The Student Room Group

driving theory

i have my theory test in a few weeks, any tips or useful things to know? i downloaded an app and i've been reading the book but i dont want anything to catch me out
Reply 1
Click twice only in short succession the moment you see the hazard 'developing' coming your way on Hazard Perception test
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
i have my theory test in a few weeks, any tips or useful things to know? i downloaded an app and i've been reading the book but i dont want anything to catch me out

There are 2 types of tests: MCQ and hazard perception. Hazard perception is more of an art form, as @Muttly has implied.

The other test where most people trip up on is the MCQ. I am not sure which book you have, but if you have the latest edition of the theory test book by DVLA, then you should have a copy of all the possible questions that would come up on the test. See:
https://www.safedrivingforlife.info/shop/official-dvsa-theory-test-car-drivers/#look-inside

I am confident that if you get the latest edition of the book (you can get a second hand copy, so long it's the latest edition), there is almost no chance of you being caught out with any question you have not come across. It's like they handed the answers to you; you just don't know which questions will come up.

It took me about 2 weeks of study and revision for me to pass the theory first time. If you are a visual learner, this should be the easier part of getting your licence.
Reply 3
There are 2 types of tests: MCQ and hazard perception. Hazard perception is more of an art form, as @Muttly has implied.

The other test where most people trip up on is the MCQ. I am not sure which book you have, but if you have the latest edition of the theory test book by DVLA, then you should have a copy of all the possible questions that would come up on the test. See:
https://www.safedrivingforlife.info/shop/official-dvsa-theory-test-car-drivers/#look-inside

I am confident that if you get the latest edition of the book (you can get a second hand copy, so long it's the latest edition), there is almost no chance of you being caught out with any question you have not come across. It's like they handed the answers to you; you just don't know which questions will come up.

It took me about 2 weeks of study and revision for me to pass the theory first time. If you are a visual learner, this should be the easier part of getting your licence.

i downloaded the 4 in 1 up and when i do the hazard perception tests, theres 2-4 hazards in each one - is it the same for the real test?
Reply 4
i downloaded the 4 in 1 up and when i do the hazard perception tests, theres 2-4 hazards in each one - is it the same for the real test?

for the hazard perception test i think you get 14 videos, which all have one hazard, except one that has two hazards

No, as above there is 1 hazard in almost all of them, but one will have 2 just to keep you paying attention for every damn clip. My honest advice is not to overthink it, they are almost all kinda obvious and you can make a few mistakes.

For the questions just keep doing mocks over and over until you are confident and familiar with every question, you should ideally be able to pass a few mocks in a row with 48+ or you aren't really ready imo. (I used https://toptests.co.uk/driving-theory-test/ but they do charge for the full version now :colonhash: )
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending