The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Another quick question-I have read on previous forums that there is a medical form to fill in if you are successful. Is this true? If so, what does it contain?? Just concerned about it that's all although I am probably getting ahead of myself.
Original post by sempitern
To my knowledge this is not the case.
The schemes have differing pass marks for the total only.

I applied to the fast stream a few years ago and I got my feedback from that before attending the FSAC again.

You had to hit a certain mark or above for each competancy to pass. Then I imagine each scheme has a different overall pass mark. Which may vary year to year.
Reply 1922
Original post by rs2210
I wasn't given a location. I was placed in DWP so I assume I'll be moving out of Scotland. No phone calls yet either - which stream are you on?

Thanks - I'm on the Finance Stream you??
Is the log in website down for anyone else right now?
Yes, haven't been able to log on this morning

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1925
Original post by isherregods
Is the log in website down for anyone else right now?

Me too. Not been working all morning.
Does anyone know how marks are awarded? Are you given the highest mark for the exercise you performed best at for each competency or is it an average?
Original post by madl24903
Does anyone know how marks are awarded? Are you given the highest mark for the exercise you performed best at for each competency or is it an average?

That's a good question, I am very interested in the answer to this. I just don't think it must be that easy to pick up marks for competencies otherwise people wouldn't fail surely? I know you have more than once chance to demonstrate a competency so maybe you are right-I hope so :smile:
Original post by madl24903

Original post by jo131278
That's a good question, I am very interested in the answer to this. I just don't think it must be that easy to pick up marks for competencies otherwise people wouldn't fail surely? I know you have more than once chance to demonstrate a competency so maybe you are right-I hope so :smile:

This is what it says on the reports (from last year):

The Fast Stream Assessment Centre (FSAC) measures candidates' performance against six competencies. Each competency is tested at least three times during the day. An average mark for the candidate's overall performance in each competency, ranging from 1.00 to 4.00, is calculated to two decimal places.

The candidate's overall FSAC score is the sum of the six average competency marks. The minimum overall score at FSAC is 6 and the maximum is 24.
(edited 9 years ago)
Any GES candidates still waiting? I had my fsac on the 26th of November. I'm guessing they havnt set the pass marks yet?
I also had my FSAC on 26th November and applying for the GES. I haven't heard anything yet either. Although I did contact parity and they said that we should hear by the end of the week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oooh I have changed to awaiting results but I'm not confident at all :frown: The leadership exercise did not go well at all.
Reply 1932
Heard today that I passed my fsac for the GES :smile: I had it on 02/12/14.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1933
Original post by Morso
Heard today that I passed my fsac for the GES :smile: I had it on 02/14.

Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Morso
Heard today that I passed my fsac for the GES :smile: I had it on 02/14.

Congratulations! It's good to hear some positive results.
Also heard today that I passed fsac for GES :smile:
Original post by ettymae
Also heard today that I passed fsac for GES :smile:

Congratulations to you too.
Original post by beth_r_p
I applied to the fast stream a few years ago and I got my feedback from that before attending the FSAC again.

You had to hit a certain mark or above for each competancy to pass. Then I imagine each scheme has a different overall pass mark. Which may vary year to year.

Yes, a score of under 2 in a given competency would fail.
I was replying to Magnus Opus' comment that perhaps different schemes had different pass marks in individual competencies, which isn't the case.
Anyone do FSAC today, 29th?
Hi there-

I was wondering if I can get any general tips for the leadership exercise/mock brief, as that particular one is something that bothers me the most out of the FSAC. Did anyone find themselves in a position where they were truly unable to answer a question given by their 'line manager' in the mock meeting? Any tips for relaxing/keeping nerves at bay during that particular one?

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending