The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Haha, it got me as well. Thought I'd put in the wrong course code or something. :eek:
Greg.
Haha, it got me as well. Thought I'd put in the wrong course code or something. :eek:

Yeah, panicked for a bit. I didn't realise that was how it worked, probably should have done more research...
Reply 162
DriftingBore
Yeah, panicked for a bit. I didn't realise that was how it worked, probably should have done more research...

So what were your 5 choices?
Reply 163
i want this to be a sub thread to the ' economics 2010 applicants/offers thread (read the OP, please) what do you think?
beatleboar
i want this to be a sub thread to the ' economics 2010 applicants/offers thread (read the OP, please) what do you think?

1) I'm not sure if a sub-thread is possible.
2) The problem is that the application profiles are useful to all future applicants, so hiding them in the 2010 applicants -thread wouldn't make much sense.
Reply 165
Roundabout
1) I'm not sure if a sub-thread is possible.
2) The problem is that the application profiles are useful to all future applicants, so hiding them in the 2010 applicants -thread wouldn't make much sense.

Well by a sub-thread I just meant a link to this thread from the offers and rejections thread. Within the opening post tho which is up to goldsilvy ( i think that is his user name)

Well I thought they could check out thier competition , was just an idea. :frown:
beatleboar
Well by a sub-thread I just meant a link to this thread from the offers and rejections thread. Within the opening post tho which is up to goldsilvy ( i think that is his user name)

Well I thought they could check out thier competition , was just an idea. :frown:

Sorry, thought you meant something else with 'sub-thread'. A link to this thread on the OP of the applicants thread is a good idea though.
Reply 167
Roundabout
Sorry, thought you meant something else with 'sub-thread'. A link to this thread on the OP of the applicants thread is a good idea though.

Could you suggest it? I think everyone just ignores me becasue of my negative rep lol.
Paulwhy
So what were your 5 choices?

My final choices were Nottingham, Bristol, Warwick, Sheffield and Exeter. I think I have a very good chance of getting an offer from the last two and I'm hoping my PS is strong enough for the first 3. The waiting starts...
Reply 169
beatleboar
Anyone not applied yet? I am worried.

Me! :biggrin: It will hopefully get sent off by the end of this week. It's all down to my college now. :sigh:
Reply 170
DriftingBore
Year of Entry: 2010
Deferred?: Currently on gap year
GCSEs: 4A* 7A
AS Grades: AAAA (Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Sociology)
AS predicted: A (Economics)
A2 Results: AAAA (Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Sociology)
Previous Degree (if applicable): n/a
Work Experience/Volunteering: 6 months volunteering in hospital, 6 months full time work for medical charity
Universities applied to and decisions: Bristol, Nottingham, Warwick, Sheffield, Exeter

Warwick and Bristol have acknowledged me and said I'll probs hear my decision before January 15th which is kool.

If previous years are anything to go by, Warwick will make very few offers before March.
Why Sheffield??

DriftingBore
My final choices were Nottingham, Bristol, Warwick, Sheffield and Exeter. I think I have a very good chance of getting an offer from the last two and I'm hoping my PS is strong enough for the first 3. The waiting starts...

I agree.
Paulwhy
If previous years are anything to go by, Warwick will make very few offers before March.
Why Sheffield??
I agree.

I just re-read my email and it said that I would either recieve a decision or be told when I will hear a decision by January 15th. I hate the waiting though, was kept hanging till April last time round.

I love the city, I like the look of the course and the university and I was panicking a bit before I sent off my application that I wouldn't get any offers. You think I should have picked a 'better' place or was it a good move?
Reply 172
DriftingBore
I just re-read my email and it said that I would either recieve a decision or be told when I will hear a decision by January 15th. I hate the waiting though, was kept hanging till April last time round.

Exactly. And that point they will tell it will be March.

DriftingBore
I love the city, I like the look of the course and the university and I was panicking a bit before I sent off my application that I wouldn't get any offers. You think I should have picked a 'better' place or was it a good move?

I know you have not got Economics but with AAAA you must be safe outside the top 11. e.g. at AAB.2.1. And Sheffield were in Extra last year. So it does appear a bit low to me. Good sign you like Sheffield. But maybe it was a panicy decision.
Wow, some of the academics on this thread are insane! >.<

Im in year 12, but this thread is killing my confidence :P:
anyone know when birmingham started to send offers last year? was it late? or pretty quick?
Reply 175
neomilan
anyone know when birmingham started to send offers last year? was it late? or pretty quick?

mine came well early. i think around the time i sat the oxford entrance test. so end of october. let me check.
Reply 176
Unknown-User
Wow, some of the academics on this thread are insane! >.<

Im in year 12, but this thread is killing my confidence :P:

no worries, 6A* 4A is very good. just get very good AS grades and A* maybe 2A* predicted, write an excellent PS and ull be fine. also do the right subjects.
danny111
no worries, 6A* 4A is very good. just get very good AS grades and A* maybe 2A* predicted, write an excellent PS and ull be fine. also do the right subjects.

Thanks (:
Im hoping for 4 A's at AS (not sure about chemistry :P: ), and im hopefully going to take AS Further Maths in year 13 to strenghen my application.
Hopefully, that wont be too hard >.<

Also, I was wondering if there was any point in mentioning that I got a 'B' in an FSMQ (Additional maths) last year. I'll probably include it, but I doubt it'll have any effect /:
Reply 178
Unknown-User
Thanks (:
Im hoping for 4 A's at AS (not sure about chemistry :P: ), and im hopefully going to take AS Further Maths in year 13 to strenghen my application.
Hopefully, that wont be too hard >.<

Also, I was wondering if there was any point in mentioning that I got a 'B' in an FSMQ (Additional maths) last year. I'll probably include it, but I doubt it'll have any effect /:

no idea what effect that will have. and yes, defo do FM. will help smooth the transition between school and uni too.
danny111
no idea what effect that will have. and yes, defo do FM. will help smooth the transition between school and uni too.

Will do.
Just ordered some books aswell (:

Are you doing Further Maths by any chance?

Latest

Trending

Trending