The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

PPE at Durham (can't see the study abroad option on UCAS)

Hi everyone,

I have just put in my UCAS application, with one of my choices being PPE at Durham, but I couldn't see the study abroad option. I was just wondering if I have done something wrong, or if you have to wait until you're there to apply for the study abroad year? If I look at other courses e.g., Economics at Durham, the Study abroad year comes up as an option with a different UCAS code so I am slightly confused!

Thank you so much for your time and help! :smile:
Reply 1
I think you wait until you're there, how you feeling about getting an offer back?
My predicted is A*A*A (Maths, Econ, History)
GCSEs: 88888877776,A,M2
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi everyone,

I have just put in my UCAS application, with one of my choices being PPE at Durham, but I couldn't see the study abroad option. I was just wondering if I have done something wrong, or if you have to wait until you're there to apply for the study abroad year? If I look at other courses e.g., Economics at Durham, the Study abroad year comes up as an option with a different UCAS code so I am slightly confused!

Thank you so much for your time and help! :smile:

Hiya

Don't worry about this, you can transfer on to the 4-year course once you start your studies. The website mentions:

Students on BA Philosophy, Politics and Economics can apply to be transferred onto either the Year Abroad or with Placement pathway during the second year. Places on these pathways are in high demand and if you are chosen your studies will extend from three years to four.

Hope that helps :smile:

-Himieka
Reply 3
Original post by thfc_ishan
I think you wait until you're there, how you feeling about getting an offer back?
My predicted is A*A*A (Maths, Econ, History)
GCSEs: 88888877776,A,M2

Thank you so much for the reply! I'm feeling hopeful :smile: , how about you?
My Predicted's are A*AA (Politics, History, Maths)
and my GCSE's are (9999998888)
Reply 4
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya

Don't worry about this, you can transfer on to the 4-year course once you start your studies. The website mentions:

Students on BA Philosophy, Politics and Economics can apply to be transferred onto either the Year Abroad or with Placement pathway during the second year. Places on these pathways are in high demand and if you are chosen your studies will extend from three years to four.

-Himieka

Thank you so much, that has really helped! 🙂
Reply 5
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya

-Himieka

Perfect! Thank you so much, that has really helped.🙂
Reply 6
Thank you so much for the reply! I'm feeling hopeful :smile: , how about you?
My Predicted's are A*AA (Politics, History, Maths)
and my GCSE's are (9999998888)

Fingers crossed, it seems like it's going to come down to the personal statement I really hope I've done enough, I'm just wondering when I'm likely to get a decision back...
Best of luck with your application, your grade profile is strong! :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 7
Fingers crossed, it seems like it's going to come down to the personal statement I really hope I've done enough, I'm just wondering when I'm likely to get a decision back...
Best of luck with your application, your grade profile is strong! :smile:

Yes, that's what I was thinking too, I'm sure you will be just fine! I think decisions tend to come out after the last UCAS deadline (31st January I think) and sometime before late march.

Good luck to you too, I'm sure you will receive an offer! 🙂

If you don't mind me asking, what other universities have you applied for?
Reply 8
Sure no worries.

LSE - Politics and Economics (?)
Warwick - PPE (?)
KCL - PPE (Rejection based on 'strong competition for places')
Queen Mary - Economics & Politics (Reduced Offer AAB)

How about you?
Reply 9
Sure no worries.

Warwick - PPE (?)

How about you?

Ooh they're all great unis!
I applied to-
Oxford (No interview)
LSE ?
Exeter ?
Birmingham (Offer AAB)
All for PPE 🙂
Nice choices, so the Oxford PPE course doesn't require you to do an interview or you didn't get past the interview stage?)
Sure no worries.

Warwick - PPE (?)

How about you?

Ooh they're all great unis!
I applied to-
Oxford (No interview)
LSE ?
Exeter ?
Birmingham (Offer AAB)
All for PPE 🙂

Sorry didn't reply to the thread my bad.
Reply 12
Nice choices, so the Oxford PPE course doesn't require you to do an interview or you didn't get past the interview stage?)

Didn't get passed the interview stage 🙂

Didn't get passed the interview stage 🙂

Ah I see sorry about that obviously got some great choices otherwise hopefully Durham come through for us! 🤞🏼
Reply 14
Ah I see sorry about that obviously got some great choices otherwise hopefully Durham come through for us! 🤞🏼

Yes, fingers crossed! 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest