accommodation? :smile:
Reply 151
Original post by Yoachim
I got two emails with this sort of title > [h="1"]QMUL Offer & Accommodation (ref: 130...[/h]
Somewhere in the middle it said once you have read through all that, please click on the link below.

I can try and link it for you. https://residencesonline.qmul.ac.uk/

You just need your password and reference number. I'd call if I were you, I think I need to call too.

I got the email today and applied for accommodation! fingers crossed! :smile:
Reply 152
Original post by angelgirlabz
Hey:smile: I'm in the same shoes, but I find that it's not too awkward, even if you don't drink :smile:

have you got accomodation or are you commuting? :smile: Also...where on earth are these fresher tickets being sold? o_O

hey :biggrin: what subject are you taking btw??

i have got accomodation..i live in birmingham so its like 2 hours away xD what about you? they are being sold out on the student union site ^^
Reply 153
Original post by angelgirlabz
Hey:smile: I'm in the same shoes, but I find that it's not too awkward, even if you don't drink :smile:

have you got accomodation or are you commuting? :smile: Also...where on earth are these fresher tickets being sold? o_O

http://www.qmul.ac.uk/studentinduction/first-weeks/what's-on-welcome-week/index.html
Here is the link to all the things that are happening on welcome week. I got an email with my student Id and password so I've done my pre enrolment. I need to print it out and take it for enrolment on September.

http://www.qmsu.org/fresherstickets/
Here's the link to the freshers tickets.
Are there freshers tickets left or are they sold out?
Reply 155
Who will be living in France house near room 37A? Anyone doing history?
Reply 156
Original post by thelion0
Anyone for mechanical engineering?

right here looking forward to iy how about you?
Reply 157
Original post by Hispanic
Hi guys, just thought it'd be great to start a thread for all new students coming to Queen Mary this year to have a nice chat ahead of Fresher's Week. No one I know is going there so I'm left meeting new people :colondollar:. If you are in a similar situation just feel free to message me :wink:. I'll be doing Genetics. Anyone else starting a course this September?

how can I get admission in MSc web technology. Is B.tech computer Science efficient?
Original post by roziebang
hey :biggrin: what subject are you taking btw??

i have got accomodation..i live in birmingham so its like 2 hours away xD what about you? they are being sold out on the student union site ^^

I'm taking maths, you? :smile:

Nice, which house did you get? :smile: I decided to commute in the end, it's an hour if I have only 1 change or oddly 45 mins with two O_o Which I don't really understand! lol!
Original post by razia
http://www.qmul.ac.uk/studentinduction/first-weeks/what's-on-welcome-week/index.html
Here is the link to all the things that are happening on welcome week. I got an email with my student Id and password so I've done my pre enrolment. I need to print it out and take it for enrolment on September.

http://www.qmsu.org/fresherstickets/
Here's the link to the freshers tickets.

Ah, thank you! Do we have to pre-enrol? had no idea...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending