The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

^^
SAme, will make for interesting viewing
Reply 61
look on the brightside... you'll get a bit of fame.... teachers will probably hold up your exam paper and say 'don't do what this idiot did'
Reply 62
Aaah thats the dream.
Reply 63
As someone has said - the examiner may have a bit of a laugh and it may brighten their day a bit :smile:

However I doubt any of them would be impressed and a moody examiner may not be amused.

And realistically speaking tell people your local area is a bit of a graveyard for birds and the school headteacher stinks... well that defeats the point of your guide, which means it is ineffective and unpersuasive, in which case, even if the examiners have the right sort of humour to appreciate your jokes, they can't qualify your guide to give you many marks anyway, as it doesn't effectively answer your essay question.

I've put humour in my stuff too but I've put stuff like teachers marching like prison guards in the exam hall - as opposed to what you've put. Light-hearted humour is fine but I think you've gone a bit too far? Generally speaking what you've written would've been funny but considering it's an exam...

Well there's nothing you can do now anyway - just sit back and wait for results day. If needs be I'm sure you can resit or drop the subject! :biggrin: and hey as a real reassurance, no sarcasm, in my modules I got AAD, with D in coursework - you would've thought I'd messed up, right? This is Eng Lit at AS. I came out with an overall A :biggrin: I could've got AAE and still have got an overall A.

So you see, one module doesn't necessarily affect much :biggrin:
Reply 64
My teachers are always bitching about having to mark exams for the Scottish Qualifications Authority. And they say that they're usually quite eager to severely penalise for a bloody stupid mistake after marking 30 papers in a row.

I don't doubt they'll be laughing though, but not really in a positive way, for you at least.

I'd be pretty worried. But then, I wouldn't have said my headmaster smells of piss in my English exam. :stupid:
Reply 65
So naff how you can't have a sense of humour in these exams for risk of a grumpy examiner marking you down.
What are people planning for their general studies exams (if you don't plan on taking them seriously). I want to force the first letter on consecutive lines to read 'general studies is gay' or something. In a manner similar to those poems you had to do in primary school:
Christmas is here
Happy children
Robin poo everywhere
I love christmas
Santa is coming
etc

Latest

Trending

Trending