The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
because you have the option of not buying evian, whereas not having a car isnt really an option.
Reply 2
NoHands
because you have the option of not buying evian, whereas not having a car isnt really an option.

Still , it doesn't give an excuse to hate Arabs. Most of the opinions as to why (I've heard) from people feel the oil prices have upped isn't because of their own governments and inflation, but because of those 'bleeding ******* arabs' who are 'greedy buncha *********'.
What they don't realise is that the Arabs have always sold oil at PISS prices, next to nothing to the Americas and the Britains. But, they took the piss and didn't take the Arabs seriously, causing Arab embargos and thus...Arab money rolled in as Arabia upped the oil prices, making Am/Brit stop their little bullying.
And they are doing it again. Meddling in affiars that aren't their own (for oil, as we all know) . So what do the arabs do in reaction? Yup, you guessed it. Up the oil prices.
There is no terrorism in Saudi Arabia, have you ever heard of anyone being blown up?
Abotu that stoning, that happens very very very rarely just like a rape happens here. And guess what folks, that has been going on for the past 1000 years, no one said anything then, why the need in the past 9 years (in my eyes 9/11 was a sham/excuse to get to Arab oil) to suddenly become arch heros of altruism./

Instead of hating arabs, hate the ******* people in Downing Street for their nosiness.
Reply 3
Err that's not exactly how it works. There isn't a fat sheikh with dollar signs in his eyes who decides the price of oil. Or maybe there is: http://216.131.117.136/archive/jc50.2008/reelBadArabs/JCArabPix/16-Arab_Trader.jpg
Reply 4
deathtoalevel
Still , it doesn't give an excuse to hate Arabs. Most of the opinions as to why (I've heard) from people feel the oil prices have upped isn't because of their own governments and inflation, but because of those 'bleeding ******* arabs' who are 'greedy buncha *********'.
What they don't realise is that the Arabs have always sold oil at PISS prices, next to nothing to the Americas and the Britains. But, they took the piss and didn't take the Arabs seriously, causing Arab embargos and thus...Arab money rolled in as Arabia upped the oil prices, making Am/Brit stop their little bullying.
And they are doing it again. Meddling in affiars that aren't their own (for oil, as we all know) . So what do the arabs do in reaction? Yup, you guessed it. Up the oil prices.
There is no terrorism in Saudi Arabia, have you ever heard of anyone being blown up?
Abotu that stoning, that happens very very very rarely just like a rape happens here. And guess what folks, that has been going on for the past 1000 years, no one said anything then, why the need in the past 9 years (in my eyes 9/11 was a sham/excuse to get to Arab oil) to suddenly become arch heros of altruism./

Instead of hating arabs, hate the ******* people in Downing Street for their nosiness.

ROFL. did i ever say i hated them? Oil prices dont make me hate them. Generally I dont hate them.... And they are a bunch of greedy bastards, what do you think the sole purpose of the OPEC is? to SET oil prices.
Reply 5
deathtoalevel
of Evian Spring Water?

Just asking...

Even with the oil price boosts..it still costs less than a bottle of Evian from your local newasgents .

Let's discuss.

Is it that we want it cheap, or we think the Arabs are being greedy bastards?

I think it's the thickos who hate the Arabs because the don't understand 90% of the cost is UK TAX and profits ...
Reply 6
I don't hate Arabs for any of that but I'd assume the logical answer would be:

Because you don't drink Evian as much as you use oil.
the cost of bottled water is too high
Reply 8
i don't hate Arabs.

thanks for lumping me in with the racists.
ya ginger prick.
misternite
Err that's not exactly how it works. There isn't a fat sheikh with dollar signs in his eyes who decides the price of oil. Or maybe there is: http://216.131.117.136/archive/jc50.2008/reelBadArabs/JCArabPix/16-Arab_Trader.jpg

:rofl:
Reply 10
sarafm
I don't hate Arabs for any of that but I'd assume the logical answer would be:

Because you don't drink Evian as much as you use oil.

Ok.
If you are talking in categories, let us go to the categories of tap water.
A litre of tap water and a litre of evian are piss different.
even if you speak in quality of water, the cost in proportion with the quality, packaging, refinement and quality of the water and the cost of an evian and the cost of a liter of tap water are completely different, because all companies use inflation and high amount of profit.

so if the arabs can be hated.
so can everyone else be.
i know you dont hate arabs.

we was a collective term for those who do , even those who don't lool
I don't hate Arabs, I hate Mr Darling for raping us with extortionate taxes on fuel. We pay ~50p tax per litre while the USA pays half that.
Reply 12
Im sure if Americans had all that oil, it'd be the same price? Cos' its becoming such a scarce resource... :/
It's not, American fuel is dirt cheap compared to ours.

Edit: Likewise, our fuel is dirt cheap compared to Scandanvian Countries I believe.
NoHands

How d'ya work that out?
Reply 15
Ice_Queen
How d'ya work that out?

have you ever been to america? Ireland? many many other countries? thers no public transport so short of walking places if you dont have a car you are screwed.
deathtoalevel

There is no terrorism in Saudi Arabia

The pilots on 9/11 were all Saudis.
What a ridiculous OP. Firstly who said they hate arabs. Second evian is overpriced. Thirdly oil is in massive abundance in the middle east, which is why it is so cheap. The arabs are not selling it cheap because they are SUCH GREAT PEOPLE lol. Also to many students 50% of their expenditure is petrol (me) so small rises in petrol prices affects their disposable income heavily
tbh i do actually think the bottled water industry are bigger crooks than the oil industry. But like all things the problem can be solved by not buying the products. Its a shame that so many idiots still do so they can get away with it.
Reply 19
because theyre brown

Latest

Trending

Trending