The Student Room Group

Accepting offers

Hey I've got way more uni offers than I thought so I just wanted to know how to go about accepting them. I'm worried about accepting ones with higher grade requirements. If you don't meet the requirements, are you completely screwed? I'm just worried about picking a uni and then not meeting the requirements. I'm predicted a BCC but I have offers for an ABB and BBB, but also a BCC course. So overall how should I go about this?
Original post by cristalat101
Hey I've got way more uni offers than I thought so I just wanted to know how to go about accepting them. I'm worried about accepting ones with higher grade requirements. If you don't meet the requirements, are you completely screwed? I'm just worried about picking a uni and then not meeting the requirements. I'm predicted a BCC but I have offers for an ABB and BBB, but also a BCC course. So overall how should I go about this?

I agree that you should firm the university you like best, but at the same time I think you have to be honest with yourself about what grades you're likely to get. The jump from BCC to ABB is quite big, for example. Not impossible, but it'd be a big challenge. Are you up for it? If you're sure you're up for the challenge, go for it. If not, maybe BBB is maybe more feasible.

If you don't meet the entry requirements, you aren't "completely screwed". Sometimes universities will be happy to accept you with a dropped grade, but it's not guaranteed. Then you have your insurance choice, which usually tends to be something with lower entry requirements so you're more likely to meet that offer. Failing that, there's always clearing on results day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending