The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 1
Just a tip to you

IMO calculus and linear algebra books are NOT required and will often end up confusing you compared to what you get in the lectures (library if you must). For number theory i should have that one lying around somewhere (DEFINATELY get this one it is 100% required for the course pretty much and the lecture notes are scanned out of it) but i saw a sign/ad in the maths department for people selling second hand copies of those
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you so much, this type of advice means I am more aware of what I need to buy/ not to buy. thank you
Woody gooner
Anyone selling any second hand maths books? Im looking for books related to Linear Algebra 1, Calculus 1 or Number Theory and Cryptography. Or do people know if there is a second hand book sale on campus? Thanks
I saw the Linear Algebra book at the Actuarial Welcome party today at the end, so perhaps ask one of the committee members if its still around. It had a £35 price tag though.
Reply 4
Just so you know, any reccommended calculus/linear algebra books will be very expensive also

Linear algebra notes will be availiable on blackboard (and good ones too, especially of you have nucinkis, but attend his lectures please)

Calculus will be tough, but most of your calculus course is a mix between logic, elements of pure maths and a bit of limits with some calculus. Just attend all the lectures and do the worksheets, book wont help you at all (and it is a VERY expensive book)
Reply 5
Once again thanks for the replies. The Calculus lectures are a bit of a slog at the mo, but im sure I will get there eventually
Reply 6
Woody gooner
Once again thanks for the replies. The Calculus lectures are a bit of a slog at the mo, but im sure I will get there eventually

sometimes i think the statement is not logic as well~:s-smilie:

*i am a fresher too:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending