Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    How long did your references take to submit their references? I am thinking of applying on the 18th December but I am thinking of asking my references to start writing their references from now so we I am done they can submit their references asap.
    Mine were really fast, within 2 hours. But I had pre-empted the fact they'd be busy and emailed to tell them I was starting the application, then emailed again to say I'd sent it and they'd need to do their part. And prior to that, about 1 month, I emailed to remind them again that I was applying. hahaha! I email whored myself out :P

I think that's a good idea, you can't be over prepared and relying on someone else is really stressful. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_cook92)
    I've applied to Canterbury too! When is the interview date?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mine is Wednesday 4th, but I think they are doing a lot! There are so many hoops to jump through too that I'm just going to give it a shot- I really don't think I'll get in. Have you heard back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madl24903)
    Which Uni?!
    Northampton

ReputationRep:
    First reference in.. Second supposedly doing theirs today..
    fingers crossed I can submit my form today! Hurrah! Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Final reference will be done, by the end if the week apparently, finally getting it sent off.. Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Is it Cumbria a nice city? Is accommodation cheap? How are the locals? Asking you this because I need to add a third uni choice to my ucas app.
    The Cumbria uni campus is actually in Lancaster, not Cumbria. I don't know if you've been to Lancaster but it's pretty nice. Accommodation is average for a student city, maybe 60-70 a week. Locals are friendly.

In terms of the work exp you quoted me about, I did it like this for example-
    Brown high school, brown road. 7/5/2013-13/5/2013. Observation of years 7-11.

I just did that for each one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was panicking that my second referee hadn't sent her reference through and I just called her and she has never received it! I have just changed the email address for her to another of her email addresses and she got it whilst I was still on the phone to her!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsVictoria)
    Mine is Wednesday 4th, but I think they are doing a lot! There are so many hoops to jump through too that I'm just going to give it a shot- I really don't think I'll get in. Have you heard back?
    I've just got an email from them and I've got an interview on the same day as you, I need to start preparing for the presentation! Have you taken your skills tests yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying to find out the interview dates for unis I've applied for as I might have to travel for work in December - so if anyone has applied to Goldsmiths, at the moment it's looking like interviews will be on these dates... just in case you wanted to know!

Current interview dates are 10th December, 16th-20th December, 7th, 8th, 14th, 23rd and 31st January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r275)
    I've been trying to find out the interview dates for unis I've applied for as I might have to travel for work in December - so if anyone has applied to Goldsmiths, at the moment it's looking like interviews will be on these dates... just in case you wanted to know!

Current interview dates are 10th December, 16th-20th December, 7th, 8th, 14th, 23rd and 31st January.
    Thank you so much for finding this out!!! Where did you find this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_cook92)
    I've just got an email from them and I've got an interview on the same day as you, I need to start preparing for the presentation! Have you taken your skills tests yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've just started looking into my presentation. Stressing over flights at the moment. I don't have high hopes for my interview but am so glad I got a chance.
    I took the skills test last year and got my English. I'm going to my maths once/if I get an offer. Have you? Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsVictoria)
    I've just started looking into my presentation. Stressing over flights at the moment. I don't have high hopes for my interview but am so glad I got a chance.
    I took the skills test last year and got my English. I'm going to my maths once/if I get an offer. Have you? Good luck
    Oh ok, where are you at the moment then? Try to think positively you'll be fine I've got mine booked for Monday so hopefully I pass them ready for Wednesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, just had the most stressful night's sleep. I put applications into Sunderland University, Redcar & Cleveland SCITT, and Oxford Brookes. I was daydreaming about interviews before I dozed off and decided to google how each university interviewed people (silly, I know). Looked up Sunderland first because I like it the most, and realised I'd somehow missed the fact that applicants 'must have at least 50% of their degree in a National Curriculum subject'. Started panicking and trying to find another uni to apply to within travelling distance but was having very little luck (I don't fancy my chances applying to Durham).

Luckily just rang Sunderland to double check that they don't accept my degree, and they've said to definitely put an application in anyway. So I've stopped worrying so much. What an emotional rollercoaster this whole process is! I've also emailed my secondary referee to check that she's received the email after so many people here have had problems... not going to contact my principle referee yet because I know he has a ton of PGCE apps to wade through, but will be emailing him soon too if I don't hear back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    Oh god, just had the most stressful night's sleep. I put applications into Sunderland University, Redcar & Cleveland SCITT, and Oxford Brookes. I was daydreaming about interviews before I dozed off and decided to google how each university interviewed people (silly, I know). Looked up Sunderland first because I like it the most, and realised I'd somehow missed the fact that applicants 'must have at least 50% of their degree in a National Curriculum subject'. Started panicking and trying to find another uni to apply to within travelling distance but was having very little luck (I don't fancy my chances applying to Durham).

Luckily just rang Sunderland to double check that they don't accept my degree, and they've said to definitely put an application in anyway. So I've stopped worrying so much. What an emotional rollercoaster this whole process is! I've also emailed my secondary referee to check that she's received the email after so many people here have had problems... not going to contact my principle referee yet because I know he has a ton of PGCE apps to wade through, but will be emailing him soon too if I don't hear back.
    I've learnt it is the worst thing ever to think about teacher training at bedtime! I also made the mistake of looking into interview details :afraid: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    I've learnt it is the worst thing ever to think about teacher training at bedtime! I also made the mistake of looking into interview details :afraid: .
    It's the worst isn't it! I think my personal statement kept me up at night for weeks... I'd spend hours perfecting a paragraph of stuff in my head then fall asleep and forget it all.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    My secondary reference has sent hers in! After what felt like weeks of silence, I now at least have some movement on my application, particularly as my primary said he was planning on filling in my reference today. Then it can all be sent off and the waiting really begins... Although, by the sounds of it, interviews are rolling out much quicker than I expected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    My secondary reference has sent hers in! After what felt like weeks of silence, I now at least have some movement on my application, particularly as my primary said he was planning on filling in my reference today. Then it can all be sent off and the waiting really begins... Although, by the sounds of it, interviews are rolling out much quicker than I expected.
    I agree, they are much quicker than I expected too. I was talking to a girl who applied on opening day last year - her two interviews were in January. I was expecting similar.

ReputationRep:
    welcome letter has finally come!

ReputationRep:
    Had an email today from mmu saying my application has been received. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Fair point about pestering, thankfully both mine will be in today. Ultimately (well in my case) both my referees are doing me a favour as neither are my Uni lecturers, so I know that I can't do anything but be thankful. Once it's in later for real, I think I will be more relieved than anything, it's out of my hands now until they give me the yes or no for an interview.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.