The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NatalieUK
Thank you! Also does anybody know if real world applications count as IDA points?

Yes they do :smile:
Sorry for the double post but would anybody mind marking my aggression essay?

I don't think my teachers marking is very correct as she would most often mark my work as 100% however at AS I only got a low B and low A, I think she marks my work as if it is a lot better than it actually is! I'd really appreciate it just so I know what level I'm at currently!

Also how strictly do you keep to the 600 word guideline with a 8+16 mark question?

I don't stick to the guideline at all, no one in my class has gotten a high grade by sticking to it and my teacher is an examiner
Original post by A-LJLB
I don't stick to the guideline at all, no one in my class has gotten a high grade by sticking to it and my teacher is an examiner

Oh my gosh, my teacher tells us it's one of the most important thing to not go over 600 words! :K: How many words do you write on average? Now I'm really worried for this exam!
Oh my gosh, my teacher tells us it's one of the most important thing to not go over 600 words! :K: How many words do you write on average? Now I'm really worried for this exam!

Just under 1000 normally... That way I can explain everything thoroughly and still get some decent amount of evaluation! I'm surprised by that.
Original post by A-LJLB
Just under 1000 normally... That way I can explain everything thoroughly and still get some decent amount of evaluation! I'm surprised by that.

That makes more sense! I always find I have to cut out important points to get it down to 600 words. Thanks so much for all your help!!
That makes more sense! I always find I have to cut out important points to get it down to 600 words. Thanks so much for all your help!!

No problem sweet, good luck!:h:
I got a question
If a questions asks for 'describe and evaluate 2 theories of…'
Can I have 2 a03 for just one theory or do I have to split the a03 (1 for each theory)
Also, if I'm evaluating for this question can I have for example 4 a02 for one theory and 1 ao2 for the other. Or would I have to split it equally
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry for the double post but would anybody mind marking my aggression essay?

I don't think my teachers marking is very correct as she would most often mark my work as 100% however at AS I only got a low B and low A, I think she marks my work as if it is a lot better than it actually is! I'd really appreciate it just so I know what level I'm at currently!

Also how strictly do you keep to the 600 word guideline with a 8+16 mark question?

I have model answers to which i can compare your work with, if you want me to mark it id be happy to!
Hi I'm so stuck on the inferential tests in research methods! We was told you don't need to know how to do them just when to use them but do you need to know how to calculate the observed and critical values? If you do how do you do that? Pls help :redface:
Original post by phoebecushion
Hi I'm so stuck on the inferential tests in research methods! We was told you don't need to know how to do them just when to use them but do you need to know how to calculate the observed and critical values? If you do how do you do that? Pls help :redface:

No you don't need to know how to calculate anything, you just need to know whether there is a significant difference or not by looking at the critical and calculated values
Reply 150
How many studies should you include in a single psya3 essay?
Original post by Naveed Rahman
I have model answers to which i can compare your work with, if you want me to mark it id be happy to!

Ah thank you so so much you're a lifesaver! I'll PM it to you now!
Original post by jra97
How many studies should you include in a single psya3 essay?

I aim for at least 4, that's plenty :smile:
For genetic factors in aggression is anybody writing about the XXY chromosome?
For genetic factors in aggression is anybody writing about the XXY chromosome?

Me :h:
Original post by A-LJLB
No you don't need to know how to calculate anything, you just need to know whether there is a significant difference or not by looking at the critical and calculated values

Okay thanks! Do they give you the values or do you have to calculate them yourselves??
Okay thanks! Do they give you the values or do you have to calculate them yourselves??

They'll give you the values :smile:
Original post by A-LJLB
They'll give you the values :smile:

Thanks:smile: when you say they give you the values do you mean they'll literally say this is the observed and this is the critical or do they give you tables of results and you have to work them out from that?
Reply 158
I'm currently writing around 1100-1200 words per 8+16 essay, is that too much to write in the exam considering time conditions?
Thanks:smile: when you say they give you the values do you mean they'll literally say this is the observed and this is the critical or do they give you tables of results and you have to work them out from that?

In my mock it was a spearman' stank and it gave you the observed value and then in the table it gave all the critical values at 0.01 and 0.05 significance. You had to look at the appropriate row for the number of participants in the study and down the 0.05 significance column, as that the normal significance level set.

Latest

Trending

Trending